The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)

The Isis Collar (Blood Singer #4)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,693 ratings  ·  114 reviews
Celia Graves was once an ordinary human, but those days are long gone. Now she strives to maintain her sanity and her soul while juggling both vampire abilities and the powers of a Siren.

Warned of a magical “bomb” at a local elementary school, Celia forces an evacuation. Oddly, the explosion seems to have no effect, puzzling both Celia and the FBI. Two weeks later, a stra...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 381 pages
Published March 13th 2012 by Tor

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
181st out of 575 books — 1,776 voters
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareThe Golden Lily by Richelle MeadLover Reborn by J.R. WardRapture by Lauren KateBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Paranormal Titles for 2012!
188th out of 421 books — 1,375 voters

More lists with this book...

Whitley Birks
I read an ARC copy of this book obtained through First Reads.

While I really disliked this book, I can at least recognize that most of what bothered me is a matter of personal opinion. Style choices and plot points that, while I hated them, others would probably like. If you read through my review and think "Why is she whining about that? It sounds fine," then you'd probably like the book. I cannot, in good conscience, call it a bad book, because it's not. But it's not good, either.

First of all,...more
Ferdy
Some spoilers

Half vampire-half siren Celia Graves is instructed to evacuate the local school by her clairvoyent friend Dottie. On arriving at the school, Celia finds a magical bomb and rushes to save the kids and stop the bomb. Celia narrowly escapes with her life but is shocked that her bruises aren't healing as they should, that she has a headache that won't go away and that she's lost some memories. Celia becomes more and more ill, and she soon realises that's she's not the only one. The chil...more
Nafiza
Jun 15, 2012 Nafiza rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Before I go on to the review proper, let me just say that this novel has one of the worst covers I have ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on. Her costume, her pose and the colours – they are all so tacky and such a far cry from the classy covers of the last three or so volumes that I wonder what major changes occurred in the Arts department to cause such a disparity in the continuity of the cover art. I’d replace the current art director with a new one. Or bring the old one back because wow...more
Ally
Waaaaay to long way way to long!!
I hope theres two in 2012
So...you know i was wondering ...may i get an ARC??

AAAAH its here!!!
Not enough romance, felt a little rushed tooo. Whats happening!!
Raquel
Awesome book once again! I just wish Bruno would disappear D:
Dianne
Isis Collar- by – Cat Adams

Holy Moly---I have been following this fantastic series since the start and these books just keep getting better and more exciting with every new addition. Leave it to these women to come up with a heck of a combination of plots to keep us enthralled! Hey! Could they be weaving some kind of magic spell into the book?
Well no matter how they do it, this one was a doozy! This book opens with Celia storming up the steps of a school to be in time to rescue all the children...more
Bookmom
The only thing that saves Celia Graves from the same fate as others after a couple of magical bombs go off at a school she’s trying to evacuate is the fact that she’s got super healing from both her vampire and siren DNA. And that’s only enough to slow the necro-disease down. There’s a race against time to figure out what and how in time to prevent a full-out pandemic as more of these bombs go off around the country.

There’s plenty of action, magic and some sexual tension in this fourth book abou...more
Cathy
2.5 stars. This book is really just more of the same. I still like Celia quite a bit. And for the first half of the book I had my hopes up that the authors had improved their writing a bit, because I hadn't rolled my eyes at all at any silly coincidences like I was so irritated by during the first three books. But it was all downhill from there.

Rizzoli's gift being intuition smacks of lazy storytelling to me, not a cute plot idea. It's too much like Dottie's clairvoyance. Both end up being excus...more
Liv
I have been slacking off with my review writing. I read this book almost 2 weeks ago and I’m finally sitting down now to write my thoughts on it. I feel as though I have already forgotten some stuff about it.

Damn. I shouldn’t do this anymore!!! Focus, focus!!

All right, where should I start?

Overall speaking, the Blood Singer series as well as its female protagonist, Celia, have been growing on me. I would openly admit that I didn’t care much for the first instalment. However, I was glad that I s...more
Aimz
I really liked the first 3 books in this series, and I also liked the covers. I don't know why they changed styles, but it is so cheesy and unrealistic that I would never have picked up the first book if the cover looked like this one!

The first three books reminded me of early Anita Blake (Laurell K Hamilton) or Rachael Morgan (Kim Harrison), with a kick ass, witty, relatable heroine, great world building, and engaging storytelling. This book seems like it's been written by a different...more
Kai
The Isis Collar started with two magical bombs going off at an elementary school. Celia Graves got caught trying to evacuate the school unsuccessfully. With her being half-siren and half-vampire, Celia noticed that her body was not healing as it should. As she dug deeper to find out why her bruise on her leg and her headache wouldn't go away, Celia found that there were a lot going on with the bomb incident. She discovered that the bomb left some kind of magical plaque that were turning children...more
Connie Garcia
I was so excited to get this book in the mail since the author had sent me a signed cover of the book before it even came out. Sorry if this is not real good since my previous review was eated by the computer.

I really loved Celia and I am a big fan of her and Bruno. Celia is the kick ass now and ask questions later someone I could be good friends with since I think so much like her. Bruno is so sweet that I could see him and Celia married he is good for her and she needs someone like him that sh...more
Veronica
I got the Arc of this book early thanks to a contest Tor books had. Great book! I love this series and this hook did not dissapoint. This book kept me interested and it was hard for me to put it down. I'm not going to go into specifics because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I believe this is the best book so far. I'm curious to see what the next book has in store for us. Can't wait to continue this series!
Meg Leader
Pretty good but not great.

Here's the thing...This is book #4 in the series, and I found that the story had WAY too many references to people and events from earlier books in the series. The rules of this magical world are very complicated and seemed arbitrary when I just plop into the 4th book. I don't think the use of back story was effectively done as it has been in other series by other authors.

I'm also less than enthralled by the heavy reliance on magic that seems to be made up on the fly. I...more
Brandie
I really enjoyed this book! I had my reservations about this book. I was like ZOMBIES!? No way! But the way they wrote it was brilliant. I love Celia!

In this book you got to learn a little more about John(sexy as hell) Creede. Which I love. He's genuinely cares about Celia and wants the best for her. What girl wouldn't want that? I can't wait to see what's in store next.
Anna
I really enjoyed reading about Celia and her friends. Strange but I feel like not much happened compared to what went on in the other books. Celia is an interesting and likeable character despite of (or maybe because of) her issues. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about Creede (I hope in the next book) and the other characters.
Jessi
I absolutely loved this one. Especially because Celia is starting to accept somethings that she has just been in denial about. However unfortunately what I want to happen hasn't happened yet :-( I'm still holding out hope though. But overall I'm still enjoying the series and I can't wait for the next one to come out later this year (I believe).
Crystal
I was lucky enough to win an ARC from the Authors-very generous ladies indeed. It was an excellent addition to the series. Now I just have to wait twice as long for the next one in the series. Although according to the author's newsletter #5-The Eldritch Legacy will be released in November of 2012 I believe.
Marsha
May 08, 2012 Marsha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
I've really enjoyed the last two books in the "Blood Singer" series. The antics of body guard/ siren/ vampire Celia Graves can be quite eventful. Not to mention all of the family/ friend drama. However, this last book, "The Isis Collar" was off the mark. While I did enjoy most of it, the book just did not deliver the punch and enthusiasm the other books did.

Celia has received a call from a prophet indicating that she must go to an elementary school and evacuate it. Unfortunately, the administrat...more
Vanessa
Celia's life hasn't been easy since she was turned into an abomination in BLOOD SONG--not quite human, but not quite vampire, either. At the same time her siren abilities manifested, giving her supernatural skills she only wished she had in a profession (bodyguard) that needs all the advantages she can get.

Be careful what you wish for.

THE ISIS COLLAR starts out with a bomb at an elementary school. Someone really despicable wants to cause a pandemic with a magical necrosis that essentially turns...more
R
Jul 13, 2012 R rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr-or-uf
**3-1/2 Stars**

For me, this is one of those series that you can count on to get a good, solid and entertaining read. Like the other books in the series, The Isis Collar has an action-packed plot and a group of interesting characters that you enjoy reading about. The problem for me was, although I didn't get bored reading it--because is IS a good storyline, it didn't excite me quite as much as the previous books either. The writing seemed a bit disjointed in areas, like things/facts were being th...more
Sheyla-
The Fourth book starts with Celia Graves trying to evacuate a school. Her friend Dottie had a vision. To late she finds out that there were magical bombs in the building. At first, Celia thinks there is nothing wrong but soon she realizes that her life is in danger. The bombs have given a new infection which turns infected people into zombies.
Celia who is part Siren, part Vampire knows she is in trouble. Her memories are disappearing, has a headache that won't go away and she is not healing anym...more
Lynda Tatad
I really like the character of Celia Graves from this Blood Singer series! If you haven't read this series, yet... You are missing out! She is one kick-ass bodyguard! She is 1/2 human and 1/2 Siren, and had also survived a bite from a vampire. Sensitive to the sun, and unable to eat solid foods.... She is able to stave off her blood cravings with beef broths and Ensure shakes. As long as she avoids biting a person and drinking thieir blood, she still has her soul. She also has family issues with...more
Khalia Hades
THE ISIS COLLAR was a fast-paced, multi-layered urban fantasy novel. It is the fourth book in the Blood Song series. Celia is a former bodyguard who is adjusting to life after surviving a vampire bite and becoming one herself and discovering that she is also part siren. In this episode, she has to deal with a magical plague that has been set off in schools and is killing the teachers and children who were there. She also has to deal with a witch who has stolen a very powerful artifact and who wa...more
~+-+Vanora+-+~
Score: 4/5 stars

It's no secret I love Blood Singer series. Chanced upon Blood Song in the library and I blew through the book in a day. Once I was done with the book in the night, I just had to find out if there sequels on the shelves in the libraries. Head down to the library the next day and borrowed the sequels Siren Song and Demon Song.

Imagine my delight when I found out The Isis Collar exist.

I love Celia Graves. I hate it when female protagonist in novels have to be constantly rely on other...more
Ivanna
saat menyelamatkan sekolah dasar yang mo di bom oleh penyihir. Dia terluka yang selama 2 minggu belum menunjukkan tanda2 penyembuhan yang ada malah makin parah. Celia udah dateng ke setiap penyembuh yang dia temui namun tidak ditemukan apapun.

detekff yang menangani kasus itu meminta Celia untuk mencari tau siapa penyihir itu. dengan memaksa orang2 yg terlibat untuk mengaku siapa penyihir yang bertanggung jawab, dengan menggunakan darah siren Celia.
namun hasilnya tidak seperti yang dia inginkan....more
Jessica
Another book finished in my TBR challenge, this one just as challenging to read since I haven't read Demon Song since it released in 2011. So yeah, major gaps there! Cat Adams's The Isis Collar was still a very entertaining read. I can't remember much on backstory, but the little tidbits that are critical to the story are brought back up again. Including a brief mentioning of what went down last time.

Luckily, this doesn't seem to be a series where the last book is totally vital to the next one....more
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series revolving around Celia Graves, a bodyguard-turned-vampire in Los Angeles.

My Take
Eeek, this one was filled with drama and tension with all the worry about the children and the creeping necrosis as well as many of the cops whom Celia used to go drinking with who want her dead and they keep doing their best to trip her up. Adams created a tricky story here. Hard-to-find clues that just didn't add up until Adams pulled it all together at the end.

It cr...more
Gabriela
Boy, do I ever get tired of Celia Graves and her problems! xD
No, seriously, the girl has charm. You could be dealing with the worst situation ever in real life yet when you lie down and sink into her world with all the demons, family trouble (and it is heavy trouble when you also have to deal with the fits of a little girl that's forever stuck at the age of 8), men trouble, and the usual enemies that want Celia dead for no specific reason, you come to realize that you're much better off. (view...more
Habrewer
The Isis Collar by Cat Adams
* I received a copy of this book from Tor Publishing in exchange for an honest review*

This is the fourth installment in the Blood Singer series and Celia is faced with yet another problem. She is injured while trying to save a school full of small children that she can’t seem to recover from. It turns out it is a magical spell that is turning people into zombies if they don’t get the antidote.

Her mother has escaped from the island and is back in town and Creede is mis...more
Bruno or Creede: Celia please pick one already!!! 7 21 Oct 26, 2013 05:38PM
  • Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)
  • A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair, #2)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Shadow's Fall (Shadow World, #3)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Bloodstone (Deadtown, #3)
  • Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

More about Cat Adams...
Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3) Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2) The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5) To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)