Start by marking “God Has a Plan for Your Life: The Discovery That Makes All the Difference” as Want to Read:
God Has a Plan for Your Life: The Discovery That Makes All the Difference

God Has a Plan for Your Life: The Discovery That Makes All the Difference

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  7 reviews
While you may not understand all the twists and turns of life, you can be sure of one thing: the same God who created you, loves you. God s personal promise to you is one of extreme hope and potential (Jeremiah 29:11). He also has an awesome strategy for your future. No matter what failure you have experienced in the past, you can learn how to make right choices at every j ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about God Has a Plan for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Has a Plan for Your Life

Dana
A great book that reminds you that God has a plan for your life! One of the best reminders in the book is that "God speaks to us primarily through His Word." So, we need to read it!

Some verses quoted on page 141...
"I know the plans I have for you." Jeremiah 29:11
"I have inscribed your name on the palms of My hand." Isaiah 49:16
"Nothing can separate you from My love." Romans 8:35
"My love casts out fear." 1 John 4:18
"I will never leave you." John 14:18
"My thoughts of you are too numerous to count.
Johnvano
The book is a short, simple reminder that God cares for His children and has plans for us that reach beyond what we can see. It's a nice encouragement for the valleys of life.

Some of the best quotes from within:

"We don't walk spiritually by electric light but by a hand lantern. And a lantern only shows the next step - not several ahead." - Amy Carmichael

"Peace is God's umpire. When we have a true sense of peace within, then we know that what we are doing is right in the center of His will." - Ch
Brent Soderstrum
I like Charles Stanley as an author but this book just didn't meet his normal standards. The ultimate question is What is God's plan for my life? This book provided the standard responses I have seen in most of the other books out there and didn't offer anything new. Immerse yourself in God's word, pray for guidance, listen to others etc. It is a quick read and a good reminder of what is out there already.
Larisha
This book offers concrete opportunities to examine your life and the book offers ways in which the reader can connect with God's plan and purpose for one's life.

It differs from the Purpose Driven Life yet gives much of the same information. I personally prefer the style of writing in this book over the former in forcing introspection and meditation on specific points.
Ana Moreno brandes
Easy read without a lot of fluff, right to the heart of things. Inspirational writing but also practical an thought provoking.
Angela
A much simpler, and easier read than "Purpose Driven Life."
Debra Garrison
Debra Garrison marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Terrell Prested
Terrell Prested marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Charlie Hogue
Charlie Hogue marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Kathryn Wilkerson
Kathryn Wilkerson is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2015
Ann Broene
Ann Broene marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Lydia
Lydia is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2015
Tabitha White
Tabitha White is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2015
Angie
Angie is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
Robin
Robin added it
Feb 15, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • Be Still
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • War in Heaven: God's Epic Battle with Evil
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • Secret Power
  • He Did This Just For You
  • Moses - Steps to a Life of Faith
  • All about Jesus: The Single Story from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
  • Finding God When You Need Him Most
  • What Is a Family?
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • The Work of Christ: What the Events of Jesus' Life Mean for You
  • Saved Without a Doubt
  • Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following Jesus at All?
  • God Built: Forged by God ... in the Bad and Good of Life
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • The Burden Bearer: Who’s Carrying Your Load?
  • Invitation to the Jesus Life: Experiments in Christlikeness
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource

“God knows exactly where you are at this very minute, and He understands your every struggle (Ps. 46:1). He is the one who has all the answers you need, and each one is found within His Word. He may not like where your life is right now, but He is not going to abandon you (John 14:18). If you will trust Him, He will begin to work in your life. Then you will see His plan and will for your life unfold in a mighty way. This is His promise to each one of us.” 1 likes
“Obedience always is the first step to discovering God’s plan for your life.” 0 likes