Start by marking “Pirate” as Want to Read:
Pirate

Pirate

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  39 reviews
My Love,
They call me privateer—cold, ruthless, brazen and bold. Yet, from the first moment I saw you, I was overcome. You were but a helpless child, orphaned and innocent, when I rescued you from almost certain defilement and death—and whisked you off to my Caribbean island hideaway to be shockingly pampered by my loyal crew.
And now you are a woman—as beautiful as the dawn
Published November 1993 by Avon Books (Mm)

To ask other readers questions about Pirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirate

Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Pirate Lord by Sabrina JeffriesThe Windflower by Laura LondonRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Hawk by Monica McCarty
Pirate/Swashbucking Romance
37th out of 133 books — 175 voters
Warrior's Woman by Johanna LindseyDefy Not the Heart by Johanna LindseyThe Hawk and the Dove by Virginia HenleyGentle Rogue by Johanna LindseySavage Thunder by Johanna Lindsey
The One & Only Fabio
20th out of 82 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Rich
I bought this book as a deterrent for a youth group... any boy caught calling a girl "bitch" or "ho" would have to read a few pages aloud to the rest of the group. Amazingly, once I read them a random selection, that language completely disappeared from the group meetings. Thanks, Fabio!
Mojca
Vicki
Oct 17, 2011 Vicki rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vicki by: Kismet
I bought this for a quarter in a Goodwill in Amish Country, PA. It is written by Fabio. He is also the cover model. And he has a centerfold of himself just inside the front cover that is signed and has the words, "For You Alone" on it. I am reading it. This has been a series of true statements.

This book is exactly what you think it is. Amazing and horrible. Amazingly horrible?
Kimberly
I can't believe I read this. It came with a mini poster of Fabio. My kids found this in my closet and teased me mercilessly. I never knew where that Fabio poster would show up!!!!
Scott Rhee
No, wait, let me explain... I originally bought this as a joke. It was in the paperback rack at the library book sale. (As if I would pay full price for this, seriously?) It's one of those ironic book purchases; you know, the kind that you're not seriously considering reading, you just thought it would be funny to have on the coffee table when friends came over and everybody has a good laugh over it. I mean, it can't actually be any good, right? I mean, look at it: all paperbacky and stuff, with...more
Anna
This book was awful. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Yes, it was one of those books. By all rights, this should have gotten a much lower rating, but it was so unintentionally hilarious, I could not stop laughing.

I seriously don't think I could ever do justice to how many "wait... what just happened? Are you kidding? But that makes no sense!" moments there were in this book. The prose was so purple I was amazed the pages hadn't been stained that colour, there was some excessive abuse of exclamation...more
PepperAnne
This is the first book I've read by Fabio. I found it by fate at Bargain Books in the valley for $1.00. I figured, why not get it. I'm curious... HE wrote it. That shocked me right there.

Originally I bought the book for my mom so she can read it to escape everyday crazyness. It stayed on the kitchen table for over a week before I decided to read it.

My romance novel phase lasted the 4 years of my high school experience. Here I am 9 years later picking up a romance novel!

This book is full of witt...more
Sharon

A meaty story. (No pun intended)

I thought this book was well written and the plot was full of adventure, exciting depth in the characters, sizzling love scenes and a great alpha lead.

After this one, I sought out other books by Fabio.

Although this book was a collaboration between 2 writers, I could easily see the dominate male influence in this story. Being partial to dominate alphas, my thinking was enlightened regarding Fabio as a writer.

I have never given much thought to the man Fabio, but si...more
Judith
Although reading this piece of literature?? often set off gales of derisive laughter, I must admit that over all, Pirate is readable, if only for its comic effect. (It is supposed to be a serious romance.)All in all the book reminds me of cotton candy. It looks like a lot, but it only amounts to just the tiniest bit of sugar. There is absolutely no substance to it, but people buy it anyway for the sugar rush.
Cordelia
What should I do with the Fabio-crawling-around-on-a-sandy-beach poster that was inside this book? Place it over my TV for a weird juxtaposition of seeing Uber Man Fabio while I'm watching Criminal Minds play break-the-cutie with Dr. Reid? (I think this is the only option.)
Andrew Kooy
Jun 06, 2007 Andrew Kooy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: every lady everywhere
The avatar of the sex god tantalizes and titilates in this sexy tale of swashbuckling on the high seas. This book truly shivered my timbers and I would be willing to swab his poopdeck any day.
Jaina Bee
Jun 02, 2009 Jaina Bee rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kitsch lovers
Recommended to Jaina Bee by: Lisa Carver
Shelves: read-long-ago
This really is a fascinating shard of shrapnel from the Fabio explosion. It is written in his unmistakable voice, which arouses more amusement than passion in me.
Adrienne
Aug 06, 2011 Adrienne added it
Shelves: trash
Yes I did.
Brandy
Jul 02, 2014 Brandy marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
The plot is interesting considering it consisted of "the man raising his woman" but I find that near the ending everything is rushed-- the story quite chaotic in the end. A certain hated life-long villain is suddenly forgiven and became an allay of sorts--it's nearly not possible unless if the protagonist would have been a saint, in which he isn't. All in all, I rate this book 3 stars. I might have rated it 4 or 5 if I had read it when I am still 13 years old and had only read a few pirate/roman...more
Belinda G
This book is not sexy. This book isn't even a romance novel geared towards females. It's one man's domineering wet dream, and frankly horrific.
I have nothing good to say about this.
Not one single point.

Seriously, when you have characters asking their pet cheetahs for relationship advice, you have problems.

It went beyond "This is so bad, I'm basically reading a train wreck". Because I've sat through such train wrecks and still found some enjoyment in the ride. This is just BAD.

And I didn't get...more
Casey Harris-Parks
Yes, I am talking about that Fabio. Which is exactly why I picked up Pirate. I mean, how could I not want to read a book by the legendary Fabio? (Though, technically, he co-wrote it with Eugenia Riley.) Okay, fine, the real reason I picked it up was because I wanted to laugh and make fun of it. (Does that make me an evil person? Reading a book solely to make fun of it?) Anyway, Pirate wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but I did nearly pee in my pants from laughing so hard.

My full review...more
Lynne Page
This book was horrible. It was so very obvious, and it was so stilted. But at the same time, it was hilarious. I found myself laughing when I knew I shouldn't be laughing. I think Fabio and his helper used a thesaurus way too often. But overall, if I were into harlequin romances, I would suspect I would have enjoyed this one.
I give it three stars because Fabio is just freaking awesome.
Lenore
ummm, lots of sex, not too explicit. Lots of whore and wench calling to the point that I had a dream about it...which was hilarious to me. The story was VERY familiar. Not sure if I was having desavue(sp?) the whole time, or if I had heard or seen something similar before that. Luckily, I did not think the main character was anything like Fabio.
Mary
This book is pure, unapologetic brainless fantasy. It doesn't pretend to be anything else. The characters are two-dimensional, and the plot is so predictable that the only thing that surprised me was that it actually attempted to have a plot twist at the end. It does exactly what it says on the box, and is rated accordingly.
Reba

Maybe it's because I'm I'm the middle of Blizzard 2013, but I actually enjoyed this one...I think I've just given in to the cheesiness of it all. I've embraced Fabio...the sexiest, most desired man in the world (circa 1994). Yikes..I just typed that out loud didn't I? Bahaha
Elf
I dont' want to hear a single word from my friends. I picked this up years ago when my mom was done because i was stuck home sick and had nothing to read.

It's kind of a cute story though. Considering I only read romance on a very rare occasion it wasn't that bad.
South Regional Durham County Libraries
I'm gonna be honest. The only reason I am reading this book is because Fabio is on the cover and that he wrote it. You guys are looking at Fabio's #1 Fan, so I don't honestly care what its about. All I know is that its gonna be good. Enjoy!
Lauren Doll
Anthony Ventrello
I like romance, I like historical novels, and when I was younger Fabio was my hero. I really enjoyed the book. It was an easy, fun read and the steamy sex scenes were too cool.
Shell
I read this book about 10 years ago in high school...help me but I loved it hahaha. Im going to read it again now and I might change this review.
Caitlin
Truely, you have not lived until you're read about the 'boulder in [Fabio's:] pirate trousers.

If only I could give it SIX stars.
Esmerelda
The person that I put this here for did not disappoint me. I got the reaction I expected. I'm leaving it on my list! :)

I "heart" you!
Beatrizz1983
Una de las peores novelas románticas que he leído, y no me cabe duda que influye mucho que el autor se retrate a si mismo....
Lisa
I read this in high school and it was one of my favorites. Cheesy? Yes. But still worth pulling out once in a while.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • While Passion Sleeps
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Fierce Eden
  • Bound by the Heart
  • Conquer The Night (Graham, #2)
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • A Baby Between Friends
  • Fallen Angels (Crowning Mercy, #2)
  • Comanche Flame
  • Desired
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Savage Embers (Savage, #10)
  • The River Devil (Devil, #2)
  • A Touch So Wicked (Sin Trilogy, #3)
  • Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer (Nightmares, #1)
  • Upon a Moon-Dark Moor