Leadership the Barack Obama Way: Lessons on Teambuilding and Creating a Winning Culture in Challenging Times

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Use the President's history-making leadership skills in any business setting!

In his historic rise to the most powerful position in the world, Barack Obama single-handedly altered the concept of leadership around the world. Now, Shel Leanne--"the" expert on the Obama way of leadership--explains how to thrive in any business setting by adopting the same skill set.

"Leadership...more
Published December 11th 2009 by McGraw-Hill

Dak777
I think it's a great book if you are a High School or college student studying debate and public speaking. Wonderful if you are new to this type of material. It goes in depth in a very matter of fact way. I enjoyed the informative deconstruction of the President's style.

Personally, I'm a political and business book junkie, so this isn't the first time I've seen this topic. Aside from being an enjoyable book about how Barack Obama might approach speeches, it didn't really explore any new territo...more
Janet
Had to read this for my business school leadership class. While I think the concept is a great one the execution was very far off. This was an absolutely awful book! Shelly Leanne mentions her other book so many times I almost feel like I've read that one too. While she makes good points about leadership, she uses the same examples written in the same way for every point she makes and after 20 pages it's incredibly boring. Professors - do not assign this to your students!!!
Islam A.
Islam A. is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Tony Darmasaputra
Tony Darmasaputra marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Brian Currie
Brian Currie marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Seth
Seth marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Jowana Bueser
Jowana Bueser marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2012
Stuart Taylor
Stuart Taylor marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2012
Ryan
Ryan added it
Apr 10, 2012
Eneepo
Eneepo marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2011
Min Siang Lim
Min Siang Lim marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2011
Nitin Jain
Nitin Jain marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2010
Ngocbich.c
Ngocbich.c is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2010
Pete
Pete added it
May 12, 2010
How to Interview Like a Top MBA: Job-Winning Strategies from Headhunters, Fortune 100 Recruiters, and Career Counselors Joshua's Bible Say It Like Obama: The Power of Speaking with Purpose and Vision قلها مثل أوباما : قوة التحدث ذات الهدف والرؤية