Start by marking “The Walls of Jericho (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Walls of Jericho (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #1)

The Walls of Jericho (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  9 reviews
American Ben Kamal is a Detroit police detective whose police training makes him valuable to the new Palestinian police force on the West Bank. He's glad to help--but hooking up with the Israelis to find a serial killer was not part of the deal.

Danielle Barnea is the best that Shin Bet, Israel's FBI , has to offer, but she, too, resists the assignment.

Now Ben and Danielle
Published May 15th 1998 by Tor Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Walls of Jericho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walls of Jericho

Merle
I am writing to recommend not only this book but all the books in this Danielle and Ben Kamal series. It takes place in the Mid East and is a series that develops over the course of the books. The characters grow and their relationship increases as they work together to solve crimes that happen between Israelis and Arabs. Danielle is an Israeli police detective with the Shin Bet and Ben Kamal is a Palestinian policeman who has returned from America to help the police force. The two are assigned ...more
Paula Howard
The Walls of Jericho is a novel set in the Middle East during the beginnings of peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. Jon Land has done a wonderful job of research concerning the tensions that exist in the Middle East. The story centers around a joint Israeli - Palestinian police effort to capture or eliminate individuals who wish for the peace talks to fail. Ben Kamel is a Palestinian who has returned home to work for the Palestinian police. Danielle Barnea is a officer in Shin Bet, ...more
Niv
Very interesting book, Mr. Land had obviously done his research and then some! he knew every nook and cranny in Palestine. I loved the book and I want to continue reading the series. I gave it 4 stars because I would have liked it to end differently, I wanted Omar Shaath to be kicked out of the police force publicly or something like that, but oh well, we can't always get what we want. So the bottom line is it's a good book.
Cupcakencorset
A good, solid detective book with political espionage and machinations, set in 1997, mainly in Jerusalem. This is the first in a series featuring a Palestinian-American detective named Ben Kamal, and in it Land creates a fertile ground from which to draw more adventures and intrigue. 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Vin Lunney

PBS needs to make a Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea series.
Hermien
I loved this tense crime novel set in an intriguing Middle Eastern setting. I'm looking forward to the next Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea investigation.
Mischelle
This book is totally different from the '80's '90's spy novels that I was use to reading. This was good none the less!! Go Jon Land!
Tina
I have read a few of these. They are good detective stories combines with a bit of culture and politics.
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
David
David added it
Jan 17, 2015
Louie Desmet
Louie Desmet marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jeff S
Jeff S marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Danielle Fleck
Danielle Fleck marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Bharath Balakrishnan
Bharath Balakrishnan marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Batya7
Batya7 marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
hunter Jack
hunter Jack marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Raisin
Raisin marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Death of a Nationalist (Tejada, #1)
  • The Warsaw Document
  • The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2)
  • The Family Orchard: A Novel
  • Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kencaid, #2)
  • Trial By Fire
  • Highland Laddie Gone (Elizabeth MacPherson, #3)
  • Lehrter Station (John Russell, #5)
  • The Sirens of Baghdad
  • Copper River (Cork O'Connor, #6)
  • Hangman's Root (China Bayles, #3)
  • The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • The Sacrifice of Tamar
Jon Land is the acclaimed author of numerous bestsellers, including The Seven Sins, The Last Prophecy, Blood Diamonds, The Walls of Jericho, The Pillars of Solomon, A Walk in the Darkness, Keepers of the Gate, and The Blue Widows. He lives in Providence, Rhode Island.
More about Jon Land...

Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea (7 books)
  • The Pillars of Solomon (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #2)
  • A Walk in the Darkness (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #3)
  • Keepers of the Gate (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #4)
  • Blood Diamonds (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #5)
  • The Blue Widows (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #6)
  • The Last Prophecy (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #7)
Strong Enough to Die (Caitlin Strong, #1) Strong Justice (Caitlin Strong, #2) The Omega Command  (Blaine McCracken, #1) The Last Prophecy (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #7) A Walk in the Darkness (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #3)

“Shit travels a long way, but wherever it lands it smells the same. - Colonel Franklin Brickland” 1 likes