Start by marking “100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories” as Want to Read:

* Misapprehensions • shortstory by Don D'Ammassa
* The Law • shortstory by Hugh B. Cave
* Year's Turning • shortstory by Conni
Published January 1st 1995 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories

Alissa Bach
A collection of tasty little bite-sized stories about vampires and vampire lore (none more than 5 pages long).

Of course some of the stories feature your stereotypical cape-wearing, bat-transforming, "I vant to suck your blood" sort of vampire. *Yawn* (so overdone).

Others are not so typical: A rose bush that has what can only be described as a fatal attraction to the old man who cares for her... A high school student who drains the essense from books instead of her fellow classmates... A scarec
Kelly
This is just a little impulse buy I picked up many years ago at B&N but it has turned out to be one of my favorite books/compilations. I love me some vampire lore. And even though all the stories are not the most excellent writings ever, the compilation makes it fascinating. It's an opportunity to get all these different interpretations of blood suckers, from traditional to far out, all in one place.
Julie H.
Fun little collection when you're looking for something light.
dejah_thoris
I almost hate to confess that re-reading this anthology from my high-school days has me wanting to keep it instead of donate it but there's quite a range of stories depicted. Written before the sparkly vampire silliness of Twilight, this is a solid collection of vampire stories reflecting various concerns of the 1990s, especially AIDS and the rise of technology. Two stories librarians will love are "And By a Word, Immortal" by Kreighbaum and "Paying the Fine" by Morgan though the library monitor ...more
Kathryn
Thank freaking goodness this book is finished! I was going to review every individual story, but that would just be a pain in the butt, and I would have taken even longer to read it that I already did.

It didn't take me so long to read this book because it was particularly difficult or anything. On the contrary, these stories were rather simple to read and to understand. It took me so long because the vast majority of the stories in this compilation were rather... terrible... or uninteresting.

Som
Tatjana
Feb 25, 2010 Tatjana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who despise Twilight and its clones.
Recommended to Tatjana by: Stumbled upon.
I am savouring this book.
The short stories, for the most part, are delicious. They are especially scrumptious in this period of literature when a vampire is injected into any plot to make a book sell. Released 15 years ago, this book has stories from largely unknown authors. The stories range from clever to hysterically funny, but never range into sparkly, romantic or ho-hum vampires.
It was coming off of the successes on Anne Rice rather than the thinly veiled harlequin romances (with guns) pep
Steve Goble
I have not actually finished this, but I have read enough to make a few notes. This book contains a hundred short vampire stories, and I read a few every Halloween season. Like any anthology, it is a mixed bag. Some tales are intended to frighten, a few make you laugh and there are too many Dracula riffs, but it is fun stuff and the stories are short, requiring no great time investment.

Includes tales by Manly Wade Wellman, Karl Edward Wagner, Ramsey Campbell, Norman Partridge and more.
Andrea
This book is perfect for campouts or sleepovers where your telling scary stories. None of the stories are long but most of then were fantastic. It didn't get a higher rating because I simlpy don't have high opions of short stories, I like my plots to be long and interesting. Pick it up and let your kids use it next time they have friends over as I loved nothing better than sitting by the light of candles with my friends trying to scare each other with stories such as these.
Pyxipyro
I liked it. Some of the stories were intersting, funny and cute. Nothing that will scare you enough to keep you up all night, but enough to keep you interested. Since there are a lot of short stories you can pick it up and stop anytime without feeling compelled to read it through, even though you may want to anyway.
Nora Peevy
This collection of short stories is one you can really sink your fangs into -- pun intended. It's meaty! There are 100 shorts to choose from and some creative spins on the vampire theme. Recommended for serious vampire readers and not-so-serious as well.

Check back later for a link to a detailed review on my blog.
Molina
Good short stories about vampires. I picked this out of my bookshelf the other day. I am not too sure who it belongs to but I can tell you that I will not be reading it in the dark anymore!
Lindsey Faye
I like reading short stories, so this collection of them about vampires was a very interesting read. Some stories were really confusing while I liked some of the others. A very nice read.
Mark
Mostly good short stories with a few clunkers and the classic "The Devil Is not Mocked." Some great surprises await the reader
Liz Ludens
it was good. it's a bunch of short stories most are 'take it or leave it' for me, but soem were actually pretty good.
Lamprini
100 i wouldn't say vicious vampire stories, but extremely entertaining.I totally loved it.
Toy
this is going to be my bedtime story book. so far the first short story was really good (11/12)
Tina
a groovy mix of spooky and a tid bit of silly.
Shaquanna
My favorite was the tale about the Priest
Brett
Anthology,Horror
Leann Francis
Leann Francis marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Brigitte McKenna
Brigitte McKenna marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Katrina Gudgeon
Katrina Gudgeon marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Brianna Dyson
Brianna Dyson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Livanna
Livanna marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Gnomepartay
Gnomepartay marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
This crappy book 1 10 Aug 22, 2009 01:22PM
  • 100 Hair-Raising Little Horror Stories
  • 100 Malicious Little Mysteries
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • The Penguin Book of Vampire Stories
  • The Vampire Archives
  • Bloodwood (Chronicles of Max Mayhem, #1)
  • The End of the Line: An Anthology of Underground Horror
  • Blood and Other Cravings: Original Stories of Vampires and Vampirism by Today's Greatest Writers of Dark Fiction
  • Three Gothic Novels: The Castle of Otranto, Vathek, The Vampyre, and a Fragment of a Novel
  • Vampyres: Lord Byron to Count Dracula
  • The Book of All Flesh
  • Shock Rock, Volume I
  • Vampires in Love
  • Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices
  • Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense
  • Alien Contact
  • The Ultimate Dracula: New Stories by Some of the World's Leading Authors
Martin Harry Greenberg was an American academic and speculative fiction anthologist. In all, he compiled 1,298 anthologies and commissioned over 8,200 original short stories. He founded Tekno Books, a packager of more than 2000 published books. In addition, he was a co-founder of the Sci-Fi Channel.
More about Martin H. Greenberg...
The Dean Koontz Companion Murder in Baker Street: New Tales of Sherlock Holmes Foundation's Friends Sherlock Holmes in America The Further Adventures of Batman