Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse #1-3)

4.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  305 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Adapting the second novel in Laurell K. Hamilton's bestselling Anita Blake series! St. Louis is a city of the damned. The supernatural is commonplace, and the undead enjoy free rein. But whether warm- or cold-blooded, the laws of man still apply--and nobody dispenses justice better than Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter! This time out, a child's parents are gruesomely slaughtere ...more
Published February 22nd 2012 by Marvel (first published October 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Marianne
Excellent storytelling in this second graphic adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. Had it not been for the freakishly outlandish poodle rocker hair every hot dude in this series seems to sport, I would have been tempted to give it 5 stars.

Once again; very gory, but that's to be expected when you're dealing with a greedy, old necromancer priestess, zombie mutants fresh from the grave, a perv in a wheelchair who wants to raise his long dead ancestors and one dangerously seducive
Denyse
Feb 24, 2012 Denyse rated it really liked it
Nightmares anyone? ...
I love graphic novels, but I tend to avoid the gory ones... (like this one) Yet, I found Anita Blake to be quiet an interesting character and of course the story is quiet something too... I mean seriously, zombies? vampires? sign me up! I might just get the other two books.
Ea Solinas
Apr 29, 2015 Ea Solinas rated it did not like it
Here's an interesting question: how can a series that has zombies, vampires, werewolves and all manner of supernatural threats be so BORING?

While "Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse" has a few cool moments floating around, 95% of it an endless stream of boring conversations, whining, and Anita pretending to be tough even as people save her from the bad guys. Laurell K. Hamilton's urban fantasy is poorly translated with too much rambling dialogue and Anita pouting and posing.

The sto
Soobie's heartbroken
Too bad that they're not going to turn into graphic novels some more of Anita Blake's books. I'm actually enjoying reading her stories again. Because, yeah, the details are long gone from my memory but when I'm reading I still get bits and pieces of what I read so many years ago.

I like the art in this graphic novel. I love the drawings and the colors and the also all of Anita's penguins.

Sometimes a graphic novel is useful when you can't imagine something that the original author described in her
Nici
I almost forgot what this book was all about, therefore it was nice to refresh my memories on it. I remember that I really enjoyed it and that it was quite brutal.
I liked this graphic novel but I somehow imagined it a little bit different in my head.
Markeisha
Dec 20, 2014 Markeisha rated it it was amazing
Completely entertaining! Great ending, with no loose ends.
Lady Entropy
Oct 22, 2012 Lady Entropy rated it it was ok
Anita Blake in comic book form loses almost all of its potency. Not only because she ends up looking a little ridiculous, but the 80sness of the world becomes apparent. Jean-Claude is just unintentionally funny in his clothes and looks (have I mentioned the 80s big hair?), and frankly, most of the books are spent faffing about.

Stick to the books or borrow this.
Hannah Thomas
Jul 22, 2013 Hannah Thomas rated it really liked it
With previous reviews, it is gory and there's very little difference between the novel and the graphic adaption. All in all, it's still good and worth reading. In my belief, this adaption is like an R-rated movie.
Lilibeth
Aug 14, 2015 Lilibeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf
Loved the last scene with Anita's usual bad-ass-ness. This is a very good way to know the plot of the novels and have a better visual of the horrors in the books. Wish all the books were adapted into comics.
Steph Moyer
Jul 28, 2012 Steph Moyer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a great adaptation in my opinion. The artwork is great, it stuck to the story, leaving out very little from the actual novel.
Crystal
Sep 02, 2012 Crystal marked it as to-read
I enjoyed seeing how the artists brought so many beloved characters to life.
Tiffany~are there TWINS in it?
Great adaptation of the novel, awesome artwork!!
Kerri Bowden
Kerri Bowden marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Harish
Harish marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Jimmy Nazworth
Jimmy Nazworth marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Patricia Lopes
Patricia Lopes rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Rawan
Rawan rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Shelly Huff
Shelly Huff marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Brianna Young
Brianna Young marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Pudgy
Pudgy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Ruth Kanost
Ruth Kanost rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Hyacinth
Hyacinth marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Jamie Rossignol
Jamie Rossignol marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Neverland
  • Beyond Control (Beyond, #1)
  • De Griezelbus 3
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 7
  • Graphic Classics, Volume 14: Gothic Classics
  • Love Monster, volume 11
  • Sankarea 6: Undying Love
  • Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • Dracula (All-Action Classics, #1)
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse (3 books)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse,  Volume 1: Animator