One Little Chicken

One Little Chicken

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  6 reviews
How much work can one little chicken be?

When Leora finds a chicken in her front yard, she imagines keeping it as a pet and gathering eggs for breakfast every morning. But her mother has a very different view. Following a Jewish law that says ”finders aren’t keepers,” Mrs. Bendosa is determined that the family should care for the chicken just until its rightful owner return...more
Published August 9th 2011 by Tricycle Press

To ask other readers questions about One Little Chicken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Little Chicken

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is folk-tale based on the Jewish law "finders aren't keepers". I was following the book until the end - however, it seems to work out for the person who lost the hen in the first place but the finders who put in all of the work don't seem to have benefited?! Maybe I am missing something?!
Jill
Cute re-telling of a traditional folk tale. Sophie really enjoyed all the animals in the book as well as the catch phrase "finders aren't keepers." The artwork is quite detailed and reminded me of Jan Brett's illustrations.
Melissa
What a great story to let kids wrap their heads around. Would THEY give the whole herd of goats away? Plus I love Elisa Kleven.
Edward Sullivan
Charming story adapted from the Talmud. Beautiful folk art illustrations.
Brianna Soloski
PJ Library from a while back. I am determined to hit 100 books this year.
The Yankee at the Seder Traveling Through Text: Message and Method in Late Medieval Pilgrimage Accounts