Start by marking “X-Men: Second Coming Revelations” as Want to Read:
X-Men: Second Coming Revelations

X-Men: Second Coming Revelations (X-Factor vol. III X-Men Crossover)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  410 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Collects X-Men: Hope, X-Men: Blind Science, X-Men: Hellbound #1-3, and X-Factor #204-206
Published July 6th 2011 by Marvel (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men

Mike
Mar 03, 2011 Mike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: painfully obvious tie-in filler. Tries hard to fill in detail, character which wouldn't fit the fast-paced mainline story. Marginally succeeds... In boring me.

If the writing was top-notch, or the art blew me away, I'd say this book is worth reading. (under no circumstances except if you're and OCD completionist is this worth paying money for.). Yost's Hellbound storyline was the worst filler: of course Pixie would have a moment of testing her ethics, and of course it would resolve with
Alex Sarll
Second-string tie-ins to a crossover which wasn't that great in the first place - although sometimes it's precisely in such margins that the good stuff can breathe. So here, to some extent: Steve Dillon really makes the Cable/Hope character piece with his customarily excellent art. Similarly, the Science Team story may have no importance whatsoever to wider events, but reminds us that Si Spurrier is the only writer ever to rival Kieron Gillen when it comes to scripting insane science bastard Dr ...more
Joe
Oct 15, 2014 Joe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't surprised how underwhelmed I was by this set of tie ins. X-Men:Hope is rather short and really doesn't give you much more then a few interactions with Hope and Cable.They were good but much more could have been done.X-Club had some good character interactions but unfortunately the story goes nowhere at all.My least favorite of all was X-Men:Hellbound which is a perfect example of why I rarely pick X titles anymore.The story goes nowhere and it centers around rescuing Magick (How will sh ...more
Todd
These are the side stories/tie-ins for Second Coming. So they aren't the most connected, but I enjoyed them all individually.

The X-Club is slowly becoming one of my favorite features of the X-Books.

The Magik story is a little underwhelming, but still fun if you're a fan of the New Mutants or New X-Men. The Gambit is Death could use a little explaining for those of us who haven't been following the character but it's still easy enough to follow.

X-Factor. This is the least tie-in and more we cont
Xavier Guillaume
May 07, 2013 Xavier Guillaume rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one in particular
Shelves: graphic-novel
I borrowed X-Men: Second Coming Revelations from the library thinking it was the follow up of X-Men: Second Coming Revelations and it would shed more life on Hope's story-arc, but reading it, it felt more like watching deleted scenes on a DVD/Blu-ray disc. For some reason deleted scenes feel like a good idea to watch, but afterwards, all I can think is, "Oh okay...That's why they cut that from the show..."

There are four stories in the book that are perhaps loosely related to what is going on in
Michael
An odd collection of different stories that are tied together by the theme of Hope returning to the current time line. The first short story is about Hope and Cable right before they head back to the current time line. The art was good, the story was a little bland.

The second story was Hellbound. This takes place during the events of X-Men: Second Coming. It about the team that went to limbo to recuse Magik. This follows Cannonball and his team as they fight there way through Limbo. It's much be
Travis Duke
Feb 25, 2014 Travis Duke rated it liked it
Ok so it's not the best book but it's a great book about some less known heroes. The hope story was the worst especially the art, it's almost insulting comparing it to other modern day graphic artists. The rest of the stories are good, I liked the dr. Nemesis slapstick, I like the cannonball leader story and the X factor story was a good read too just not the best. If the hope story was better it world of gotten 4 stars
Megan Sanchez
May 27, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fairly hefty collection of side stories taking place during Second Coming. I enjoyed this collection a lot, but mostly because several of my favorite characters - Pixie, Gambit and Northstar - all make appearances. I suggest this volume mostly for people who loved Second Coming and want more. If you're not up on recent X-Men events (for example, fans of X-Men who have only seen the movies), I would not suggest this collection, as it will probably be confusing.

Blind Science is a fun little rom
Oliver Hodson
Dec 12, 2014 Oliver Hodson rated it liked it
Very much a side issue to the main story, which was satisfying. It seems like the better the event book, the worse the side issues, although house of m had a few good side books in a good event. This stuff had so little to do with second coming it was a joke, although on its own it would have been some ok 6 out of 10 stuff
Hillary
Sep 24, 2011 Hillary rated it liked it
These side stories from the X-men: Second Coming plot were good, but because I haven't read X-men in SOOOO long, I sometimes had no idea who some of the characters were. Some characters have changed so much since I've last read them, that I don't know if I like them anymore. These stories delt more with character development and interaction so since I didn't like most of them I didn't care about the plots so much. Not bad, but more for X-fans.
Stephanie
Feb 10, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
"Hope" had some cute Cable/Hope moments but was kinda pointless.
"Blind Science" was boring and confusing by turns, but had interesting protagonists that aren't around much in X-Men.
"Hellbound" was a classic quest/rescue story.
The "X-Factor" issues were a little confusing because they're plucked out of the huge complex story-arc that is X-Factor, and they only marginally had to do with Second Coming. But X-Factor is awesome so that's all right.
zxvasdf
Apr 02, 2011 zxvasdf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a straightforward sequel to X-men: Second Coming, but an accompaniment, to elaborate and expand further on the events of Second Coming.

It's all right. Not a great read, but it's worth picking up for a flip through for the first story regarding X-Club's expedition to the oil rig. What you see in SEcond Coming is not what really happened... funny, fast, and furiously clever, with hilarious and pulpy Dr Nemesis leading the charge.
Sonic
Jan 28, 2011 Sonic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally Marvel got it right. Instead of bogging down a strong story arch with filler and lesser quality side-stories, they published two separate books, SECOND COMING and this one SECOND COMING REVELATIONS. Since we knew this was more peripheral to the main story we did not expect as much, and thus we enjoyed it more. Ended with some always hilarious X-FACTOR stuff!
Quinton Baran
Nov 18, 2015 Quinton Baran rated it liked it
This is a collection of interesting stories that support the X-Men Second Coming story, with lots of development of characters that could not be done in the main story without weakening the whole.
Abbie
Eh, a little bit of a let down after reading the first Second Coming. More like some short stories that happened to be going on during Second Coming. Sort of helped to paint a more complete picture of things that were happening. Dealt with some less main-stream characters, like X-Team and others. Sort of interesting, but not super engrossing.
Ryan
Jul 07, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: justok
The additional stories were good, but not great. I expected to enjoy the Hellbound stories more, but was a bit disappointed. Didn't really understand the X-Factor story at the end of the collection. I understand why it was included, but am unfamiliar with the developments taking place within that book.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I enjoyed this well enough. Unfortunately, the way these are grouped, I feel like I missed a good portion of the storyline between each volume. I understood it enough, however, and the story is still fascinating. I'll probably want to continue with the series sometime down the line.
Jenna
I like this X-Club concept. Must look into them in depth... Dr. Nemesis in particular made me laugh and reminded me of Deadpool slightly:

"So help me, redneck--if we die here I will see to it that your terminal consideration is the boot in your colon. Try! More! Stuff!"
Christopher Reichard
The side story arcs within the X-verses third arc of the Messiah trilogy are collected here. See what these mutants were up to when the fate of mutant kind was at stake. These stories are ok on their own but work much better when read with the Second Coming book.
Angela
Jul 13, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
This follows xfactor,the x club and the new mutants on their journey to limbo. So you wondered what had happened then this answers your questions. A decent tie-in with its own storyline. A good read.
Sharon
Jan 06, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Charlotte
Dec 24, 2013 Charlotte marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've read the issues of X-Factor in this. At some point might catch up with the rest.
Trey
Jul 23, 2011 Trey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many weird characters nowadays. If you aren't already up what's going on with the current X-Men, this won't help.
Jamie Sigal
Waste of time compared to the main story. If I had known, I wouldn't have bothered.
Geoff Derks
Feb 17, 2013 Geoff Derks rated it liked it
Hope: 3 stars
Blind Science: 3 stars
Hellbound #1-3: 1 star
X-Factor #204-206: 3 stars
Jacob
Aug 07, 2011 Jacob rated it it was ok
Library copy. Mutant books are such a mess these days.
Newton Wise
Newton Wise rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Matthew Lacorazza
Matthew Lacorazza rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
No rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
  • X-Men: Curse of the Mutants
  • Dark X-Men
  • Cable, Vol. 3: Stranded
  • X-Men: Schism

X-Factor vol. III (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • X-Factor: Madrox - Multiple Choice