Start by marking “The Sheriff's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff's Daughter

The Sheriff's Daughter (North Star, Montana #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  14 reviews
They must obey the laws…of attraction!

Deputy Liam McKenna is dreading the next two weeks. His assignment: watching over the sheriff’s daughter, Carly Taggert. Liam has known Carly—and her knack for getting into trouble—since high school. With her kind heart and optimistic nature, she never intends that trouble, but it sure is attracted to her. He expects to be kept on his
Published September 6th 2011 by Harlequin (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff's Daughter

Jae
I had a mellow time reading this book. Liam and Carly were absolutely perfect for each other. The way Liam kept closing up and Carly trying to loosen him up just about breaks my heart.

Absolutely a lovely story, I even shed a few tears towards the end. Would love to read the sequel, In the Rancher's Footsteps by Kay Stockham next.
Maldivianbookreviewer
I am always confused when it comes to the release dates of Harlequin romances. The Sheriff’s Daughter was up for grabs at Netgalley & states the release date as the 10th of this month. But a visit to the author’s website revealed that this book has already been released this September. Regardless of all this confusion, The Sheriff’s Daughter turned out to be a surprisingly wonderful & heartwarming romance, filled with endearing characters that worm their way into your hearts and impact y ...more
Saly
When I started this book I knew it was part of a series but not the fact that the heroine in this one appears as a troubled, confused teenager in the previous instalment that is her father's story.

Carly is the Sheriff's daughter and now that her father is on vacation, everyone keeps to keeping an eye on her especially Liam the one in charge. Liam and Carly have been on friendly terms for years but not really close.

Carly decides to become a foster parent to find out if she can be a mother, she ha
Steffi
This book really surprised me. I didn't expect such an emotional and well developed plot and I loved Caroline and Liam. I'm really curious about Liam's brothers, Brad and Chance. Will check out their books soon. Full review to come...
Rhonda

I wish I had read her other books. You don't need to for the story, but it would be fun to read them now.

Zane boss the sheriff has gone a 2 week cruise and left Zane in charge. He also told them to keep his daughter out of trouble.

First night he is out patrolling when he sees a women walking alone on back road. Usually its either someone with broken down car or prostute. He realizes it's Carly right off. Carly does not want to tell him why she is out thier alone walking in high heels. Carly admi
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Reviewed on http://Atastyread.blogspot.com

Town Deputy + Sheriff's Daughter = Secret Romance

In Kay Stockham's New Release, Liam McKenna, Town Deputy is given an assignment to keep an eye on the Sheriff's daughter Carly, while the Sheriff is away. Keeping his eyes on her isn't going to be the problem, its keeping his hands OFF of her that might get in the way. But this quick fling quickly turns out to be more than Liam, a quiet guy with past secrets that keep getting in the way of his happiness. C
Janga
Deputy Liam McKenna knows a woman limping down the highway after midnight on a Friday night means trouble, but he’s not prepared for the trouble to be Caroline “Carly” Taggert, the daughter of his boss, Sheriff Jonas Taggert. Jonas and his wife are on a two-week cruise, and hours earlier the sheriff gave orders for Liam to keep an eye on Carly. What neither the sheriff nor Carly knows is that Liam is fighting to keep his eyes off Carly.

Liam knows that Carly is the ring-on-her-finger, picket-fenc
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Deputy Liam McKenna is a nice guy. He is the kind of guy you want to be your friend, the one who will always come when you call. You would trust him with your life, your money and even your baby sister. But fate just keeps tossing temptation in front of him; so how long does he think he can ignore it?

Just being that good guy gets him the job of looking after his boss, the sheriff’s, daughter; his sexy, tempting, uncontrollable daughte
Jon Nottingham
A story about Carly, the Sheriff's daughter. Since Rissa and Jonas got married and are away for two weeks on their honeymoon, the Sheriff's officers are to be watching out for his daughter Carly. She is terrible about picking men and Liam, one of the deputies seems to keep getting her out of trouble or maybe he get's into more trouble with Carly. A cute romantic story about how hands off turns out to be hands on for the the brother from the nearby ranch turned deputy. Carly, whose Mom left her f ...more
Seriously Reviewed
HOLY MOLY!!! Rock on with this one :) Even though it was a super romance, the story grabbed me and before I knew it....was over :( The good news? It was an awesome few hours :)

Snappy and spicy, with characters that pop, Ms Stockham has done a great job...one that I won't soon forget :) You can rest assured that I will be keeping my eyes peeled for more from her in the future.

Karla
Jul 21, 2012 Karla added it
Shelves: category-romance, dnf
I only read about two chapters. I liked the writing well enough, but I was put off by the heroine's decision, single and 27 yo with a full time job, to become a foster mother. Huh!
Emma
What a good little story, sweet and sexy... definitely worth reading. I hope the other book from this series will be out soon.
Harlequin Books
Heba Abdel Meguid
Heba Abdel Meguid marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
AshleyMarie
AshleyMarie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Stephenie
Stephenie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Wanda Gibson
Wanda Gibson marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Nisa Kaifur
Nisa Kaifur marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
dintyrk
dintyrk marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Vini
Vini marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Hedy
Hedy marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • One Good Reason
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart (Larch Valley, #4)
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Catch Me
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Something to Talk about
  • Witness Seduction
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 Series, #11)
  • Without Words
  • Into the Shadows (The Associates, #3)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • House of Glass
  • A SEAL's Kiss (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #4)
  • The Best Man
Kay Stockham is an award-winning author of 20+ books published by Harlequin Enterprises, Berkley Publishing and Kindred Spirits Publishing. She has also been a Book Buyers Best, HOLT Medallion and RITA Award finalist with a million books in print.

For more information on Kay's work, please visit her website at http://www.kaystockham.com or find her at one of the following:

Kay Stockham Fan Page
@Kay
More about Kay Stockham...

North Star, Montana (6 books)
  • Montana Secrets
  • Montana Skies
  • In the Rancher's Footsteps
  • Christmas in Montana
  • A Hero in the Making
Her Best Friend's Brother His Son's Teacher Another Man's Baby Man With a Past (Going Back) Simon Says Mommy

“Liam stared at her, his gaze glittering hot with something she was afraid to identify because it made her knees weak and she couldn’t breathe from the intensity and pace of her heart pounding away in her chest.
He wanted to kiss her.
He didn’t want to want to kiss her—she could read that in his expression, as well—but she knew he did. And right, then. Cop or not—mistake that it would be— she wanted him to kiss her, too.”
1 likes
“His mouth settled over hers with mind-numbing possession and it was way better than the on-screen kisses she’d envied. Way better than— Wow.
Liam released a husky groan the second his tongue swept into her mouth to touch hers. Fire exploded in her veins, a hot rush of feeling and sensation that obliterated the chiding voice in her head, screaming at her to run.”
1 likes