Start by marking “100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories” as Want to Read:

* Misapprehensions • shortstory by Don D'Ammassa
* The Law • shortstory by Hugh B. Cave
* Year's Turning • shortstory by Conni
Published January 1st 1995 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories

Alissa Bach
Jul 13, 2009 Alissa Bach rated it really liked it
Shelves: gothic, scary
A collection of tasty little bite-sized stories about vampires and vampire lore (none more than 5 pages long).

Of course some of the stories feature your stereotypical cape-wearing, bat-transforming, "I vant to suck your blood" sort of vampire. *Yawn* (so overdone).

Others are not so typical: A rose bush that has what can only be described as a fatal attraction to the old man who cares for her... A high school student who drains the essense from books instead of her fellow classmates... A scarec
Kelly
Jul 04, 2008 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is just a little impulse buy I picked up many years ago at B&N but it has turned out to be one of my favorite books/compilations. I love me some vampire lore. And even though all the stories are not the most excellent writings ever, the compilation makes it fascinating. It's an opportunity to get all these different interpretations of blood suckers, from traditional to far out, all in one place.
Julie H.
Jun 09, 2009 Julie H. rated it liked it
Fun little collection when you're looking for something light.
dejah_thoris
May 23, 2013 dejah_thoris rated it liked it
I almost hate to confess that re-reading this anthology from my high-school days has me wanting to keep it instead of donate it but there's quite a range of stories depicted. Written before the sparkly vampire silliness of Twilight, this is a solid collection of vampire stories reflecting various concerns of the 1990s, especially AIDS and the rise of technology. Two stories librarians will love are "And By a Word, Immortal" by Kreighbaum and "Paying the Fine" by Morgan though the library monitor ...more
Kathryn
Aug 21, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was ok
Thank freaking goodness this book is finished! I was going to review every individual story, but that would just be a pain in the butt, and I would have taken even longer to read it that I already did.

It didn't take me so long to read this book because it was particularly difficult or anything. On the contrary, these stories were rather simple to read and to understand. It took me so long because the vast majority of the stories in this compilation were rather... terrible... or uninteresting.

Som
Tatjana
Feb 25, 2010 Tatjana rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who despise Twilight and its clones.
Recommended to Tatjana by: Stumbled upon.
I am savouring this book.
The short stories, for the most part, are delicious. They are especially scrumptious in this period of literature when a vampire is injected into any plot to make a book sell. Released 15 years ago, this book has stories from largely unknown authors. The stories range from clever to hysterically funny, but never range into sparkly, romantic or ho-hum vampires.
It was coming off of the successes on Anne Rice rather than the thinly veiled harlequin romances (with guns) pep
Carolyn
Jan 22, 2016 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good anthology for those who like non-traditional vampire stories.
Steve Goble
Nov 03, 2012 Steve Goble rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I have not actually finished this, but I have read enough to make a few notes. This book contains a hundred short vampire stories, and I read a few every Halloween season. Like any anthology, it is a mixed bag. Some tales are intended to frighten, a few make you laugh and there are too many Dracula riffs, but it is fun stuff and the stories are short, requiring no great time investment.

Includes tales by Manly Wade Wellman, Karl Edward Wagner, Ramsey Campbell, Norman Partridge and more.
Andrea
Nov 09, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
This book is perfect for campouts or sleepovers where your telling scary stories. None of the stories are long but most of then were fantastic. It didn't get a higher rating because I simlpy don't have high opions of short stories, I like my plots to be long and interesting. Pick it up and let your kids use it next time they have friends over as I loved nothing better than sitting by the light of candles with my friends trying to scare each other with stories such as these.
Pyxipyro
Sep 07, 2011 Pyxipyro rated it liked it
I liked it. Some of the stories were intersting, funny and cute. Nothing that will scare you enough to keep you up all night, but enough to keep you interested. Since there are a lot of short stories you can pick it up and stop anytime without feeling compelled to read it through, even though you may want to anyway.
Nora Peevy
Jul 28, 2011 Nora Peevy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of short stories is one you can really sink your fangs into -- pun intended. It's meaty! There are 100 shorts to choose from and some creative spins on the vampire theme. Recommended for serious vampire readers and not-so-serious as well.

Check back later for a link to a detailed review on my blog.
Molina
Nov 18, 2008 Molina rated it liked it
Good short stories about vampires. I picked this out of my bookshelf the other day. I am not too sure who it belongs to but I can tell you that I will not be reading it in the dark anymore!
Lindsey Faye
I like reading short stories, so this collection of them about vampires was a very interesting read. Some stories were really confusing while I liked some of the others. A very nice read.
Leyla
Aug 14, 2016 Leyla rated it really liked it
Mark
Jul 31, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it
Mostly good short stories with a few clunkers and the classic "The Devil Is not Mocked." Some great surprises await the reader
Liz Ludens
it was good. it's a bunch of short stories most are 'take it or leave it' for me, but soem were actually pretty good.
Lamprini
Sep 14, 2014 Lamprini rated it really liked it
100 i wouldn't say vicious vampire stories, but extremely entertaining.I totally loved it.
Toy
Sep 25, 2008 Toy rated it liked it
this is going to be my bedtime story book. so far the first short story was really good (11/12)
Tina
Aug 24, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing
a groovy mix of spooky and a tid bit of silly.
Shaquanna
Aug 06, 2012 Shaquanna rated it it was amazing
My favorite was the tale about the Priest
Brett
Anthology,Horror
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Laura Marcus
Laura Marcus marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Mark Watson
Mark Watson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Chocoholic Kindleworm
Chocoholic Kindleworm marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
James Turner
James Turner marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Bathory Spells
Bathory Spells rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Brian Gomez
Brian Gomez rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Jonathan Kruger
Jonathan Kruger marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
This crappy book 1 10 Aug 22, 2009 01:22PM
  • 100 Hair-Raising Little Horror Stories
  • 100 Malicious Little Mysteries
  • Under the Fang (The Horror Writers of America)
  • Mistresses Of the Dark: 25 Macabre Tales By Master Storytellers
  • The Mammoth Book of Monsters
  • The End of the Line: An Anthology of Underground Horror
  • The Penguin Book of Vampire Stories
  • Vampyres: Lord Byron to Count Dracula
  • Slow Hand: Women Writing Erotica
  • The Vampire Archives
  • Three Gothic Novels: The Castle of Otranto, Vathek, The Vampyre, and a Fragment of a Novel
  • Blood and Other Cravings: Original Stories of Vampires and Vampirism by Today's Greatest Writers of Dark Fiction
  • Bloodwood (Chronicles of Max Mayhem, #1)
  • Shock Rock, Volume I
  • The Book of All Flesh
  • Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Steampunk Prime: A Vintage Steampunk Reader
Martin Harry Greenberg was an American academic and speculative fiction anthologist. In all, he compiled 1,298 anthologies and commissioned over 8,200 original short stories. He founded Tekno Books, a packager of more than 2000 published books. In addition, he was a co-founder of the Sci-Fi Channel.
More about Martin H. Greenberg...