Start by marking “Bert & Ernie's First Book of Opposites (Sesame Street "First" Board Books)” as Want to Read:
Bert & Ernie's First Book of Opposites (Sesame Street "First" Board Books)

Bert & Ernie's First Book of Opposites (Sesame Street "First" Board Books)

Board book, 10 pages
Published 2010 by Bendon Publishing International, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bert & Ernie's First Book of Opposites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bert & Ernie's First Book of Opposites

Naomi M
Jun 21, 2016 Naomi M rated it it was amazing
I love children's books
Robert Beveridge
Heather Au, Bert and Ernie's First Book of Opposites (Bendon Publishing, 2010)

While I know that, in general, Sesame Street books are (like Sesame Street scripts) written in a very specific manner—Sesame Workshop doesn't do anything without it being documented in any number of research papers as being good for the kiddies—I have to admit that, stylistically, it's starting to get on my nerves. There's only so much posit thesis – repeat thesis - “Can you”-style question one can take before one feel
Angie
Feb 12, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
Synopsis: "Ernie and Bert demonstrate opposites for the reader -- hello and goodbye, slow and fast, day and night."

My Review: This was another one that was more advanced than I expected, so it was unable to keep Munchkin's attention. I did however like the classic Bert & Ernie feel to it and how they are opposites (quiet & loud). I hope that as Munchkin gets a little older he will be able to enjoy the book but still appreciate the simple opposites.
jacky
Apr 21, 2011 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
We got about 8 Sesame Street books at Target each for a buck, though none of them came up here when I searched them.

We liked this book better than our vinyl Elmo's World opposites book we read in the bath. Bert and Ernie are the perfect pair for teaching opposites. The bulk of the book asks the reader to give the opposite, then praises the reader for being right. I like that the last page asks the reader to look in the picture for more sets of opposites.
Lindsey
Dec 30, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it
Shelves: kid1
Best for preschoolers, this book uses a question and answer format to describe opposites. The last page encourages little ones to find opposites on their own. The pictures of Bert & Ernie are well done to portray the opposites in the story.
Kellee
I LOVE Sesame Street, and I was so happy to introduce Trent to Bert and Ernie :) This book will also be super fun when he is able to answer the questions it asks and do the interactive activity in the end.
Meg McGregor
Sep 08, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Who doesn't love Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street?

In this book, they introduce your little one to opposites! Slow and fast, quiet and noisy, etc.

And they do it in that great Sesame Street way: lots of vivid imagery, and fun characters!
Maddypictures
Sep 24, 2016 Maddypictures rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby365, donated
Cute. I think my favorite part of this book, is Bert & Ernie's room - Ernie's side is a total mess, w/ clothes strewn about everywhere, Bert's side is as neat as a pin!
Feb 06, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I read this with a 2 year old I was babysitting and it was great for introducing her to the concept of opposites.
Krithi
Krithi rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Shaena Peters
Shaena Peters rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Bryce
Bryce rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2013
Angelica
Angelica rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Kristen Jett
Kristen Jett rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Dakeyras
Dakeyras rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Nicki
Nicki rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
The
The rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2015
Ash
Ash rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2014
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Fiona Rice
Fiona Rice rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Rebecca Tversky
Rebecca Tversky rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
May 19, 2014
Gabriella
Gabriella rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2015
Ashely
Ashely rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Racheal Blackburn
Racheal Blackburn rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2014

Sesame Street "First" Board Books (5 books)
  • Zoe's First Book of Seasons (Sesame Street "First" Board Books)
  • Grover's First Day at School
  • Murray's First Book of Words
  • Abby's First Book of Shapes (Sesame Street)