Start by marking “Going Home Again” as Want to Read:
Going Home Again

Going Home Again

Rachel Mitchell thought she had it all, a career as a fashion photographer, an apartment in New York City and a lawyer boyfriend. When her mother dies, Rachel goes home to be with her younger sisters and grandmother. The solemn event brings her back into contact with old boyfriend Cole. On her return to the big city, Rachel begins to question her life, and what can really ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Going Home Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Home Again

Monique
Feb 17, 2014 Monique rated it liked it
Review to come
***
Also reviewed on my blog All The Bookish Love

This was an easy and very light read. I expected some sort of emotional turmoil to come up in the book, based on the title and the blurb, but it was just a basic clean romance novel. Parts of the story really made no sense to me and I found the writing to be repetitive at times, especially at the end of each chapter or revelation that the character had.
The familial aspect of the novel was what attracted me in the first place. I ador
Laura Emery
Aug 17, 2016 Laura Emery rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable, easy read story about a woman who thought she had it all. When the main characters mother dies unexpectedly, she questions many of her life choices and realizes her perfect life is not so perfect. A very relatable, sweet story.
Tracy Kincaid
Jul 13, 2016 Tracy Kincaid rated it it was amazing
Sweet book about family and love. I laughed and cried.
Jennifer Hines
Jul 19, 2016 Jennifer Hines rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This is a cute story about life, love, family, and the choices made regarding each.

Rachel left the small town she grew up in and followed her dreams to New York City. She's a photographer for Vogue, has a rich and sexy lawyer boyfriend, and thinks she has everything she wants. It's not until her mother's death that she returns home and begins to see things in a new light.

Sometimes what our heads think we want isn't what
TMDG
Jun 10, 2014 TMDG rated it liked it

2.5 Stars
This book was a smooth and easy read. The story had its sweet and tender moments. However, it seemed "familiar" - I have read the same type of story many times. I wanted to find something new, a new twist or disturbance that made it stand out as unique. The main character's thought process was a little repetitive. Actually, I thought there was too much of her thought processing, talking to herself in her head more than I wanted to read. There wasn't any terribly strong conflict with cho
One Messy Mama The Honest Mom Blog
I revieved this book from The Getaways for an honest review.

A lovely, easy read. After her mothers death Rachael goes back home to deal with the loss. She spends time with her sisters and grandmother and accidentally (or by the orcistration of her family) bumps into her ex boyfriend.
Unfortunately she has a boyfriend back home.. Do her and Cole rekindle their relationship? ? You'll have to read this awesome book to find out...

Just loved it.
Stephanie
Aug 07, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was ok
I was not able to get into the book and was unable to finish reading it. I felt that the writing was amateurish and not developed well. The synopsis seemed interesting and I had hopes for more from this book. Unfortunately, I didn't make it halfway through the book.
Sylvia Stein
Sylvia Stein rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Carol Cassada
Jul 21, 2011 Carol Cassada added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Crossroad Readers
Crossroad Readers marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sandra "Jeanz" marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Pj Nusbaum
Pj Nusbaum marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Kel (Faerie-bookworm) marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Tiffany Copp
Tiffany Copp marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Sharlene
Sharlene marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Misty Nickels
Misty Nickels marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Anne W
Anne W marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson marked it as to-read
Sonia Ortiz
Sonia Ortiz marked it as to-read
Shannan Williams
Shannan Williams marked it as to-read
Lisa Larrabee
Lisa Larrabee marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Kiki V
Kiki V added it
Jul 13, 2016
Natali Horvat
Natali Horvat marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Yvonne Evans
Yvonne Evans marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016
Stacy Kamerer
Stacy Kamerer marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2016
Jeanine
Jeanine marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2016