Steady Past Your Granny's

Steady Past Your Granny's

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Take a trip back to a different place and time. Where crowds of hunched and oddly dressed youths would probably be train-spotters, where you could have a reign of terror on a Sunday afternoon just by riding your cast-iron scooter across the blue brick pavement, and where the height of excitement on the street was getting two Beech Nut chewing gum packets on the fourth turn...more
Published (first published December 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Steady Past Your Granny's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steady Past Your Granny's

L.F. Falconer
Phillip Whiteland never fails to entertain, as is well proven in this, his first published collection of "nostalgedy" (which I, of course, read last). But the order the books are read in is not nearly important as the fact that they "should" be read by anyone desiring a good pick-me-up. Laughter is, after all, the best medicine, and Whiteland consistently delivers it in ample doses. His works are keepers and will be well worth a re-read in the future.
Steven Pemberton
Maybe it's because I'm too young to remember the era that most of the chapters are about, but I didn't find this as funny as I'd hoped. The author can get laughs out of everyday material - the chapters about hotel showers and queueing in a fish-and-chip shop are hilarious - but most of the chapters didn't really hit the spot for me.
Avid Reader
Disappointing! Too similar to 'A 1950s Childhood!
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Karen (Kew)
Karen (Kew) marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2011
Rick F.
Rick F. marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2011
Sarah added it
Oct 19, 2011
Nona
Nona marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
M T McGuire
M T McGuire marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2011
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2011