End Game

End Game

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  8 reviews
'End Game' is a powerful geo-political thriller set in 2018 that describes the build up to a confrontation between the navies of the world's superpowers, U.S. and China, off the Horn of Africa.
Published (first published December 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about End Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End Game

Stefan
I had never heard of Matthew Glass before picking his thick thriller ‘End Game’ randomly off the library shelf. I was pleasantly surprised by the book’s interesting insights on how 21st century globalization is changing geopolitics and international relations. Like the best of Michael Crichton’s works, ‘End Game’ featured some long lectures packed with interesting ideas covered with a thin facade of fiction. What I enjoyed most about this thriller was its intentional lack of a preachy attitude e...more
Paul Samael
“Endgame” is a highly intelligent political thriller which – despite its somewhat dry-sounding subject matter – had me completely hooked. It’s about how a run on a bank could morph from a major financial problem into something akin to the Cuban missile crisis (but with the Chinese taking the place of the Russians). It’s worth reading purely for how convincingly this very frightening scenario is laid out.

But a word of warning - if you are expecting lots of action along the lines of a more conven...more
Nathan
I'm giving this book a temporary 5 star rating, because I think it's a great book that deserves more attention, but it's probably really a 4.5 for me and I usually round down if I'm not sure.

Having just read Wingrove's books on how China disrupts and then unifies the world, I was intrigued by the complete feasibility of this book. Indeed, I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened, or isn't already happening subtly. Glass has written a compelling "financial thriller", a story of how the globa...more
Andrew Garvey
I read Glass' first book, Ultimatum, after seeing a hugely enthusiastic review in the Economist. His realistic, yet still very exciting account of a American president's battle with the largely villainous Chinese to end global warming, it was a credible, entertaining and at times worrying, book.

Endgame is essentially the same thing. This time, in 2018, another future American president is forced to deal with launching an anti-terrorist operation in Uganda, just as a crisis hits the US stock mark...more
Molly Osborne
The geopolitics are well thought out, the plot tugs you enjoyably this way and that,the China threat aspects seem realistic, but I couldn't find a character to really latch on to.
Jack
A well plotted global political thriller, set in the near future and clearly influenced by the 2008 banking crisis. Strong on action and plot but not so good on character development.
Michele
Glass paints what I think is a very realistic and terrifying scenario in a type of global political thriller.
Sk Singh
Excellent, keeps you engaged throughout
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 01, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Ice
Ice marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Oleg
Oleg marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Martin Blandy
Martin Blandy marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Graeme Rennie
Graeme Rennie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Bpp531
Bpp531 marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Carlisle Johnson
Carlisle Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Peqqis
Peqqis marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ultimatum Trigger Point Citizens against the MX: Public Languages in the Nuclear Age