Start by marking “Restoration (The World House #2)” as Want to Read:
Restoration (The World House #2)

Restoration (The World House #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  13 reviews
None who enter the World House leave it unchanged.

They sought the box for many years, because held inside that arcane magical artefact was, miraculously, a house. But now its real purpose has become clear – it was a prison, and the infinitely evil being it was built to imprison has been let loose. Now the real quest begins in earnest.

This direct sequel to the critically ac
Published July 7th 2011 by Angry Robot (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Restoration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoration

Marcus
In February 2010 I got myself a copy of Guy Adams’ The World House and I think it is one piece of insane genius. Anmong other things I had this to say:

If you enjoy strange and bizarre tales and especially if you love Neil Gaiman’s work and wonder what his tales would be like on a bad trip, get yourself a copy of The World House.

So I was obviously delighted when I got my hands on part two of the story of The World House: Restoration.

After reading both parts now, I cannot help but wonder what is g
Woodge
This book essentially finishes the story begun in The World House which I read last March. A random selection of people, upon discovering an odd puzzle box and dangerous situations, find themselves trapped in a mysterious house that defies logic, has endless corridors, rooms, and dangers. In this story they realize that they must somehow re-imprison the Prisoner who was inadvertently loosed in the first book. This Prisoner is evil and has god-like powers. It's not going to be easy. Not everyone ...more
Paul
The Beast is loose.

After countless years trapped inside the World House, its sinister prisoner is loose and pure evil has been loosed upon the world.

Now the motley band of explorers, treasure hunters and thrill seekers must unit to imprison it once more.

Nothing to it…

A little less than a month ago I was sat in the audience for the raffle at Alt.Fiction and Restoration by Guy Adams came up as one of the prizes. The affable Mr Adams was hosting said raffle and when his latest book appeared he mad
Soo
I read this immediately after finishing the first book, which I believe allowed a better appreciation of it.
With a lot more of the action, past and present, focused outside of the house one gets to see much wider view of several characters. There are some lovely twists in the sequel, which I felt softened some of the harsher parts of the first book.
I am definitely left feeling I want to read more of this author's work, which is always a bonus.
Michael Bourgon

Nasty, brutish, mean-spirited, miscategorized. I so wanted to like this story. What's not to like? It's like the Midnight At The Well Of Souls, but set in a house! Multiple viewpoints, multiple characters! Time travelling!

However, several main flaws. One, it's more than a little mean. It's closer to horror than Urban Fantasy The bad guy is both utterly reprehensible yet unlikeable, so he comes off as a hopelessly cruel force of nature. There's a LOT of mean parts for no good reason. Some pay of
Natalie
Exciting, marvelously confusing, calamitously surreal fantasy-science fiction. The characters come from distinctly different times and places--except the ones who come from exactly the same places but different times. "Restoration" and "The World House" are well written and well constructed--very enjoyable, if you can take some graphic, if clearly unreal, violence.
Katie Webb
I didn't quite love this book as much as I did the first one, but it was a good conclusion to the events of The World House. I got more of my favourite double-team: Carruthers and Miles. This volume also suffered from the problem of too many characters who didn't really serve enough of a purpose to warrant their existence. All in all, I thought it was a good read.
Brian Heverly
First off.. WOW! What a great series. I wish their was more to come. Honestly though, i think restoration should have been 2 books. I mean Guy did a fantastic job writing the first world house and it didnt seemed rushed because he knew he was doing a sequel. As good as part two was, i think he rushed it alittle bit... before i new it it was over. Yo Guy, write a prequel!! Or even a 3rd, please.
Rrain
I had the same difficulty with this book as I did with its predecessor--it was an uphill battle at first, getting into it. I've been picking away at it for a long time. But then once I got over the hump I accelerated right to the end of the book. It's got some fascinating ideas, and I enjoyed it, but it was a bit of a rough road getting there.
Vicky
I actually enjoyed this more than the first one. Im not sure if this is due to being familiar with the concepts from the first book so it was easier to get into or just because it was better but again I really enjoyed it.
Lawrence
The story is confusing because of the time travel element. There are too many characters and the author keeps jumping from one story line to another too much. The ending also left much to be desired.
Chris Knox
Mega disappointed in this. Book 1 was a 2 star book with a 4 star finish that made me go for book 2... Shouldn't have. All over the place!
Mark
wonderful conclusion to the out of this world adventure
Chibs
Chibs marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Gary Schroeder
Gary Schroeder marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Viking Joe
Viking Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Nick Wiens
Nick Wiens marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Trent
Trent marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2014
Jordan
Jordan is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2014
Leigh Ann
Leigh Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
  • Nobody's Fault
  • The Swarm
  • Bobby's Boy
  • The Revenge of Eli Monpress (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #4-5)
  • Slights
  • The Art of Aging: A Doctor's Prescription for Well-Being
  • The Chosen Seed (The Dog-Faced Gods, #3)
  • Trust
  • The Book of Beasts (Hollow Earth, #3)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Three
  • The Great Game (The Bookman Histories, #3)
  • Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle (7.8 #1)
  • Aliens in the Sky (Spooksville, #4)
  • City of Light & Shadow (City of a Hundred Rows, #3)
  • The Measure of a Man: The Story of a Father, a Son, and a Suit
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Redlaw
  • The Weight of Glass
Sherlock: The Casebook The Breath of God (Sherlock Holmes) The House That Jack Built (Torchwood, #12) The World House (The World House #1) The Army of Dr. Moreau