Slave to Love Slave to Love Slave to Love

Slave to Love Slave to Love Slave to Love

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Campbell has created a gothic tale filled with dark overtones and overly dramatic characters who are balanced by fey Alice and her very modern friends in their search for love.
Published July 13th 2004 by Villard Books

Tonya
This book was interesting. I wasn't sure I would like it, but as I am a fan of Brit Lit, I thought I would give it a try. While I liked most of the characters, I had a hard time understanding being in love with a dead boy. Also, there were a few times when I thought the book veered off course needlessly. But overall, an enjoyable read.
Mandy
Slave to Love is one of my go-to books, one that I can read over and over again. I think I've read it three times already. It is British, and witty, and exceedingly smart. If I were to ever end up living in England and wanted a snarky, funny friend, befriending Rebecca Campbell would be my ideal.

Alice works at an auction house, her boss and co-workers are your typical collection of oddballs. The auction house gets a chance at a rare edition of Audubon's birds, currently in the possession of an...more
Eva Nickelson
This story had some interesting characters, but they were inconsistent and unbelievable throughout the story. The relationships described are complicated on the surface, but have no real depth to them. Some symbolism comes into the story, but is under-utilized.

It is easy to read and moves along quickly, but it does not give the reader any reason to keep on reading.
Amy
I LOVED this book. You have a woman who goes through a complete change because of her bad choices and actually ends up changing who she is a bit and gets everything she ever wanted. I love the writer's choice of words and expressions. The way she describes the clothing purchase is one of my favorite quotes of all time.
Heather
It started off entertaining and sort of funny, but the wheels came off pretty quickly. I felt like it was over written and the main character was odd and not all that likable.
Meg
NOT as bad as the title sounds, by a long shot. It was offbeat, sad, and shockingly literary chicklit, which was not quite what I had anticipated.
Katie
Sweet romance full of quirky characters and rare book auctions.
Shoshi Glazer
Shoshi Glazer marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Sonita
Sonita is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2014
Crystal Dickenson
Crystal Dickenson marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Dalchickie
Dalchickie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Julie Desjardins
Julie Desjardins marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Sharon
Sharon added it
Mar 12, 2013
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Roxana
Roxana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Michele Piccini
Michele Piccini marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Slave to Fashion The Marriage Diaries The Favours And Fortunes Of Katie Castle Alice's Secret Garden Gente guapa