Start by marking “X-Day, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
X-Day, Volume 1

X-Day, Volume 1 (X-Day #1)

It's senior year, and Rica is seriously stressed out. She's got more homework, exams, and papers than she can handle, and was recently dumped by her boyfriend. In other words: Life sucks One day, she's chatting online when she meets three classmates who hate school as much as she does. Together, they hatch a plan to blow up the school when no one is present. The countdown ...more
Published August 12th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about X-Day, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Day, Volume 1

Aravena Muhammad Yesa
Cerita tentang empat orang yang bertemu via ruang chat sekolah, dan membuat rencana untuk meledakkan gedung sekolah mereka…. kedengarannya thriller, tapi sebenarnya lebih menjurus drama psikologis.

Setelah membaca Heartbroken Chocolatier yang juga dibuat Setona Mizushiro (*berhenti sebentar untuk ngakak ngetawain Sota*), saya memang merasa beliau memiliki kemampuan menggambarkan karakter-karakter yang jujur, autentik, dan memiliki ‘cacat kepribadian’. Namun karakter-karakter tersebut tetap teras
Gusfina
--- X - Day 1-2 ---
Plot: Ok
Gambar: Thumb up untuk penggambaran ekspresi karakternya.
Penokohan: Sifat-sifat karakternya lumayan solid.

Apa ada yang pernah berpikir untuk menghancurkan gedung bernama "sekolah"?
Itulah tema utama X-Day.

Saya ingat betapa saya tertantang untuk mencoba membaca komik ini karena beberapa komentar buruk atau biasa-biasa saja yang kudengar. Waktu itu saya pun ikut berpikir ceritanya akan biasa-biasa saja-- dan itu salah besar.

Ceritanya disajikan dengan baik dengan tema yang
Elspeth
Aug 16, 2012 Elspeth rated it really liked it
This series is not a happy high school story. Its dark, bleak, with just a bit of bittersweet.
I love this authors way of writing a disturbingly beautiful, melancholy, and yet feel good story.
Charmaine
Apr 07, 2017 Charmaine rated it really liked it
This short manga series is a story that has a great grasp of it's character's psychology. Mizushiro's artwork and writing is uniquely beautiful and inspiring to me, this will definitely be added to my favorite manga shelf and I can see myself re-reading this story months from now.
Josephine  (reading in twilight)
My first instinct is to rate it 3 stars, but my deep sympathy with the characters, and the connection I felt, the satisfaction I recieved, despite this only being a 2 volume series, warrents at least one more star.

It's not as petty as the blurb would have you believe. But when life is shit, what would you do to escape? You can wreck havoc, destroy that which hurts you, or hurt yourself, or someone you love. So here is the premise: they plan to blow up the school, rather than suffer another day o
diaaah
Jan 21, 2017 diaaah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-paafacto
Actual score : 4,6 (dibulatkan).

This review are for entire volumes:

Pernah ga sih lo disakiti sampe rasanya pengen ngancurin dunia?

Saginuma Rika yang seorang atlet lompat tinggi mengalami cedera yang membuatnya tidak mau kembali. Seakan tak cukup, pacarnya meminta putus dan akhirnya jadian sama adik kelasnya yang juga ikut klub yang sama, bahkan atlet lompat tinggi juga.

Suatu hari Rika masuk ke sebuah chat room di ruang komputer sekolah, iseng. Tapi siapa yang menduga, obrolannya bersama tiga ora
Quintessa
May 10, 2015 Quintessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, owned-manga
I plowed through this manga in an hour, and I couldn't get enough of it. Semi-depressed senior Rika was the school's star athlete, and then things went downhill. Her boyfriend of three years dumps her, she gets injured and can't play sports, and no one seems to understand the saddness she feels.

One day she goes on a school chat room to kill some time, only to discover it's full of friendly people ranting about the school under clearly false screen names. After a (semi)pleasant ranting session, R
Nina
Apr 21, 2012 Nina rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, thriller
Warning: This review includes all volumes of this manga and may contain spoilers.

Four different people band together to blow up their school. I like the premise of this manga. Seemed unique and interesting enough. However, when reading the actual manga, I was a bit disappointed. I liked the start, but when we start learning about everyone's problems, I found that I got bored. I didn't like how the mangaka paired up the couples, either. I found it a bit cliche. I do like how Setona gives open end
Andrea Childers
Jul 13, 2016 Andrea Childers rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Rika is depressed after her life takes a few wrong turns. She meets 3 other people, who feel as equally bad as she does, in a chat room. The 4 depressed characters form a destructive friendship and a dark plan. It kept me intrigued and scared for these characters. They each have their own reasons for participating in this dark plan and they will all make you feel sympathetic. It kind of opens your eyes to the rest of the people, the ones you usually look past. And today, with all of the crime sp ...more
Alba
Jan 10, 2013 Alba rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Realmente me gustó este manga. ¿Porqué? Porque se sentía real. Podía tocar las emociones de estas chicos y su maestro y hasta en un punto estar de acuerdo con ellos, pero la verdad es que estaban exagerando. Destruir la escuela porque todos están estresados en ella. Bueno, la vida es para resolver problemas, de forma real, no de forma desesperada.
Cada uno va desarrollándose conforme la historia avanza y descubren que no estan solos y que pueden contar unos con otros. Lo que en mayor parte les f
Batsap
Aug 25, 2010 Batsap rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
What I like about Setona Mizushiro's writing is that she seems like she really remembers what it was like to be a teenager, when all of life's problems were melodramatic and everything was the end of the world. I also love her art and the sleepy expression of her characters, especially Rika.

The storyline of this was cute and clear to follow. I like the idea of a teacher wanting to blow up the school, as well as some of the pupils. The teacher and his hamster were very cute! Looking forward to re
Kathryn Leonard
Feb 09, 2014 Kathryn Leonard rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
I'd had a friend recommend this to me for my 50 books by women challenge when she found out I'd read almost no manga. From the description I wasn't sure if it was really up my alley, but I ended up enjoying it far more than I expected. I like the art, I like the characters, and the story seems interesting so far. I'll definitely give the next book in the series a read, too.
Ruth
Feb 01, 2009 Ruth rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
While rather soap operatic and melodramatic, the pacing manages to maintain itself and the characters are at least interesting, if a bit underdeveloped. I'm looking forward to how this short series will conclude.
yengyeng
Feb 07, 2010 yengyeng rated it liked it
Shelves: mangamania
What happens when a side-tracked track star, a loligoth, an abused teenage boy and a biology teacher meet in a highschool online chatroom? They plot to blow up the school, of course. Maybe they should have set up a Glee club instead. *snicker*
Kelly Mc
Aug 11, 2013 Kelly Mc rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite manga.
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 Jenn rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-artbooks
X-Day, Book 1 by Setona Mizushiro (2003)
Hyla-sen *
Oct 02, 2011 Hyla-sen * rated it it was amazing
I don't know how to explain it properly, reading this book, i really felt as i could start crying at some point. Doesn't matter if many people will never understand.
Izza
May 28, 2013 Izza rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I'm really sad this is only a 2 volume series :(
Snow
Jul 18, 2008 Snow rated it liked it
read for fun
Molly 'norman' yamamoto
Molly 'norman' yamamoto rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2012
James
James rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2010
Ren
Ren rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
Caitlin Ryan
Caitlin Ryan rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Ny
Ny rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Auiumn
Auiumn rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2009
Lana Del Slay
Lana Del Slay rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
  • Confidential Confessions, Volume 4
  • Doll, Volume 1
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 2 (Magical x Miracle, #2)
  • Flower of Life, Volume 1
  • Yellow, Volume 03
  • Tokyo Babylon, Vol. 1
  • Off*Beat Volume 1
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 20
  • Hibiki's Magic Volume 2
  • The Day of Revolution, Volume 02
320741
Mizushiro Setona (水城 せとな or 水城雪可奈) is a popular manga-ka (Japanese comics creator) who started out in the dōjinshi (self published manga) circles. Her first real dabble in the world of creating manga was in 1985 when she participated in the publication of a dōjinshi. She remained active in the dōjinshi world until her debut in 1993 with the short single "Fuyu ga Owarou Toshiteita" (Winter Was Endi ...more
More about Setona Mizushiro...

X-Day (2 books)