Start by marking “Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)” as Want to Read:
Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)

Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery #9)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  3,078 Ratings  ·  219 Reviews
Abigail Cooper makes a living as a psychic, using her vision to stop others from making a killing on murder. Now, as the FBI’s newest Civilian Profiler, she can add something else to her resume—spy.

FROM PSYCHIC EYE TO PSYCHIC SPY

The CIA and Air Force need Abby Cooper’s help. The military has developed a software surveillance system able to lock onto any individual’s un
Published (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Vision Impossible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision Impossible

Karen
Jul 10, 2011 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved all of Victoria Laurie's books. Up to this one.

For me, when Abby and Dutch moved from Michigan to Austin, the series lost its spark. Now, it seems like the last two books are FBI stories with Abby and Dutch with a little bit of psychic thrown in.

I miss the funny misadventures of Abby in her world before Dutch became so heavily involved. I realize characters do change and move on but at the end of the last two books, someone has always been gravely injured and it's kind of Debbie Do
Paige
Jul 19, 2011 Paige rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed the Abby Cooper series. Each of the books in the series has had some exciting and light-hearted adventures. Unfortunately this book did not have the same recipe as the others and fell off the wagon.

From the beginning, the story seemed contrived, formulated, and juvenile. The ending was too predictable. I figured it within the first few chapters. And no, I’m not the type of person who easily figures out the resolution to mysteries.

The story seemed contrived—flat out fake. I
Graylark
May 29, 2015 Graylark rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one was annoying. The whole series tends towards light and a bit silly, I get that. But the plot and everything that happened here was beyond absurd and encroached on stupidity.

Going into deep cover as a spy using a wig that falls off instead of dying your hair? Randomly switching the cover about three times during the mission? Bringing important mission files and just leaving them lying about in the room for any intruder or visitor to spot? Making it a Juliet must save Romeo quest instead
Myhotstylist
Jul 25, 2011 Myhotstylist rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a HUGE dissapointment. Ive been following Abby for quite some time now, and this book just felt off... almost like it was a different writer using Abby and Dutch as their characters. I didnt even make it to 100 pages before I finally put the book down. I wasnt crazy about all the spy mumbo-jumbo and the russian names. There was just too much information shoved in my face in the beginning, it was hard to keep up.

Im not sure what the deal is when series go from paperback into hardcover but I
Nancy
Aug 19, 2011 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I have to commend Ms Laurie for the ending of this book -I did not see it coming. Most cozies (I think this book is a cozy, but her writing style is starting to change) writers follow a conventional plan and lead you down a rosy path to a predictable ending where all the loose ends are tied up and they all live happily ever after. This one, on the other hand, has a nice twist at the end that has you wondering, “what did I miss”. Loved that.

Following up where the last one ended, Abby is n
Sally
Mar 01, 2012 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the ninth book in the Psychic Eye series with Abby Cooper, psychic intuitive.

This time, Abby gets herself deep in the action and danger by accepting an assignment for the CIA alongside her FBI boyfriend, Dutch Rivers. Abby and Dutch are asked to retrieve a top-secret weapon that has been stolen from the US government. Other agents sent in to recover it have been killed, so Abby knows this won't be easy. They have to rub elbows with some of the most seedy kingpins in the underworld and pl
Meg
Jul 12, 2011 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves paranormal romances/urban fantasy or just a good mystery/action book.
Recommended to Meg by: I fell in love with her other series and had to read this one.
This book was amazing! I literally sat down to read it and stayed up until 3:00 am finishing it. I love that even though things were a bit different, they were still very much the same. While some of the characters are slightly absent from this book, it's clear they will be returning and Victoria Laurie is just setting Abby up for a slightly different track than she started off with in Book 1. I normally am not a fan of things lining up "just so" but this book did it nicely. I'm trying to avoid ...more
Stewie's Mom
I've read all the books in this series, including this latest book. I have to give it a 2 star rating because I didn't really enjoy it very much. The series started off really well, but I've lost interest in Abby and Dutch. This latest book barely kept my interest, making it very difficult to finish. I stopped enjoying the series as soon as Abby and Dutch moved to Texas. I miss Dave the handyman. I miss her independence and spunk. I can't say I'd pick up another one in this series.
Stephanie
Jun 26, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VISION IMPOSSIBLE
Victoria Laurie

Kindle Edition: 453 KB
Publisher: NAL (July 5, 2011)
Sold by: Penguin Publishing
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: New American Library; 1st edition (July 5, 2011)
Book provided by Publicist for eading and possible review.
No remuneration was exchanged and all thought are my own unless otherwise noted.
Read 6/13-14

No ick and refreshingly little cliché.

Please enter the giveaway at the end of the review and author bio.

Product Description
Abby Cooper's next mission may trul
Mar 11, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always so unsure how and if I should review a book this far into a series. But since I haven't reviewed any of the other ones in the series, I figure I'll go ahead and try to give a rather light review and overview of the whole series. I picked up the first book in the series because I loved the idea of a psychic solving mysteries. I love my paranormal and I do love a good mystery with romance. This series has all that and is really fun and light. I always have a good laugh and enjoy myself. ...more
Tracy Fleming-Swehla
I've really enjoyed the misadventures of Abby and her relationships with her spiritual guides. But I really had a hard time liking this story. There were points where I just wanted to roll my eyes. Seriously? ...a civilian, untrained, inexperienced, new to crime-fighting psychic is leading an international CIA mission, and the CIA is taking her advice...not just for ESP clues but actual guidance in a mission? I felt foolish reading parts of this book -- even went as far as to hide the book while ...more
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jan 14, 2011 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Love Abby and Dutch. The plot was full of spying and spies. I hope it doesn't stay like that though. I like that genre but not with these characters.
Christine L
Mar 02, 2017 Christine L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE THIS SERIES! While this was definitely my least favorite of the nine I've read so far, I STILL give it 4 stars...okay like, 3.75 but...I'm so glad that there are still several more to read in this series. BETTER than the Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plumb) series.
Brooke Baker
Feb 14, 2017 Brooke Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's quite an accomplishment to be on book 9 of a series and still be able to breathe fresh life into it, but Victoria Laurie has definitely done that with this installment! Her Psychic Eye books are always an engaging, entertaining read, but she's upped the ante with this addition to the series.
Jackson
Mar 19, 2017 Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although not every part fit together correctly, it was a fun read with lots of twists and turns. Candy:yum.
Tracy
Oct 28, 2016 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my favorite of the series so far.
Regan
Oct 01, 2016 Regan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure what happened with this one because every other book in the series was a fantastic reads.
Stephanie
There's a point in the story where Abby reflects that three years ago, before meeting Dutch, she was just this simple little psychic in Michigan doing her small town thing. Now look where she is. Indeed. This book is Victoria Laurie's attempt at the spy-chic genre. We've got super secret government drones being stolen, rakishly handsome criminals, stereotypically big bad criminals, and more secret covers than you can shake a stick at.

I usually read these Abby Cooper books right when they come o
Kim Bishop
Nov 08, 2014 Kim Bishop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Cooper goes International baby! Joining the CIA along with Dutch in a secret undercover mission, Abby gets in way over her head with this job ;) Abby has no idea what the CIA will be asking her to do until she's knee deep in it! With Abby being such a horrible liar, weak stomach for violence, and an overly sensitive psyche, it's pretty comical that she accepted the mission at all!

Dutch and Abby are whisked off to get briefed and trained by the CIA for this mission. They are to retrieve the
Jul 30, 2014 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What Is It About:
A military drone has been stolen from the US government but it's a special drone that can sense people's auras. It can be set an assassination target from their aura and shoots a small poisonous dart that kills people in minutes. Abby and Dutch are put on the mission to retrieve it from arms dealers in Canada but the perpetrator sets their sights on Abby as a target.

What I Liked and Didn't:
Plot-wise, the mystery was set up well with a mix of twists that you can see coming and tw
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Despite Victoria Laurie's Psychic Eye Mystery switching over to hardback, I still had to get myself a copy. Luckily it was in plenty of time before Borders made their statement about closing forever (sob)!

Vision Impossible brings Abby deeper into the investigative side of her mystery solving. Hard to think it's only been 3 years time for Abby since she met Dutch back in book 1. This series has really gone far. It might be considered one of the series that doesn't move forward a whole lot, it's a
Barbara
Sep 10, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was enjoying this series so much; I almost bought this book so I could continue reading the series. I was having trouble getting this book from the library, which was how I was catching up on the series. A not so positive review stopped me. Even after reading the book, I’m not sure if that was good or bad.

I did enjoy the book. However, the review was right in one sense – it is just another spy story. I did like the series more in the previous books, which had Abby (the psychic “eye”) helping h
Lucinda Rose
Oct 30, 2011 Lucinda Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Misericordia ❣
I loved it!!! It was increadibly, believably, expectedly good!!! It has turned out to be by far more fantabulous than I even expected it to be and I expected all the best!!!
I'm doing a happy dance right now (mentally) about this installment and am congratulating myself that I managed to keep myself from reading book # 9 before book # 10 was out. Now I am devoted to reading both in a row and it is likely to make my day (and night:)!

Some people were talking about disliking the fact that Abby was
Mary
Dec 20, 2016 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was just too far fetched for me.
Fred
May 03, 2012 Fred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vision Impossible is the ninth book in the A Psychic Eye Mystery series.

Abby and Dutch go undercover in the latest book in this series. The government has designed a drone that lock on any to any one's aura and it has gone missing. The CIA and air force have enlisted the help of Abby and fiancee, Dutch Rivers. A well known weapons dealer is being held in Israel and Dutch Rivers has assumed his identity and Abby will assume of the role of his girl friend,well of course she will. Government intell
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This novel was quite different from the rest in the series, in that this episode was filled with action packed scenes, had a thriller sense about it, and some pretty intense scenes throughout the storyline.

Our resident psychic, Abby Cooper is recruited with her F.B.I papered fiance, Dutch Rivers to aid a covert mission for the C.I.A. Abby overcomes her initial queasiness over the mission and, in a mere week, is great shot, point-woman, and is prepped to go under-cover with Dutch.

I had a problem
Sarai
I would have given this one a 3.5.

I was a little disappointed in this venture. One of the main reasons was the plot premise - trying to recapture from spies a hovering machine that can see people's auras. It was not believable to me and I'm sorry if they actually just invented one but it still sounds like sci-fi. I was also able to figure out whodunit fairly easily. I realize it would be difficult to write a psychic character who does not recognize that she is being fooled by the bad guys, but t
Madison Mega-Mara...: Vision Impossible 1 2 Jun 16, 2012 01:47PM
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Skirting The Grave (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #4)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
  • A Hard Day's Fright (Pepper Martin #7)
  • Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Dead Deb (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 30 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium
More about Victoria Laurie...

Psychic Eye Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • Lethal Outlook (Psychic Eye Mystery, #10)