Start by marking “Happier than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience” as Want to Read:
Happier than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

Happier than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  508 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews

Life was meant to be happy. Do you belive that? It's true. I know it doesn't seem like it when you look around, but it's true.

Life was meant to be happy. You were meant to be happy. And if you are happy, you were meant to be happier. Even if you're very happy, you can be even happier.

How happy? Just how happy can you be? Well...you can be happier than God.

Published April 1st 2011 by Hay House, Inc. (first published February 14th 2008)

Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since The Secret aired on Oprah, there’s been a lot of talk about manifesting. Some people swear by it but others say it’s nothing more than positive thinking. Still others think the law of attraction encourages people to be even more materialist and greedy than they already are. The one question no one really wants to ask aloud is “where is God in all this?”

Happier Than God answers that question. Manifesting really isn’t about getting a brand new car or finding the perfect mate. It’s about crea
Elizabeth Credno
I suggest reading CWG books 1,2 & 3 before reading this unless you are not new to alternative/spiritual thinking. I applaud NDW for his strength in speaking his truth even though it was clear that he knew his opinions wouldn't be widely accepted. Bravo to Neale!
Magdelanye
Aug 03, 2015 Magdelanye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the older I get, the more I value happiness. As my cynicism is an ingrained part of me, the trick it seems is not to let that hold me hostage to the negative, but use it to bolster my activism rather than succumb to pessimism and despair. This is sometimes not easy, especially to detect. Perhaps this is why I love books and authors that cultivate mindfulness and give pointers not rules. DNW comes a bit close to being pedantic, with his rules for manifestation. He is just too laid back and encour ...more
Kathy Condon
Apr 11, 2011 Kathy Condon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that you can pick up and put down for each chapter is complete in itself. A friend had recommended it to me and I was not disappointed.

Neale Walsch takes us beyond the Law of Attraction or the Secret. While he agrees with them, he feels that we have not been told the whole story. This book points out why our thoughts and words are crucial to getting what we want in our lives.

Now that I have read it clear through, I frequently just pick it up and read the chapter that I happen to
Kara Lane
Aug 20, 2014 Kara Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say, the title of this book, "Happier than God," kind of threw me at first. But it was written by Neale Donald Walsch, and I really liked his Conversations with God books, so I thought I'd give the book a chance. I'm glad I did!

The points he makes are very good. He notes that what is missing from all the talk about the Law of Attraction (due to the success of The Secret) is God. He explains that some people have misinterpreted the Law to mean you should put all your faith in yourself -
Anni
Basically, this is a book explaining self creation. Giving all the information and correcting the misunderstandings people have about self creation. It also gives you 17 simple steps on how to be happier than God; smile, sing, have preferences instead of needs, don't judge yourself or others, don't live in the past and so on.
The book takes quite a lot of time beforing 'getting down to the point' (i.e. how to be happier than God), which at first I found annoying, but I see the sense in this. Fir
Vanessa Vinos
Dec 26, 2014 Vanessa Vinos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
A book I turn to whenever I need a "spiritual re-charge". It works every time.
Some chapters later in the book may get a little "woo-woo" for some, but it's the kind of book you have to keep re-reading and each time you will obtain something more. I wouldn't recommend this book if you are at the beginning of your spiritual journey or new to the law of attraction (it may be a little overwhelming ;-)
Kevin Summers
Sample quote: "Many people makes themselves unhappy simply by finding it impossible to accept life just as it is presenting itself right here, right now. ... Nothing works, nothing is good enough, fast enough, big enough. ... They cannot celebrate what is, but need, rather, to excoriate what is not. To celebrate or excoriate, that is the choice in every moment."
Kristy Anderson
Sep 11, 2015 Kristy Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel more enlightened

I have not read the law,of attraction but felt he really explained personal creation well I feel his books are a process of self understanding and the development of God consciousness I love the way he writes to the audience
Kenneth Jr.
Aug 07, 2015 Kenneth Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting perspective on the Law of Attraction

This book provides and interesting look at the law of attraction by letting you in on the "real secret". Easy read.
Susan
Mar 07, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a huge NDWalsch fan but Steve got this from the Library so there it was. The title made me curious. Some may think the title is a bit cockey but from his perspective we all have that of God in us and we can increase our happiness anytime. I don't love his writing style quite honestly yet I liked some of what he said in this book. For example the idea of anytime we desire, wish or pray for something-to do it for others and ourselves...not just ourselves. His 'new age' perspective challeng ...more
safak
Sep 07, 2014 safak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
buku yang bagus untuk yang merasa hidupnya biasa-biasa saja.
selamat membaca.
Pascale
Sep 05, 2014 Pascale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! So much stuff in this small book I'll have to read again in French :)

Great read!
Mitzi
Dec 03, 2014 Mitzi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This is a quick read - it's basically NDW's take on attraction/manifesting/etc. He has a bit of a different view on it, it was definitely worth the read, but overall not a lot I hadn't seen before...
Kym Murphy
Aug 01, 2015 Kym Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Neale's books; they always carry a strong message described in a way for all to understand :)
Jan 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title is a bit unfortunate, though the author explains himself. It has a lot of padding and I didn't always like the style, but the fact is that I found it helpful. I've been working on parts of his concepts for a while and liked some of the connections he made. A worthy read. I hadn't read any of his previous works, but had no trouble understanding him.
Greg Hurd
This book, by the author of Conversations with God, has a lot of great insights and quality to it but it gets bogged down when he seems to just be writing whatever comes out of his head.
Dulcinea Contreras
"Anything is possible! Neale's book offers humans the grounded tool sets, including seventeen steps to optimize happiness, to utilize their inherently divine manifestation abilities, thereby producing fulfillment, joy, and a life that is, "Happier Than God," while on earth. How valuable!"
Joella
Aug 09, 2011 Joella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finally a book that states how God really is and now how the word has been misused by religion throughout history and still widley today! like the book states, i attracted it in some way and it arrived in my life at the right time, thank you Neale for writing such an amazing book!
Jahnene
Jun 06, 2008 Jahnene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic explanation of the spirituality behind the LOA and the evolution of humanity that we are currently witnessing. Beautifully written, clear, and thorough - by far one of the most powerful and enjoyable books I've ever read.
Nate
Jun 20, 2008 Nate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the world. for sure.
Recommended to Nate by: Neale Donald Walsch (fo seriously)
Pretty much "all the gems" from all the conversation books plus some new perspectives. Neale sounds like he's been taking the advice given to him in his previous writings. Now he shares the fruits of his experience.
Zoe
Sep 08, 2010 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll absorb any and every Law of Attraction text I can get my hands on, and I'm particularly partial to any NDW book, i.e. one based on the CWG messages, so this one was a no-brainer. Bought it for repeated reference.
Ella Roberts
A friend turned up in my life reading this book, and the joy I saw on her face when she talked about it made me think "I want some of that!!!", so I went out and bought it and I absolutely loved it!
Marjorie
Sep 10, 2009 Marjorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot, it gave some great techniques, and tips. I think it answered some basic questions that many of us have. And it gave me some tips to use in my work. I would recommend it.
Deb
Dec 19, 2008 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God is not a separate entity, but, rather, within us. As a result, "We" create our reality, and, therefore, can choose to create a positive, happy, "One With God" existence.
Antoinette Marion
Feb 25, 2012 Antoinette Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Walsh has a unique way of relaying what was conveyed to him about our state of "happiness." Most of what he says makes total sense. Uplifting, interesting and helpful.
Carrol Bailey
I am enjoying this book. The author is one of the people from The Secret. I am having a hard time grasping the some of the thoughts behing the theory.
Neha
Nov 02, 2012 Neha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-wish-list
Explains what The Secret (by Rhonda Byne) left out and explains the Law of Attraction in detail.
Andrea Lewis
A good read, very insightful. The chapters were short. His writing style mainly conversational.
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Angel Numbers
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • The Mystical Life of Jesus: An Uncommon Perspective on the Life of Christ
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int ...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch...