Start by marking “Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2012” as Want to Read:
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2012

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2012

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World, the most respected and well-known name in travel guides, takes readers to the world's most popular tourist attraction. Since ours is the only guidebook that's official, this book includes the most accurate information on prices, changes, and new attractions for 2012. Highlights include complete coverage of Walt Disney World's newest resort-in- ...more
Published September 27th 2011 by Disney Editions (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2012

Ted
May 04, 2009 Ted rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This "official" Disney World guide tells you only what Disney wants you to know. Filled with colorful pictures, it is better visually than the "unofficial" guide, but lacks the in-depth park assistance.
Fred Landis
Jun 15, 2011 Fred Landis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once upon a Time, Steve Birnbaum was the bad boy of travel books.He actually went there,wrote his own stuff,was funny,original,politicaly incorrect.He had a section called "sins" with a picture of the devil of how you could find a prostitute or finf drugs.Really.
Reality being stranger than fiction,some subversive at Disney decided to select the black sheep to be the OFFICIAL Walt Disney World Guidebook author.He dies and his books go away,until his clever wife decides to revive the brand.
Steve B
Jeff
Nov 01, 2015 Jeff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I already have a plan, so I like to pick up guide books just to give me a sense of what's there. This guide book is a survey of a lot of attractions. There's no stand out reviews, just nice blurbs about the rides and such, and very little maps to reference to.
I feel like the author is just putting together a mailorder catalog of the Parks. What threw me as well is there are descriptions of shops and lands, but the restaurants and food are separated at the back of the book. I'm already disorient
babyhippoface
Mar 27, 2008 babyhippoface rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-ages
Don't try to do Disney without Birnbaum. Knowing what's what and where's where makes all the difference in the World--Disney World, that is. People without a plan waste a ton of time wandering around wondering what to do next and standing in long lines they could've avoided. Although you probably don't need to buy a new one every single year (like my husband apparently believes you must), Birnbaum's guides are a fantastic little tool for planning your WDW vacation.
Michelle
Mar 06, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good overview of the Disney World parks and resorts. The book was informative and well-organized, but it was basic. I also found a couple of typos and some outdated information. The photos were wonderful. I wouldn't use this as my only reference when planning a trip to Disney World, but it's a nice, concise resource.
Chris
Nov 12, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used this book several years ago, when I took a trip to WDW. The book is very factual, and set up real well. I like the author's simple-wording, when it comes to facts about warnings and tips. Whenever I go to a Disney park, I MUST buy one of these books, or the pre-trip planning isn't complete.
Alex
I'm not going to give ratings to these books, since that is kind of impossible to do. But I am going to keep track of which ones I read.

I did love the way this one was laid out, though. Which rides to get Fastpasses on, what time to hit the rides for less crowds, etc.
Michelle
Apr 08, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Even though this is the 2012 guide and Disney's website has tons of information, this guide is still useful. I especially like the Hot Tips. I wish those were all summarized in a pull out section you could take with you.
Amy Coats
May 03, 2012 Amy Coats rated it liked it
Good, but not fantastic. You can tell Disney was pushing some of the editorial. The author leans hard toward staying on property, but doesn't talk about day visitors or visitors staying off resort. OK intro, but know what your getting.
Carrie Lynne
Jul 12, 2009 Carrie Lynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
Excellent reference with accurate information. Great to have with you as you take your trip. Updated annually
Kim
May 29, 2008 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney
It's the official line--it has lots of exciting Disney graphics. I wouldn't use this book alone to plan a trip, but I wouldn't use any one book to plan any trip.
Missy
May 13, 2011 Missy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very helpful. It had all the information I needed for planning, and it was very well organized.
Brian
Sep 13, 2008 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
nice pictures but not really useful advice and it is too OFFICIAL. As if Disney needs any more over-managed message.

Buy the unofficial guide.
Dec 28, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wdw
This is the company line and actually i read the 2010 edition. I wasn't thoroughly impressed and would only recommend it as a first read and not to be intended as an only read on the subject.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2005: Expert Advice from the Inside Source
by Birnbaum Travel Guides
not very informative
Jamaie
Sep 11, 2010 Jamaie rated it it was amazing
I get the new book of this every year! Just went through it again...and I just love it. It has a fold out map in the back to show all Disney parks and Disney hotels. Florida.
Nicole
Jul 13, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Pretty much knew everything, but it did help me reconsider Animal Kingdom. It's changed since we went the year it opened.
Olga
Olga rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2010
Beth N
Beth N rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Fran Putnam
Fran Putnam rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Jennifer Rackley
Jennifer Rackley rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Phil Mooney
Phil Mooney rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2014
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2012
Mrslabman
Mrslabman rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2008
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
Bernadette A Cruz
Bernadette A Cruz rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Madison Mega-Mara...: Book #11: Birnbaum's Guide to Walt Disney World 2013 1 3 Mar 01, 2013 03:22PM
  • PassPorter Walt Disney World 2007: The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake!
  • The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008
  • Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic: Volume 1
  • Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2012: with Universal Orlando, SeaWorld & Aquatica
  • The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot at Walt Disney World (An Imagineering Field Guide)
  • Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets
  • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
  • The Disneyland® Encyclopedia: The Unofficial, Unauthorized, and Unprecedented History of Every Land, Attraction, Restaurant, Shop, and Event in the Original Magic Kingdom®
  • National Geographic Guide to National Parks of the United States
  • The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom
  • Earth Then and Now: Amazing Images of Our Changing World
  • New York
  • Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making More Magic Real
  • Heath: A Family's Tale
  • Since the World Began: Walt Disney World--The First 25 Years
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World