Start by marking “Pirate” as Want to Read:
Pirate

Pirate

My Love,
They call me privateer—cold, ruthless, brazen and bold. Yet, from the first moment I saw you, I was overcome. You were but a helpless child, orphaned and innocent, when I rescued you from almost certain defilement and death—and whisked you off to my Caribbean island hideaway to be shockingly pampered by my loyal crew.
And now you are a woman—as beautiful as the dawn
Published November 1993 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Pirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirate

Rich
Dec 30, 2007 Rich rated it it was ok
I bought this book as a deterrent for a youth group... any boy caught calling a girl "bitch" or "ho" would have to read a few pages aloud to the rest of the group. Amazingly, once I read them a random selection, that language completely disappeared from the group meetings. Thanks, Fabio!
Mojca
Vicki
Oct 17, 2011 Vicki rated it it was ok
Recommended to Vicki by: Kismet
I bought this for a quarter in a Goodwill in Amish Country, PA. It is written by Fabio. He is also the cover model. And he has a centerfold of himself just inside the front cover that is signed and has the words, "For You Alone" on it. I am reading it. This has been a series of true statements.

This book is exactly what you think it is. Amazing and horrible. Amazingly horrible?
Scott Rhee
Apr 09, 2013 Scott Rhee rated it did not like it
No, wait, let me explain... I originally bought this as a joke. It was in the paperback rack at the library book sale. (As if I would pay full price for this, seriously?) It's one of those ironic book purchases; you know, the kind that you're not seriously considering reading, you just thought it would be funny to have on the coffee table when friends came over and everybody has a good laugh over it. I mean, it can't actually be any good, right? I mean, look at it: all paperbacky and stuff, with ...more
Kimberly
Dec 09, 2007 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I can't believe I read this. It came with a mini poster of Fabio. My kids found this in my closet and teased me mercilessly. I never knew where that Fabio poster would show up!!!!
Anna
Feb 16, 2009 Anna rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This book was awful. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Yes, it was one of those books. By all rights, this should have gotten a much lower rating, but it was so unintentionally hilarious, I could not stop laughing.

I seriously don't think I could ever do justice to how many "wait... what just happened? Are you kidding? But that makes no sense!" moments there were in this book. The prose was so purple I was amazed the pages hadn't been stained that colour, there was some excessive abuse of exclamation
PepperAnne
Mar 18, 2009 PepperAnne rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Fabio. I found it by fate at Bargain Books in the valley for $1.00. I figured, why not get it. I'm curious... HE wrote it. That shocked me right there.

Originally I bought the book for my mom so she can read it to escape everyday crazyness. It stayed on the kitchen table for over a week before I decided to read it.

My romance novel phase lasted the 4 years of my high school experience. Here I am 9 years later picking up a romance novel!

This book is full of witt
Sharon

A meaty story. (No pun intended)

I thought this book was well written and the plot was full of adventure, exciting depth in the characters, sizzling love scenes and a great alpha lead.

After this one, I sought out other books by Fabio.

Although this book was a collaboration between 2 writers, I could easily see the dominate male influence in this story. Being partial to dominate alphas, my thinking was enlightened regarding Fabio as a writer.

I have never given much thought to the man Fabio, but si
Judith
Sep 19, 2010 Judith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Although reading this piece of literature?? often set off gales of derisive laughter, I must admit that over all, Pirate is readable, if only for its comic effect. (It is supposed to be a serious romance.)All in all the book reminds me of cotton candy. It looks like a lot, but it only amounts to just the tiniest bit of sugar. There is absolutely no substance to it, but people buy it anyway for the sugar rush.
Cordelia
Aug 11, 2010 Cordelia rated it liked it
What should I do with the Fabio-crawling-around-on-a-sandy-beach poster that was inside this book? Place it over my TV for a weird juxtaposition of seeing Uber Man Fabio while I'm watching Criminal Minds play break-the-cutie with Dr. Reid? (I think this is the only option.)
Jaina Bee
Jun 02, 2009 Jaina Bee rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kitsch lovers
Recommended to Jaina Bee by: Lisa Carver
Shelves: read-long-ago
This really is a fascinating shard of shrapnel from the Fabio explosion. It is written in his unmistakable voice, which arouses more amusement than passion in me.
Andrew Kooy
Jun 06, 2007 Andrew Kooy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every lady everywhere
The avatar of the sex god tantalizes and titilates in this sexy tale of swashbuckling on the high seas. This book truly shivered my timbers and I would be willing to swab his poopdeck any day.
Adrienne
Aug 06, 2011 Adrienne added it
Shelves: trash
Yes I did.
Danielle
Nov 02, 2015 Danielle rated it did not like it
1993. The first WTC bombing. Waco, Texas. The Tomsk-7 explosion. And Pirate by Fabio. A disastrous year.

The blame can’t be laid entirely on the man who killed a goose with his nose, however. Eugenia Riley, most well known for her time-travel romances, shares a “with” credit. How much input an Italian supermodel was allowed to have on the plot is up for debate, but Pirate is the first of five historical collaborations released in Fabio’s name. (As the 90s waned, he switched to a series of romant
Lisla Cavill
Jan 11, 2017 Lisla Cavill rated it really liked it
Hace tiempo quería leer algo de este hombre, y resultó lo que pensé. Empezando porque obviamente, el prota es un galanazo!! guapura de guapuras, la prota no duda en alabarlo y decir lo HERMOSO que es y obviamente con un atributo enorme, jajaja. Tiene sus momentos que aunque no sean graciosos te hace reír; a mi parecer es demasiado blandengue el Pirata Marco, ambos protas tercos, ella más. Situaciones un tanto ridículas que dan un poco de pena. Diré a su favor, que no pintó al prota todo malote c ...more
Helena
Dec 22, 2016 Helena rated it it was amazing
I got really mad about the plot to the point of rage 75% into the book. Other than that, I must say it was really hot.
Noelia
Dec 01, 2016 Noelia rated it did not like it
El libro es malo con ganas, una parodia de las novelas de piratas. Pero es una de las lecturas conjuntas más divertidas que he hecho, y ésa es la única manera de leerlo sin desquiciarse.
Maura
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
Feb 19, 2013 Helm Ehmy Ilarde rated it liked it
The plot is interesting considering it consisted of "the man raising his woman" but I find that near the ending everything is rushed-- the story quite chaotic in the end. A certain hated life-long villain is suddenly forgiven and became an allay of sorts--it's nearly not possible unless if the protagonist would have been a saint, in which he isn't. All in all, I rate this book 3 stars. I might have rated it 4 or 5 if I had read it when I am still 13 years old and had only read a few pirate/roman ...more
Belinda G
This book is not sexy. This book isn't even a romance novel geared towards females. It's one man's domineering wet dream, and frankly horrific.
I have nothing good to say about this.
Not one single point.

Seriously, when you have characters asking their pet cheetahs for relationship advice, you have problems.

It went beyond "This is so bad, I'm basically reading a train wreck". Because I've sat through such train wrecks and still found some enjoyment in the ride. This is just BAD.

And I didn't get
Casey H
Feb 14, 2016 Casey H rated it liked it
Yes, I am talking about that Fabio. Which is exactly why I picked up Pirate. I mean, how could I not want to read a book by the legendary Fabio? (Though, technically, he co-wrote it with Eugenia Riley.) Okay, fine, the real reason I picked it up was because I wanted to laugh and make fun of it. (Does that make me an evil person? Reading a book solely to make fun of it?) Anyway, Pirate wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but I did nearly pee in my pants from laughing so hard.
Lenore
Feb 04, 2012 Lenore rated it liked it
ummm, lots of sex, not too explicit. Lots of whore and wench calling to the point that I had a dream about it...which was hilarious to me. The story was VERY familiar. Not sure if I was having desavue(sp?) the whole time, or if I had heard or seen something similar before that. Luckily, I did not think the main character was anything like Fabio.
Rowan
Jan 29, 2009 Rowan rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, fiction
This book is pure, unapologetic brainless fantasy. It doesn't pretend to be anything else. The characters are two-dimensional, and the plot is so predictable that the only thing that surprised me was that it actually attempted to have a plot twist at the end. It does exactly what it says on the box, and is rated accordingly.
Lynne Page
Aug 10, 2015 Lynne Page rated it liked it
This book was horrible. It was so very obvious, and it was so stilted. But at the same time, it was hilarious. I found myself laughing when I knew I shouldn't be laughing. I think Fabio and his helper used a thesaurus way too often. But overall, if I were into harlequin romances, I would suspect I would have enjoyed this one.
I give it three stars because Fabio is just freaking awesome.
Lauren Doll
Dec 21, 2010 Lauren Doll rated it it was amazing
I'm gonna be honest. The only reason I am reading this book is because Fabio is on the cover and that he wrote it. You guys are looking at Fabio's #1 Fan, so I don't honestly care what its about. All I know is that its gonna be good. Enjoy!
Reba
Feb 11, 2013 Reba rated it liked it

Maybe it's because I'm I'm the middle of Blizzard 2013, but I actually enjoyed this one...I think I've just given in to the cheesiness of it all. I've embraced Fabio...the sexiest, most desired man in the world (circa 1994). Yikes..I just typed that out loud didn't I? Bahaha
Elf
Jun 29, 2007 Elf rated it really liked it
I dont' want to hear a single word from my friends. I picked this up years ago when my mom was done because i was stuck home sick and had nothing to read.

It's kind of a cute story though. Considering I only read romance on a very rare occasion it wasn't that bad.
South Regional Durham County Libraries
Pat
Jan 03, 2015 Pat rated it it was ok
Read for the fun of it.
Caribbean island pirates save a child from being raped. Raise her and it becomes a steamy romance.
KarinC
Aug 14, 2007 KarinC rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The person that I put this here for did not disappoint me. I got the reaction I expected. I'm leaving it on my list! :)

I "heart" you!
  • The Princess and Her Pirate (Sedonia, #1)
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Crimson Rapture
  • While Passion Sleeps (Louisiana #8)
  • To Love a Rogue
  • The Black Rose (Dangerous Heroes, #1)
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • A Touch So Wicked (Sin Trilogy, #3)
  • The Captain's Lady
  • Bound by the Heart
  • The River Devil (Devil, #2)
  • The Duke's Willful Wife (Friends Forever Series, #2)
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • Upon a Moon-Dark Moor (Chandlers of Highclyffe Hall, #1)
  • The Spirit Path
  • Once a Pirate
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • The Forever Kiss