Hermes Online

Hermes Online

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Imagine if you will a story begun in the halls of Mount Olympus long before this modern tale was conceived. It was a time when the god Hermes flew on his winged sandals and carried messages from the gods to the mortals below. And between that time and this, couriers became postmen and handwritten letters became bytes. It is said the gods still speak to those who listen…

Lef...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hermes Online, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hermes Online

Judith
4.5 out of 5. This is a very erotic novel that brings that brings together two strangers--not often a safe endeavor--but in this case Vivianne takes a chance and posts an erotic tale that she has written ten years earlier and the response was almost totally positive. Encouraged by a particular response from the mysterious Mr. S, Vivianne begins this exchange that slowly but surely becomes the source of a renewed sense of herself as a winsome and desirable woman, a change she sorely needs after b...more
Book Binge Blog
Does it feel too far fetched to think of today's connections through the internet as messages from the gods? Certainly it is now possible to get email from the farthest reaches of the planet in a matter of seconds. Perhaps it is our contemporary connection to the long-forgotten gods and their messenger Hermes. No more far fetched than some of the sci-fi fantasies that have become reality in just the past three or four decades. That being said, it certainly felt like a message from some benevolen...more
Fictional Bookshelf
Celia
OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5 stars.

STORY: 4/5 stars.
CHARACTERS: her ~ 5/5 (character development; bonus for me!), him ~ 4/5 (his person only came into play in the end.)
HOTNESS: 5+/5 chilies <3

This is an extremely sexual tale, that was well done. Wow, me likes! I liked the story and it really was nicely done/"performed". Even the H's identity wasn't annoyingly obvious. I loved their e-mails exchanges and especially how lyrical they made them.
It was quite funny seeing how an author can change her styl...more
Samantha Blair
Every now and then an erotic romance catches you pleasantly by surprise. Hermes Online is just such a book. Because we get to know the characters mostly through email and chat dialog, I expected them to feel under developed somehow, but I found the opposite to be true. We get a very steamy relationship right off the bat, full of fantastic dirty dialogue, and the best part is that it never feels rushed or forced. We really want this unconventional relationship to work out.
Michele Hart
I loved this book. This is wordsmithing. Ms. Anderson's style is poetic and visual. Who would not have fallen madly in love with S? I did. Don't miss this book. It reminded me to put poetry in my life. I'll be reading this book again, and I await more of Ms. Anderson's work with baited breath. Read this story. You'll love it.
DavinciKittie
I just finished this review for The Forbidden Bookshelf, so I'll post it here once it goes live there. =) Until then, I will just say... WOW. Totally unexpected - this blew me away. It is beautiful and charming and modern and, well, perfect.
Renee
Jul 17, 2011 Renee marked it as to-read
This story was great. It is a fun fantasy that’s smoking hot! A+ The plot was unique and flowed very fast. The characters are likeable and the plot keeps you reading until suddenly, you’ve finished it. Can’t wait for the next book from Ms. Anderson
D
I just finished this book last night. Holy cow. If you enjoy a steamy erotic romance I recommend Hermes Online by Rose Anderson. It's both heartfelt and very real. It makes you happy to be privy to the story unfolding. Great read. Can't say enough.
Sheila
The Project
Toni
Where to start…? It’s not often a story actually hits home but this one certainly did. It’s an erotic story to be sure, but in many ways, it’s also a very sweet love story…of a woman and her Prince Charming in this day of impersonal, Internet connections. Rose Anderson’s tale touched me because I met the man I love online, and though we never got as graphic as Vivienne and S, we chatted, we met, and we stayed together until he passed away.

This was one story I didn’t want to put down until it wa...more
Carla
Summary: Vivienne has been having a difficult time since finding her boyfriend in bed with another woman. It particularly didn’t help when he told her that she drove him to it since she was boring in bed. Now she feels sad, boring and unsexy. In an effort to cheer her up, a friend sends her a link to an adult literature site. Viv enjoys reading the stories and decides to submit an erotic story that she had written years ago. She is surprised to receive many positive comments on her piece. One co...more
Julz
WOW! what beautifully written story. I didn't want it to end. I have already recommended to all my friends to read. Thank you Rose Anderson
D
Feb 20, 2013 D rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks willing to embrace painful mediocrity for the sake of harmless contemporary romanceess
mediocre writing and wholly implausible denouement.

it's harmless, and at times cute, but there's really very little to recommend it.

skip.
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Kim White
Kim White marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Eva Mack
Eva Mack marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Lene
Lene marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Susan Child
Susan Child marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Nic
Nic added it
Sep 04, 2014
Gabriela Castro
Gabriela Castro marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
May 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
My Observations 1 3 May 20, 2013 09:31AM
Rose Anderson - The short version:

Rose Anderson is multi-published award-winning author and dilettante who loves great conversation and discovering interesting things to weave into stories. She lives with her family and small menagerie amid oak groves and prairie in the rolling glacial hills of the upper Midwest.

The long version:
More about Rose Anderson...
Dreamscape Loving Leonardo (Loving Leonardo, #1) Ashkewheteasu (The Witchy Wolf and the Wendigo, #1) The Quest (Loving Leonardo, #2) Enchanted Skye