Start by marking “Wagamama Cookbook and DVD” as Want to Read:
Wagamama Cookbook and DVD

Wagamama Cookbook and DVD

Some excellent recipes in this cookery book and DVD (inside front cover) from the popular noodle restaurant chain.
Published September 22nd 2005 by Kyle Cathie

To ask other readers questions about Wagamama Cookbook and DVD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wagamama Cookbook and DVD

Dominika
May 29, 2017 Dominika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently Wagamama is a chain restaurant similar to PF Changs but specializing in Japanese-style food. I got this book at a yard sale and have never been to the aforementioned establishment, but I enjoy some tasty cultural appropriation to a moderate extent (I also have like 3 other authentic Japanese cookbooks). I mean, this book is great for what it is. I don't bother buying dumpling sauce because I can just make it myself using the recipe in this book. The recipes are tasty, if not entirely ...more
Andrea
Jan 11, 2017 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while I go through phases of using specific cookbooks. I rediscovered this one in my cupboard, and was really glad I did. Although some of the ingredients are more eclectic, the recipes turn out generally really well, and I can imagine recreating dishes at "Noodle Box". Some of the recipes taste quite salty, so I adjust the seasoning.
Julie H.
Dec 25, 2012 Julie H. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook-cooking
I've now perused The Wagamama Cookbook from cover to cover, digesting its advice and guidance, and selecting the first several items that I'll conquer in the coming week to 10 days. The gist of the book is introducing interested readers and cooks who may or may not be familiar with the restaurants of the same name to what is essentially "the way of the noodle" (think the Tao of noodles, you Tao of Pooh fans out there). What I most appreciate, however, is the non-partronizing, non-preachy and all ...more
Tara
Jul 02, 2010 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I miss all the Wagamama outlets in London, but this cookbook is the next best thing. Recipes are straightforward (and so far have been successful for me), although some that require lots of sauces can be time-consuming. Fun to see all the pictures of familiar favorites (chicken chili men, katsu, amai udon) and to dream about making them.
Rayan Phillips
Dec 01, 2012 Rayan Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook. I cook from it all the time. I think what I like the most about it is that there are always different and exciting things to try on the next page over, and even though some of the recipes are tough, it's fun having a go. It also has a range of recipes; ramen, noodles, rice, sides, fish, salads, juices... it really shows the variety that Japanese cuisine has to offer.
Angelique
Jul 06, 2009 Angelique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first cookbook from one of my favorite (albeit cheesy) restaurants in the UK. I love the concept of Wagamama as much as I love the food. I was thrilled to pick this up a few years ago, but regrettably, I don't cook from it often. When I do, however, the dishes are almost as good as they are in the restaurants.
Jul 31, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes asian noodles
We found this restaurant when were in London a few years ago. We loved the atmosphere of family dining and the yummy noodles. A few weeks ago my husband was in Boston and found that they had opened one in the U.S. He bought me the cookbook. I have made a couple of the dishes and they are delicious!
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, foodie
I appreciate the accessible recipes for ramen~something that seems more complicated the more I search for it!
Rere
Dec 21, 2010 Rere marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook-baking
Love it from the very beginning to the end. Easy recipes, zero fuss!
Kari
Jul 10, 2011 Kari rated it really liked it
Lots of yummy things to try and straight-forward recipes so it's stress free!
Charlotte
Feb 29, 2012 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookery-books
There's a few recipes in here that you'll probably never every try - they're not all easy - but the instructions are easy to follow and the flavours are delicious. A must for all oriental food lovers
Alexis
May 16, 2009 Alexis added it
Wagamama Cookbook and DVD by Hugo Arnold (2005)
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2011
Umita
Umita rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2012
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2017
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Idella
Idella rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Zander
Zander rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Sandrine
Sandrine rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Emelia
Emelia rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Janina
Janina rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2011
Jose Kilbride
Jose Kilbride rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2010
Katy B
Katy B rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Levi
Levi rated it it was ok
May 17, 2017
Iain Sinclair
Iain Sinclair rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Iona Izat
Iona Izat rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Anna Louise Walker
Anna Louise Walker rated it really liked it
May 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Chinese Food Made Easy
  • Gordon Ramsay's Sunday Lunch: And Other Recipes from the F Word
  • Jamie Does...
  • Delia's How to Cook: Book Two (Delia's How to Cook #2)
  • Harumi's Japanese Cooking: More than 75 Authentic and Contemporary Recipes from Japan's Most Popular Cooking Expert
  • Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey: 150 New Recipes Evoking the Flavours of the Far East
  • The Hairy Bikers' Perfect Pies
  • The Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets
  • The River Cottage Family Cookbook
  • Flatbreads  Flavors
  • Maggie's Harvest
  • Moro: The Cookbook
  • Thai Food
  • Raw
  • Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook (Revised)
  • A Taste of India