Bad Boys Online (Includes: Bowling Friends, #1)

Bad Boys Online (Bowling Friends #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  1,443 ratings  ·  42 reviews
From cybersex partners to hackers gone awry, each of McCarthy’s three fiery tales involve couples who interact with computers and find love in the process. In “Hard Drive,” Kindra is mortified when her coworker and secret crush, Mack, catches her cavorting online with her cybersex lover. But when Mack offers to show her the benefits of love the old-fashioned way, Kindra re...more
Paperback
Published September 1st 2003 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys Online, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys Online

The Madness Of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer AshleyTempt Me at Twilight by Lisa KleypasIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa JamesLove Kinection by Jennifer  James
Brainy/Genius Romantic Heroes
69th out of 227 books — 253 voters
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann ShafferBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyDracula by Bram StokerGriffin and Sabine by Nick Bantock
Epistolary Fiction
248th out of 318 books — 345 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
I like Erin McCarthy's humorous and sexy writing, but this anthology was a bit disappointing. The 3 novellas in this book aren't connected in any way: you can read them all in any order you choose, or read only one (or two) as you please.

Hard Drive (3 stars)
Mack Stone and Kindra Hill are coworkers who have been secretly lusting after each other for about a year. When he catches her reading a dirty e-mail and she boldly tells him that she prefers cybersex to the real thing, he vows he can change...more
Julianna
Aug 04, 2011 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Fun, Steamy Contemporary Romance Novellas
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars overall" Hard Drive – I'm beginning to wonder if Erin McCarthy writes better short stories than full-length novels. So far her novels have been rather hit and miss with me, but Hard Drive is the second novella in a row that I've read by her which I thought was a winner. It was a really sweet and sexy story that was a very enjoyable read.

Hard Drive is less than 100 pages, and because of its brevity, the hero and heroine don't get a lot of backstory. They've wor...more
Lexie
I'll review each story separately

Hard Drive I liked the best of the three. I thought the set up worked well and didn't feel like McCarthy was pigeon holing Mack or Kindra into a stereotype to fit the needs of the story. If at times I was hard pressed to remember Kindra's inexperience in reality wasn't a put-on to make Mack sweat, I ignored it in favor of Mack's reaction at the end.

User Friendly, aside from the fact that Evan is my idea of an ideal mate, this story didn't interest me overmuch. Ha...more
Rae
As my very first Erin McCarthy book read I must say I loved her style and sense of humor enough to read other books by her. But as this is a compilation of three short stories I will break it down.

I loved "Hard Drive" giving it *****

I loved this story. I find Mack smooth and charming. Kindra is awkward, but not so much that it throws the book off. It moves fast enough to keep me interested. The two had some serious chemistry, which read hot to me. And I love the idea of written word coming to li...more
Amy
Tam
I haven't gotten into Erin McCarthy yet. She doesn't stand out to me at all. Not that her writing is bad by any means. Her stories are just sort of static. Or at least, these ones were.

Sorry to ruin it for you buw why did EVERY story end with a proposal? Is it not right to have hot, sweaty, and satisfying sex unless it's with your intended. Every proposal (except maybe possibly the last if you wanted to stretch it) seemed to come out of no where! Totally rushed.

Now that I've thought this through...more
Jane Stewart
4 stars, 3 stars and 1 star for three stories in this book.

4 stars for USER FRIENDLY.
Halley is caterer with a website. Hackers put a naked body under her head on the website. She has been best friends with Evan for years, but avoided him for several months due to sexual feelings for him. She goes to his home to ask him to fix her website. He has wanted her for months as well. They kiss, but she pretends it was just a comfort & leaves. She returns later and they finally get together.

3 stars f...more
Kerste
Okay, so far I've only read one of the three short stories. And usually I don't like short stories much. And the ending of the first short story was SILLY. But for once I actually found myself...liking the length. It was a quick read, which I could squeeze in between all my life happenings and finish in one day. There was no real obstacle in the relationship. It happened fast, it was pretty hawt, but no eyebrows were set on fire. (I did fall asleep reading it in the middle of the day though...th...more
Kathy
story 1 - hard drive... she's shy, she's reserved, she thinks of herself as merely average... he's good looking, he's dating regularly, he's been noticing her - when she doesn't notice him watching - that she rolls her eyes, that she has a gorgeous smile, and her hair, if let down, would be really silky...

Kindra and Mack... Kindra has been sublimating her sexualality via a safe email 'partner', and one day, Mack catches her - reading the email over her shoulder... and he offers to show her in 12...more
Cindy
The thing about bad boy books is the stories are often so implausible, you just turn off your brain & enjoy. That's the case here.

All these stories are by Erin McCarthy, whom I usually like as an author.

Hard Drive is the first of the "bowling friends" series of short stories. This is Kindra's story. It's a 3 star. As usual, the sex moves way too fast & it's "marry me" way too soon. Like I said though, suspend your disbelief & it's tolerable. I really hate it when people waste food...more
Nisha
Hard Drive
Kindra is a mostly shy wallflower, while Mack is the ultimate office playboy. But, when Mack finds Kindra reading a sexy email from her cybersex partner, he can't help feeling surprised (and aroused) about Kindra. He asks for 12 hours to prove that the real thing is much better. After lusting after Mack for the past year, 12 hours seem to be a nice change, except, what if what she feels for him is more than just lust. What if it's love?

I understand that for a short story, there is rea...more
Anna
I actually enjoyed this book a lot, the best of the three stories was the first one, in my opinion, but I enjoyed all of them.

I gave 3 stars, but it's more like almost 4. As much as I enjoyed the sexual tension that was in the book, it wasn't with a deep story or something to relate to at all, it had no depth, the situations were not realistic. That's why I gave 3 stars instead of 4, but I must say that I liked the book, it's a fun, fast and easy book to read. It's not a bad thing, I actually li...more
Princess
Finally done! I surviiiveeedd!!! woooh.

It took me a lot more weeks to finish this book, though the stories were short.
Well it was really hard to read. Well for me O.O

I actually don't know how to rate it since ,first, it's not my type of book and ,second, there's barely a story at all, it was just all of 'that'.

But I congratulate the author for successfully described the actions, cause I shivered having those ideas in my head. And that means that Author did a great job on that.

And also I think f...more
elstaffe
I didn't realize that this was a series of short erotic romance stories (rather than romance less focused on sex) going into this, so I was a little confused at first. It caught my eye at the library because of the author, and I did ultimately enjoy it well enough. For me, it was telling that my favorite story was the one where the hero/heroine had the longest history previous to the story beginning. I don't know that I would seek out a book in this genre again, but I do enjoy Erin McCarthy's wr...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group
Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
OH! MY GOSH! This is such an x-rated book for me! Gosh! I never expected it to be full of "those" stuffs. But still the characters are witty and makes me laugh, and i kinda enjoyed their conversations but STILL! its just so ugh!. So, Yeah, Sorry For the Two Stars Rating. Nothing more to say, just read it yourself and find out why it deserves a big UGH!! :)
A.
There were a few sexy parts in this book but there were waaay too many cheesy lines, though I must admit they did make me laugh. Her style of writing is different than most books I've read but it seems to go back and forth from first person POV to third POV too much. Out of the three, Hard Drive was my favorite. Sadly the other two just did not work for me.
Hpitcher
As a teenager I love to read romance books but these were a little too much for me. Sure I don't mind a sex scene here or there but when that is all that is to the story without any real substance it really bothers me. I love to feel like this could happen to me but these stories were just so unrealistic and little too sexual for me.
Ashley
Erin McCarthy is a good write and you can see this in the short stories in bad boys online. what i love most about this book is that they are short stories. they very easily read in 20 minutes if your busy and have no time to read this book is still readable. have read this book over and over and never get bored.
Dawn ♥ romance
These three steamy stories were rather short on plot but I did read them all with minimal skimming. First scenario opened with online sex, second with online questionnaire and in third story a caterers business web site is hacked into showing her naked. I like Erin's other books better.
Hendo
I can't remember when I read this. It was good though--McCarthy is a little skanky, but sometimes it's just what you need. Don't read this one at work...unless you work in the pleasure industry.
My first real foray into erotica or books with sex in them. I'd read chick lit previously and wasn't prepared for this. I LOVED it. Got me hooked. All 3 three stories were great!
Anna-Lisa
Feb 27, 2010 Anna-Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: romance
This review is especially for the story "Hard Drive".

Loved it as I loved "User Friendly". Erin McCarthy just knows how to write steamy hot love stories which also go to the heart. :)
Anna-Lisa
Feb 27, 2010 Anna-Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna-Lisa by: lovelylilain@yahoo.de
Shelves: romance
I love Erin McCarthy's books! I simply do. I also love these hot, little stories. For these I don't need a deep-going story I just love the small love story and the hot sex scenes. ;)
Kate
Entertaining and romantic read.

The third story was my favourite.

I didn't really connect with either of the characters in the second story.
Melissa
You might as well choose one of the stories in this book and read it three times, they're all the same. But for what it is, it's well done.
Tatrd
3 stories about people who've liked each other a long time and finally hook up. Romantica (pretty tame) but GREAT scenes.
Lesli
Contemporary romance. Perfect beach read. Quick read. Easy way to pick up a new author or catch up on existing characters.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
good book that borders on Erotica....so if you like reading about computers, men, women and sex this might be the book for you
Clarissa
I like the 1st and 3rd story better than the 2nd. But all three were really good. :D Really enjoyed reading this one.
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • To All A Good Night
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Immortal Bad Boys
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) True (True Believers, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“Though Trish and her bad boy types weren't exactly Kindra's style, she had to agree that Violet went for quiet and uninteresting. Sort of like mild salsa. Why even bother? You'd be better off just biting a tomato.” 5 likes