Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse #1-3)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Adapting the second novel in Laurell K. Hamilton's bestselling Anita Blake series! St. Louis is a city of the damned. The supernatural is commonplace, and the undead enjoy free rein. But whether warm- or cold-blooded, the laws of man still apply--and nobody dispenses justice better than Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter! This time out, a child's parents are gruesomely slaughtere ...more
Published February 22nd 2012 by Marvel (first published October 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Denyse
Nightmares anyone? ...
I love graphic novels, but I tend to avoid the gory ones... (like this one) Yet, I found Anita Blake to be quiet an interesting character and of course the story is quiet something too... I mean seriously, zombies? vampires? sign me up! I might just get the other two books.
Soobie's heartbroken again
Too bad that they're not going to turn into graphic novels some more of Anita Blake's books. I'm actually enjoying reading her stories again. Because, yeah, the details are long gone from my memory but when I'm reading I still get bits and pieces of what I read so many years ago.

I like the art in this graphic novel. I love the drawings and the colors and the also all of Anita's penguins.

Sometimes a graphic novel is useful when you can't imagine something that the original author described in her
Nici
I almost forgot what this book was all about, therefore it was nice to refresh my memories on it. I remember that I really enjoyed it and that it was quite brutal.
I liked this graphic novel but I somehow imagined it a little bit different in my head.
Markeisha
Completely entertaining! Great ending, with no loose ends.
Lady Entropy
Anita Blake in comic book form loses almost all of its potency. Not only because she ends up looking a little ridiculous, but the 80sness of the world becomes apparent. Jean-Claude is just unintentionally funny in his clothes and looks (have I mentioned the 80s big hair?), and frankly, most of the books are spent faffing about.

Stick to the books or borrow this.
Hannah Thomas
With previous reviews, it is gory and there's very little difference between the novel and the graphic adaption. All in all, it's still good and worth reading. In my belief, this adaption is like an R-rated movie.
Lilibeth
Loved the last scene with Anita's usual bad-ass-ness. This is a very good way to know the plot of the novels and have a better visual of the horrors in the books. Wish all the books were adapted into comics.
Steph Moyer
This is a great adaptation in my opinion. The artwork is great, it stuck to the story, leaving out very little from the actual novel.
Crystal
Sep 02, 2012 Crystal marked it as to-read
I enjoyed seeing how the artists brought so many beloved characters to life.
Tiffany~are there TWINS in it?
Great adaptation of the novel, awesome artwork!!
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Jared Mathews
Jared Mathews marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sarah Fanning
Sarah Fanning marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Tammy Bui
Tammy Bui marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 25, 2015
alicia croy
alicia croy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Megan Gonzalez
Megan Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Cathryn
Cathryn marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • De Griezelbus 3
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon, #5)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 8
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 7: Conception
  • Bubba Ho-Tep
  • Love Monster, volume 11
  • Graphic Classics, Volume 14: Gothic Classics
  • Darkness Arisen (Order of the Blade #6)
  • De eerste bron
  • A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger's Guide
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse (3 books)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse,  Volume 1: Animator
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 2: Necromancer
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 3: Executioner
Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3) The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #2) The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4) Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5)