The Gift: Home for Christmas\All I Want for Christmas\Gabriel's Angel

The Gift: Home for Christmas\All I Want for Christmas\Gabriel's Angel

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  775 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Home for Christmas

After years spent abroad, reporter Jason Law returned home determined to win back the heart of the girl he left behind. It would take all his skills—and then some—to convince Faith Monroe that he was the man for her. But this time, nothing would stand in his way. All he needed was a little faith!

All I Want for Christmas

Identical twin boy...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Silhouette (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Milly Dunaway
Three great short stories all in one book. I especially enjoyed Gabriel's Angel.
Carrie
This book was the perfect easy Holiday read. During this busy time, being able to read a 'heavy' book is just not possible. This book contains three really good, sweet stories that are not only a pleasure to read but also leave you full of the feeling of Christmas as the love of family.

In the first story, we meet Jason and Faith who are high school sweet hearts who lose touch when Jason leaves to begin his career. After ten years of longing and bitterness, Jason return home to find that he left...more
Caroline G'wattage

Home For Christmas: What a sweet story. Nora Roberts is always someone to count on for a good romance.
This story is a little predictable and a little disappointing, because it was so short and you wanted to drag on a little more, it was a bit rushed at the end, it was finshed before you knew it.

All l Want for Christmas: The Characters were adorable, and the storyline was very much like a fairytale.
A single dad with twin boys Zeke and Zach wish for a 'Mum' for christmas. Zeke and Zach love their...more
Maria
Home for Christmas
I really loved the small town feel of the first story, and of course the surprise at the end. I loved Faith's doll business and how Jason dressed up as Santa in order to help her. I loved Clara and her relationship with Jason. I do wish it had been longer because it is that good and so perfect for the Christmas season.

All I Want for Christmas
I loved the twins and how they had a plan to make Nell their mommy. I loved their chemistry as a little family, and again wished this had...more
Tama
My mom gave me this book about this time last year but I didn't get to read it until this year. It was a good way to kick off the Christmas season with the three stories in this book. In the first, the world known reporter comes back to his small town and reunites with his former girlfriend. Just love small town literature, even if it is a bot hokey. In the second, twins Zeke and Zack ( really?? People do not name twins like that any more!) wish for a mom for Christmas. She comes in the form of...more
Angelique
I'm sad that this compilation began with "Home For Christmas." It was a good story, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't have the flavor the two other stories contained; which poorly affected the turn around time on this novel. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that this was the first strictly-romance novel that I've read of Nora's and so I came into it expecting a fast-pace thriller like Divine Evil and instead I received three wholesome Hallmark quality stories.

By the end of the...more
Angelique Anderson

By the end of the...more
Janet
Home For Christmas (1986), All I Want For Christmas (1994), Gabriel’s Angel (1989) by Nora Roberts

This Anthology by Nora Roberts can’t be rated all the same at all. The first, and shortest, of the stories just seemed too easy and sweet to be real. It only felt like a 2 star story to me. Maybe if it had been a much longer story we would have seen a lot more substance, who knows. All I Want for Christmas was really nice and was almost a complete story in the shorter length but the ending did it in...more
Donna
This book is 3 stories in one. I enjoyed all of them, but it is not her best work.

The first story is "Home for Christmas". I liked Faith, but Jason was somewhat of an idiot. He is angry because she didn't try to contact him in 10 years. Guess what buddy, you could have contacted her. Good story. A little predictable.

The second story, "All I want for Christmas". Again, the hero is a little bit of an idiot. I liked Nell, but Mac is angry when he has no right to be.

The third story "Gabriel's Ange...more
Debbie
This is the last of the Nora Roberts anthologies/dual books I have in my backlog, at the moment. According to my LibraryThing record, I hadn't read the first story, "Home for Christmas" before, but since I recognized it immediately when I started, I think I'd picked it up around Christmas last year, just never re-read the other stories. The first two have a Christmas theme, and are from previous holiday anthologies, and the last one is one of her earlier novels for Silhouette, Gabriel's Angel. I...more
Kat Couch
Mar 24, 2014 Kat Couch rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: no one
Three wonderful winter wonderland stories. Very well-paced writing. I especially loved the instant connection between the couple in the third story. Both reaching out for help and healing, and finding so much more. Aw, its romance the best part of life?
Kelly Durkee-erwin
Great set of short romances based around Christmas!
A. R.
This was just what I expected - mindless romance! :) The stories had happy endings and not much depth, but that was just what I was looking for this time of year! I liked, too, that two of the storied had Christmas themes. I think I liked 'Gabrielle's Angel' the best of the three stories, simply because the characters had more depth. Reading "The Gift" was a lot like watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.
Sherri
This book contains three of Roberts' novels (the first two are really novellas at barely 100 pages each). I really liked the first two (Home for Christmas and All I Want for Christmas) better than the last one (Gabriel's Angel). The first two books are truly holiday reads (as you can guess by their titles) which might be partially why I enjoyed them more.
Carla_Collette
This is a trio of homey romance novellas, with the first two being Christmas-themed. I'm not a huge Nora Roberts fan, but these were typical of her writing and sweet. The second romance resolved rather abruptly, but that is a common problem with novellas. All in all, enjoyable, quick escape reads.
Sophie
Containing 3 very distinct stories that will capture the readers heart in 3 very different way. Although different the stories all has the same theme in common. Romance... love... happiness. Anyways you put it the magic of human emotion makes one of the most phenomenal romance stories of all time.
Stacey
Book has three stories. The first two were much too short for me. But, that is my own fault. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. Nice, light reading. Work is too busy tor read anything more involved so this was perfect. Third story had too many "romance" scenes for my taste.
Karen
I really enjoyed this book of 3 books. I wanted a good "Christmas" read to get me in the holiday spirit. This book did just that. I loved the characters in "Gabriel's Angel" and wanted the story to go on and on. I love happy endings and Nora's books always deliver.
Bridget
Nov 07, 2007 Bridget rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book had three wonderful holiday themed stories, 2 short ones than a longer to end it! They were all so warm and fuzzy, but not without their obstacles. Very fast and fun read.
Linda
I just finished the first story, Home for Christmas and I wonder if the idea was stollen from October Road the tv series because it's almost the same plot!
Sharon Sherman
Nora writes beautiful books and this one with three stories is no different. She pulls you right in to the lives of her characters.
Marcella
I always enjoy Nora Roberts' books as a break from more serious reading. They are enjoyable and take me away.
Sakshi Bist
gabriel's angel was the one that.i loved.. it was a different kind of.love story.. the rest two were predictable
Heather Victoria
Very good Holiday read!!! The only bad i have to say is the stories didn't last long enough!!
Lissette
Oct 30, 2007 Lissette rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantics
Not a bad read but a little mushy. I tend to like a little more story line but it was a good read.
Nikki

A compilation of short stories all very good wishing they were a bit longer!
Niki
Love Nora Roberts and all of her books they are fast, easy, fun romances.
Kristy
Loved all these Christmas stories! Gabriel's Angel was the best!!!
Kelly
Quick read. A bit cheesy. But I was ready for a nice love story.
Nora Roberts Grou...: December Book of the Month 26 53 Dec 17, 2013 05:23PM
  • Learning to Love: Sugar and Spice\Love by Degree
  • Snow Angels
  • Ragged Rainbows
  • The Secret Sister
  • X Marks the Spot (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #1)
  • Bearing It All (The Jamesburg Shifters #2)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Betrayed By Love (Ranch Rogues / Western Lovers)
  • Pleasure Prolonged (Pleasure Games, #2)
  • To Know Her (Last Saints, #2)
  • My Nerdy Valentine (Nerds, #7)
  • I'll Remember You (Hell Yeah!  Book Eleven)
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • The Blood King (Dardanos, Colorado #1)
  • From Fields of Gold
  • Fox River
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • A Season of Miracles
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...