Start by marking “Sleep Tight ” as Want to Read:

Sleep Tight

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,101 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Originally published by Penguin/NAL
Reissued by Belfry Press

Wake up, little darling. Do you like what you see?

He's looking for the perfect woman. Someone who won't disappoint him, like so many have before. Someone who'll love him. Someone who won't have to die for her mistakes. Give up, little darling. FBI agent Mary Cantrell has been called to Minneapolis to hunt down a k
Published September 24th 2010 (first published April 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Sleep Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep Tight

Matt Schiariti
I instantly became a fan of Anne Frasier's after reading the fantastic Hush, followed by Play Dead. Sleep Tight is another well written and fast paced thriller from an author who's starting to climb her way up to the top of my 'must read list'.

That being said, there were one or two things that kept it from getting a full five star rating.

Mary Cantrell is an FBI agent with a tortured past. She's called back to work a case in her native Minneapolis when women fitting a certain profile have been ab
I'm extremely conflicted about this book. On one hand, the front story, FBI agent returns to her hometown to assist in solving a crime while facing her own demons, is suspenseful and often riveting with it's breakneck twists and turns. On the other hand, the back-story, aforementioned personal demons and a little romance, seems a bit stunted. Although the characters are very well written, I think I would have enjoyed a bit more development on them - especially the relationship between Mary & ...more
Linda
I tell ya, it's an amazing world we live in. Used to be, when I was on the lookout for a new author, my resources consisted of the local librarian and maybe a friend or family member. If I was lucky I'd score a book or two from the suggestions. Now thanks to Al Gore and his Internet , all I have to do is rate a few books on Amazon or Goodreads and I'm given more suggestions than I know what to do with. I can even read a couple chapters of a book before I commit to it. It's the best card catalog ...more
Emilie
New-to-me author, and a random selection off my To Read list on Kindle. I started it yesterday afternoon and finished it this morning. Couldn't put it down, so that pretty much speaks for itself, no?

Great characterization (some minor quibbles--but you can't squeeze every single little detail into a story). I feel I got what I needed to know in order to empathize with the main characters. Ironically, I do feel that the main character, Mary, was the least defined. There is room for growth if the
Jenn
Gym Reading, aka free or cheap on the Kindle.

I don't read a lot of regular mystery/suspense. I generally like my mysteries to be cozy and full of kooky characters. So I'm not sure why I chose this one. But I did end up liking it pretty well. I didn't like that it was one where there was NO WAY you could figure out who the killer was. I did appreciate that we got closure on all the major things. I didn't particularly care for Mary all that much. Gillian was better, but I didn't really care for h
Rebecca Jo
SPOILERS!!!!!

I have to include spoilers to explain why I didnt care too much for this book.
So if you dont want to know - dont read...

Why this book rubs me the wrong way...
I'm being introduced to so many characters, each one, I'm trying to remember specific things - trying to find out who the man is that is capturing blonds & killing them.
Only to find out, the man? A person that is never mentioned until the last 15% of the book..really?
And then we hear a story of why he's so crazy... a story
Jenn
good character development and characters that weren't black and white on the morality scale. I thought a higher body count from the serial killer would have helped for reason to bring in the FBI, not just the profiling, because it would have given more opportunity to explore the killer's need for the grafting - only seeing it once and making it part of the profile seemed a weak link because it was an important part of his identity, creating these unique hybrids and working with roses. I thought ...more
Stacy
Amazing!

Kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end! I feel like I knew the characters and I'll be wondering about them tomorrow. This author is definitely going on the top of my favorites list.
Tracy Campbell
Great book! Full of suspense with good characters and great plot. I really enjoyed it and the minute I finished it, I immediately started searching for her other book "Hush." Love this genre and Frasier very much impressed me.
Ellen
Very creepy gave me the shivers. Mary Cantrell is an FBI agent who has to return to her home town as two women have been abducted and murdered and with Anthony Spence her partner they are going to investigate the killings. She never really wanted to ever return because of the horror she had to face when she was younger, finding the body of her best friend in the woods. It was a difficult book to put down as the characters were very well defined and they all had an edge. Excellent read.

Birgit Mayr
Enjoyable quick read. Not spectacular, but good enough that I'm putting other books by this author on my "to read" list. It's set in MN and I like all the local references.
Tawnya
This is the 2nd book in a sorta-series by this author. The books have character overlap but other than that could stand alone or be read out of order. I read the 1st book, Hush, awhile ago and I liked it. This book was good as well. I liked the storyline and the characters. It's the same kinda story I've been reading lately - someone is killing people and there are detectives hunting him down. The detectives personal stories factor in the story as well. So I would recommend this book. I should j ...more
Joyce
Surprisingly captivating. An FBI Agent goes 'back home' when a series of young women are murdered and left where they had been abducted. She is reluctant because she has a distant relationship with her sister, an MBA Agent, and will be forced to work closely with her. Their distance is caused by a murder when both were young where the one sister was convinced the boy convicted of the murder was guilty and the other was not and maintained a relationship with him throughout his incarceration. Lots ...more
Lesley
I enjoyed this book. This is a new authorfor me I will be checking out more of her books.
Bethany Lee
Better than the first!

Found another great author in Anne Fraiser, on to the next one. I hope she writes another Mary Cantrell book!
The Book Posh
Barbie
I am pretty enthralled with this book. FBI Agent Mary gets called to return to Minneapolis, her home state, to help solve the murders of 3, 17-year-old blond girls. Her estranged sister is also working in crime as a police office and assisting to solve this murder spree. We learn about the demons that each sister is dealing with which are very entwined in the case they are solving. Good character development. Never really sure who the murder is along the way. Nicely written and suspenseful. Want ...more
Janeice
This was very good, very suspenseful and it doesn't end the way you expect. I thought for sure I knew who did the murders and was very pleasantly surprised that I didn't have a clue until the very end. It is wrote very well and the very descriptive. I live in Minnesota and am familiar with some of the sights they talk about so I thought that was very cool also. I highly recommend this book as a very good mystery thriller, if you like suspense and murder stories you will love this one.
Shawna Hansen
Really enjoyed the two sisters' journey and watching them both learn how to deal with each other and live with each other in their lives. Nice development of the relationship between Mary and her partner. I would have liked to have seen more of him.

Lots of great characters, including the moms. Twists and surprises in every chapter. Plenty of love amidst a very scary story.

Couldn't put it down! Lots of vivid imagery (and some "wish it could be unseen" imagery).

Loved it!
Mitsy

This book makes me glad I'm not a blonde and relieved I don't have a sister. A rare novel that feels real and makes any sane female never want to leave the house. The villain is deeply twisted, weird, disturbed, evil and, yet, pathetic, smart, sad, and strangely, sometimes funny. Yes, the characters are so complex they can only be described as human. Which makes me either love it or wish I had never read it I'm so freaking out. There's almost too much.
Etty
Ini buku pertama Anne Frasier yang kubaca. Pelakunya beneran ga disangka banget karena ga ketauan sama sekali sampai akhirnya adik tokoh utama diculik! Tokoh2 yang dijadikan tersangka sejak awalnya (nama2 yg memiliki porsi cerita) sama sekali bikin nipu. Kisah romantis dlm buku ini tidak berperan penting sama sekali kayaknya jadinya kisah tokoh utama dengan partnernya gitu-gitu aja. Secara keseluruhan, menarik!
Kendra
I really enjoyed this crime thriller. The leading FBI agent is female and as she returns to her hometown to work on a case she also deals with long time memories of a best friend’s death. The story is a quick and easy read but intriguing and exciting. I didn’t want to put the book down. The book had a “Silence of the Lambs” feel to me, without all of the gore. I definitely recommend this one.
Linda Nelson
Strikingly Good!

This was the first suspense thriller I have read in quite some time. I found it enjoyable and hard to put down.
It was such a good tale, I can’t give you any spoilers; you will need to read this book yourself.
In the future, I plan on checking out more books by Anne Frasier (Author) and Theresa Weir (Author).
Michelle (meshe)
While I liked the main story and mystery, the secondary story left me a little disappointed. It was pretty important to the main story, but the wrap up felt forced and a little too shallow. I'll still be looking at my local library for more from Anne Frasier and hoping the next one will dig a little deeper to get it right.
J. Ewbank
This book by Anne Frasier was an enjoyable read. She is able to take a mystery and keep your interest throughout the novel. The characters are believable and interesting and the plot keeps you turning the pages. It is an enjoyable read.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Deidre
outstanding! not once did I think, "oh, that's the killer" or "how obvious". Frasier and Weir have crafted another compelling mystery/thriller. I think it's even better than their "Play Dead" and I loved that book. It kept my attention so well that I actually read it in one day.
Mary Mathews
This was a good mystery with family relationships woven in.
Maureen Rice
The book was just okay, a bit formulaic with seriously underdeveloped characters. While I usually like murder mysteries, I didn't really care about the characters and it was fairly clear early on that the two main suspects weren't guilty. Crappy police work too.
Melissa
It contained quite a few errors but was an enjoyable read so I'm giving it a pass. It was full of suspense and kept me engaged right to the very end. I usually expect Kindle freebies to just keep me entertained and pass the time...this one far exceeded my expectations!
Rikki
What a wonderful surprise.

I really liked all of the characters, to be honest with you. Even the crazy killing ones. I must say I was a little bit surprised by the ending and who really killed Fiona. I don't know why I didn't think about that before.
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • The Trouble With Green
  • Legwork
  • Revelations (Jane Perry #3)
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • Plain Jane: Brunettes Beware (Harbinger Mystery, #1)
  • The Devil's Hour (Laura Cardinal #3)
  • Innocent Monster (Moe Prager, #6)
  • The Friend Request
  • Asylum Lake
  • Untouchable
  • Suspicions: a novel of suspense
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery #1)
  • Double Exposure
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Penumbra
  • Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble, #1)
Hush Play Dead Pale Immortal (Pale Immortal, #1) Stay Dead Garden of Darkness (Pale Immortal, #2)