Start by marking “The Years Distilled: Verses” as Want to Read:
The Years Distilled: Verses

The Years Distilled: Verses

The Years Distilled are the verses from twenty years of spoken word and performance poetry on stages and in coffee houses around the United States. While the collection only represents a small fraction of the writing done over two decades (1990-2010) it is an almost complete collection of the pieces performed. The ranting and rambling contained within this book is often ju ...more
Published June 21st 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Years Distilled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Years Distilled

The Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanShakespeare's Sonnets by William ShakespeareAriel by Sylvia PlathThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. Eliot
Best Poetry Books
1,770 books — 1,930 voters
Blood & Spirits by Dennis SharpeHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Books you'll love
249 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Mii
Jul 04, 2014 Mii rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read!
Christoph Fischer
Apr 30, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by a friend for my honest opinion. I have read several of this author's great short fiction and novels but was still apprehensive about the idea of reading poetry by anyone. Curiosity in the end got the better of me and what I found was fortunately a pleasant surprise.

Whether these verses are inner dialogue with or about the author's surroundings (coffee places, diners or the buzz of a city), a love letter or something comparable to a contract with his girlfriend about the
Patricia
Apr 25, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Simply Amazing.

The work contined in this book is breathtaking, sad, funny, bitter, and true. I grudgingly bought a copy on a raving recommendation from a friend, because I simply do not regularly buy books from authors I don't know. I was so impressed that I have now bought two more copies to give as gifts. There is not enough good to say about this book. I hope that eveyone can read this book and let it touch them like it has touched me.
Jen O
Apr 28, 2011 Jen O rated it it was amazing
Didn't see this one coming. I should read more about the books I'm ordering before I buy them. I was a little put off at first, but that faded fast. I absolutely loved it. It's not my style, but it's all my heart and mind.
S.K.
Mar 04, 2013 S.K. rated it it was amazing
I am the first to admit that I absolutely HATE poetry (hell im probably one of the fewer people who hate romeo and juliet) but i loved this collection. Dark, some erotic, and filled with angst (but not of the sparkly vampire variety). Definitely worth the read.
Carrieannejones
Apr 23, 2011 Carrieannejones rated it it was amazing
Poetry is cool, but it's not one of my favorite genres. Sharpe's poetry stands alone. It's raw, it's real, it's emotional, and it's deep, written from the heart.
Melinda
Apr 26, 2011 Melinda rated it it was amazing
There is a lot of emotion and just raw real life that shines through these poems. A good, if not always easy, read. A must for any poetry fan.
Dennis Sharpe
Apr 22, 2011 Dennis Sharpe rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Nikole Wright
Nikole Wright rated it it was amazing
Roger
Roger rated it really liked it
May 03, 2011
Matthew Curtis
Matthew Curtis rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Hunter"killer" Timmons
Hunter"killer" Timmons rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
Scarlett Sharpe
Scarlett Sharpe rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2012
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Pat O'Brien
Pat O'Brien rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2011
Jenny Kavalaugh
Jenny Kavalaugh rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Randall
Randall rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Hansen
Hansen rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Sass
Rebecca Sass rated it it was amazing
Steph Schmidt
Steph Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Karen Botezatu
Karen Botezatu rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2011
Garrett Quaid
Garrett Quaid rated it it was amazing
Karson Kelley
Karson Kelley rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2011
Chrissie
Chrissie rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2011
Jeff Gentry
Jeff Gentry rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2011
Spazz Mcjackley
Spazz Mcjackley rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Tom Botezatu
Tom Botezatu rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2011
Abbym
Abbym rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Roger W.
Roger W. rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Born and raised in the middle of the American Midwest, Dennis Sharpe has been a writer as long as he can remember. His mother has told many people about the fantasy and science fiction stories he'd write on scraps of paper, and staple together as his 'books', before he'd attended his first day of formal education.

He has spent many late nights at diners and dives, drinking coffee with a tattered no
More about Dennis Sharpe...

“Feelings don't go away, people do.” 13 likes
“It’s hard to remain objective, When you’ve sat awake so long, That you have no depth perception” 4 likes