Start by marking “Arousing Suspicions” as Want to Read:
Arousing Suspicions

Arousing Suspicions (Darling Detectives #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  219 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Detective Nate Darling has put up with a lot of weird things since he's moved back to San Francisco—healing crystals, free range tofu, the SF Giants. But he's drawing the line at psychic dream interpretations.

Tabitha March claims she can see other people's dreams. In fact, she insists she "saw" a murder, and even provides Nate with explicit details of the crime. There's no
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Arousing Suspicions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arousing Suspicions

Saly
When I started reading this book I wasn't sure I hadn't read this one before mainly because I remember reading the other two Darling stories. The hero Nate is one we met in the second book of the Port Henry series. He has moved back home after twenty years to reconnect with his siblings. When his parents divorced he left with his dad while his elder brother and younger sister stayed behind. The reconnecting has been well difficult especially since his cop turned PI brother acts difficult.

On a co
ElaineY
Jul 17, 2008 ElaineY rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: touch-of-romance, mf
I wasn't too impressed with Stillings' earlier work, Damsel In Distress - my first book by the author but bought Arousing Suspicions after reading a few good reviews on it.

I'm still shaking my head wondering how this book got such good ratings and amazed that in this day and age of the romantic suspense genre, authors are still giving us TSTL heroines and heroes who fall for them. Even harder for me to believe there were readers who thought the heroine was smart!

Why on earth would an author let
Kassandra
I very much enjoyed Tabitha and Nate's story. Here's my thing, when binge reading Marianne Stillings, while the stories are cute and fluffy they are very much the same. It's very...man hating - self deprecating. Some of the things Nate says "just being a disgusting male" makes me wince, while its meant to be funny, it's kinda makes you think "Well why would she want to be with him in that case?"

Overall it's a cute story, much like the Port Henry series and a good start to the Darling Sibling ser
Amy
Mar 10, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Romance -- Tabby March claims she can see other person's dreams, but she must physically touch the person (and not an item of theirs) in order to see what the person has dreamed about.

With one of her clients, she insists that she has seen a murder and is able to provide the police with explicit details of the crime.

Enter Inspector Nate Darling. Nate's seen a lot of things in his life, but psychic dream interpretations?

Soon there is another murder and then it looks like the killer has
Lhenry
Apr 06, 2012 Lhenry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was ok. I finished it but just didn't connect with the characters. I figured out the villain very quickly and there was no suspense in how that villain would be caughy. I had a problem with Nate not believing in the psychic abilities of Tabitha when even for a skeptic it seemed like there was ample proof.
Sumit
Jul 12, 2015 Sumit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lib-bks
very interesting concept..........
Tabby is a dream interpreter and has a haunting backstory. Loved the suspense.
A great read :)
Shannon
It wasn't bad, although parts of it were a little far-fetched. And I'm not referring to the psychic dream stuff, either!
ChloeLeeNH
May 10, 2009 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Stillings writing style. Another great blend of sexual tension, mystery and humor. Another thumbs up :)
Katie
Jun 27, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, a very sexy book and loved the suspense and murder aspect as well. Very good combo, need more books like this
Purple Iris
Mar 01, 2011 Purple Iris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Do not recommend this book or writer to anyone, really. Just meh. Good mindless read for the plane, though.
Katie
Jan 05, 2009 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-09
I liked this book. It follows two others and Nate Darling sounds like a darling guy... :)
Lois
Jun 16, 2011 Lois rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love rereading this series... sure wish there were more books by her! :)
Anya
Jun 24, 2012 Anya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect no-brains-needed read for a rainy afternoon.
Ann brown
great book to a start off with the Darling Series
Lieselot
Feb 27, 2012 Lieselot rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nederlandstalige versie
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Laura added it
Jan 29, 2016
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 09, 2016
Modesty_b
Modesty_b rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Everett
Everett rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Intimate Danger
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • Ace Is Wild
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • Finding Strength
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • Something Wicked
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Last Girl Dancing
Marianne entered the world in the usual way, eleven days before Christmas way back in Nineteen, uh, something. The first child born to a Santa Barbara, California heating and sheet metal contractor and a former “Rosie” (as in WWII airplane riveter), Marianne was named after a character in a book. Hmm. Auspicious? A harbinger, foreshadowing things to come?
Superfluous fact: Marianne doesn't have a
More about Marianne Stillings...

Darling Detectives (3 books)
  • Satisfaction