Start by marking “Campfire Ghost Stories (Volume II)” as Want to Read:
Campfire Ghost Stories (Volume II)

Campfire Ghost Stories (Ghost House Books)

Spine-chilling tales of the paranormal designed to be read aloud to entertain your next fireside gathering. Includes coaching tips for sound effects and other hijinks, which will help make the read-aloud even more fun. These twenty stories include: An eccentric man tries in vain to prove to his friends and family that a monster lives under his bed. Three teenage sisters ...more
Published April 16th 2004 by Ghost House Books

To ask other readers questions about Campfire Ghost Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campfire Ghost Stories

Trevor Wells
Feb 05, 2015 Trevor Wells rated it it was amazing
This book is probably one of the best horror books I've ever read! The book is a series of 20 short horror stories which we very well-written. Here's my opinion on every story separately along with a brief synopsis:

You Are Here: A young boy becomes lost in the woods while camping with friends. Nicely written and has a great twist.
The Contract: A man finds out about a devastating agreement in his job contract. A mixture of sad and scary. One of the worst situations to be stuck in.
A Barrel Of Monk
Kayla
Nov 28, 2009 Kayla rated it it was ok
I too also found this book sad and depressing. A Fathers love is the scariest and saddest story, I think. It is scary because the creature reminds me of a chupacobre (Chu-pa-cob-ra), and sad because of the ending.
Kathrynn
Jul 04, 2009 Kathrynn rated it it was ok
We read this book to each other during a recent long road trip. Some stories were read aloud in the car, some in and outside of various establishments on our trip. For me, the stories were not scary, but depressing. Sad endings. I felt each story took entirely too long to set up. They are very short and the author could have eliminated the extraneous flap and erroneous details that never mattered in the overall story to firm them up.

My daughter enjoyed them (10) and perhaps they were intended fo
Dovie
May 28, 2014 Dovie rated it really liked it
The stories are short, creepy, and reasonably well-written. However, if you're looking for campfire stories presented as "real" events, pass on this book. Unlike the stories in many campfire books, the author never alleges that these stories took place or are based on real events. Also, some of the content is inappropriate for young children. So parents, screen the stories carefully before telling them to your little ones.
Paul Hellweg
Aug 16, 2009 Paul Hellweg rated it it was ok
To be honest, I read volume one of this series, but couldn't find it in the GoodReads data base. I read it on a recent 9-day solo backpacking trip, cross-country, miles away from the nearest trail or other people. Made for OK campfire reading. However, the stories are mostly predictable, not particularly scary, many are borrowed from old TV shows, nothing new here, and I'm not recommending this book.
Emily
Aug 05, 2014 Emily rated it liked it
Recommends it for: ya
Recommended to Emily by: found book at ranch
Found this book at a ranch that I was vacationing in. It was a fast...not very scary book filled with several short stories. If I were a middle schooler, I would probably find this a bit scary...especially if read at night by an actual campfire.
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2016
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Shawna Brooks
Shawna Brooks rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Lanasue Metzger
Lanasue Metzger rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2011
Kerrie Waters
Kerrie Waters rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Keagan
Keagan rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Amanda Pyrovolos
Amanda Pyrovolos rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Chantel
Chantel rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2012
Mandi Arey
Mandi Arey rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2013
Wilfred
Wilfred rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2012
Judith
Judith rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Bonnie Archuleta
Bonnie Archuleta rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Raissa Marie
Raissa Marie rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2012
Addie Gardner
Addie Gardner rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
♦Sarah♦Rockpelt♦
♦Sarah♦Rockpelt♦ rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2010
Nicholas James
Nicholas James rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2009
Ritika
Ritika rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Steven
Steven rated it did not like it
Dec 04, 2008
Courtney Wiche
Courtney Wiche rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Brooklyn Bartlett
Brooklyn Bartlett rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016

Ghost House Books (1 - 10 of 80 books)
  • Campfire Ghost Stories