Start by marking “Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Wrecked

Wrecked (Regan Reilly Mystery #13)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,913 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
The book opens on Cape Cod. Regan’s husband, Jack “no relation Reilly” is one of six children. His three sisters, two brothers, and their children often gather at Jack’s parents’ vacation home on Cape Cod. Regan and Jack join the Reilly clan for a simple family vacation on the Cape; but it turns out to be something quite different.

Following on the heels of Cursed, Carol’s
Audio, 0 pages
Published April 13th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Diane
May 17, 2010 Diane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Wrecked is the latest in the Regan Reilly series by Carol Higgins Clark. I liked the other books in the series. However, this one was terrible. It used too many farfetched coincidences that were sometimes clues and sometimes red herrings but never believable. Worse, it had no real mystery for the reader to solve. The book was written from several characters’ points of view. One of them is the protagonist so the reader is just waiting for Jack and Regan to catch up with what the reader has alread ...more
Deborah Ideiosepius
A pleasant enough little fiction, an undemanding light read (it took me less than a day to get through).

Two people go to a remote summer cottage in winter to celebrate their first anniversary. Whatshisname and whatshername are barely there when a dead body appears, then vanishes (I gather this sort of thing happens to them a lot) and a storm deposits two gossipy busybody neighbors in the cottage with them for the duration. Had the romantically challenged couple been in any way upset about this,
May 08, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Wow. If one of my students had written this, it would have gotten an Approaching. There was absolutely no character development, and the plot was sketchy at best. The only reason it got 2 stars instead of 1 is the weight of the series, but I really don't think that this installment added anything. Perhaps it is time to retire Regan Reilly.
Carrie
Sep 04, 2010 Carrie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was horrible. How it can even be called literature is beyond me!
Michelle
Aug 12, 2010 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
not the greatest one at all would not waste my time picking it up.
Hyacinth
Dec 17, 2015 Hyacinth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of both Higgins writers. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. My heart went out to Adele. It seemed she just had a string of bad luck. Skip was just a misfortunate lot. Fran and Ginny was a hot mess but Floyd? It climaxed kind of quickly for me. I would have liked to at least hear some resolution with Floyd. I liked the concluding touch with Regan and Jack though and I would love to eat at Fern's, lol.
Joi
Apr 19, 2015 Joi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, wat2
Quick mystery read. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.
Sheila Majczan
Mar 21, 2015 Sheila Majczan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know that I would call this a mystery as the author lets the reader know just about everything that is going on in all the different camps. There are many humorous moments. The mystery is for the main characters to solve; not only for Regan and Jack but for the handyman, Skip, who is suffering from a lot of guilt, in that while he ran for help, Adele Hopkins' body washed away in the storm seas, for the nosy Brewer sisters, who consider the deceased a rude and unfriendly neighbor, and due ...more
Roxann
May 27, 2014 Roxann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This is number 13 in a series about Regan Reilly.
Regan and her husband Jack are celebrating their one year anniversary at the family’s vacation home on Cape Cod. A neighbor, Adele Hopkins disappears during a storm which interrupts the plans of Regan and her husband, Jack. The caretaker, Skip, finds the body of Adele, but by the time he returns with help, Adele is gone and everyone fears she has been swept out to sea. While trying to locate Adele's next of kin, clues start to surface that sugges
Paula
Jun 13, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining romp with the Reilly's who I know from other novels. Details were dribbled out so you couldn't guess the whole story plot or who the villian was until close to the end. I enjoy reading a series of novels with the same characters who are progressing thru life, it's troubles, triumphs and day to day stuff. A PI married to a NYPD major case squad leader lends itself to many many stories. I look forward to reading them all.
Kelly
Feb 05, 2013 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I toyed between rating this book a 1 or a 2, but due to the amount of times I reverted back to my middle school days by rolling my eyes, I simply could not get past numero uno. I have not read any other books in this series, so perhaps those are better. However, I will never know because this one was enough for me.
Steven
Feb 13, 2015 Steven rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had a variety of complaints about this book, although the plot was interesting enough, as was the resolution.

A week later, the complaint that stays with me is that the reader of the audio book ruined it for me. To avoid wounding her and having to send her apology cards and embroidered throw pillows, let's just say, no one expects a woman reader to do male voices with the same pitch as a man. This reader took on a number of annoying affectations, but the voices she gave to the men in the book
Tanja
Oct 08, 2010 Tanja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It is unfair to only give it two stars, but compared to the other books I have read recently I felt that this was very superficial. It was a quick read without really any mystery to it. I have read Clark's books before and was hoping for something a little more clever.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I look forward to the Reilly family mysteries each time. This book was no disappointment to me. The mysteries were tightly written and very interesting. I highly recommend this series to those who love suspense.
Erin
Jul 22, 2010 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Another cute entry into a series of mysteries that I love. The plot of these books is pretty standard but I love Regan and Jack and enjoy reading the books. It is a quick and enjoyable read.
Joanne
Jun 02, 2010 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoy this author and have to keep reading until the book is finished. Especially enjoy her Regan Reilly series and hope another one is published shortly.
Darlene Wilson
Nov 24, 2010 Darlene Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regan Reilly and Jack celebrate their first wedding anniversary - in Cape Cod - not without suspense, humour, romance. Enjoyable read - - -
Julie
May 11, 2016 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries-cozy
Regan and her husband Jack are celebrating their one year anniversary and go to his parents' house in Cape Cod. A severe storm causes some problems: some nosy neighbors need to stay with them because their house is wrecked, the caretaker of the house seems to be doing strange things, and now a new neighbor may have been swept out to sea. Can Jack & Regan solve the mystery and get some peace and quiet?

This book follows the same format as previous. Even though these involve a private investiga
Amanda
Jun 14, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to agree with some of the reviews that I read before picking up the book. The book didn't have much of character development but when you look at the book as a whole, it worked well. The thought to be dead woman kept to herself and didn't really speak to anyone (how could you develop her very well)?
Tome the characters who carried the book and made it entertaining was Fran and Ginny. You could not get more small town USA than those two. They were the reason I had to finish the book. Growi
Susan Ashcraft
Carol Higgins Clark - Wrecked

Regan Reilly and her husband Jack travel to his parents vacation home on the beach at Cape Cod for their 1 year anniversary. They look forward to a wonderfully relaxing weekend where they can be alone together. Their only set plan is dinner reservations at an exclusive restaurant where the chef cooks only 12 entrees per night. The rest of their time is to be spent relaxing together with no work intruding (Regan is a P.I. and Jack is the head of Major Crimes Division
Creature
Nov 08, 2011 Creature rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello My dear Bibliophiles:
It's not often I get to read a mystery but when I do I have been lucky enough to pick stories that turn out very good (at least for me). Case in point, I'd seen this book several times over about a month-and-a-half period and found myself drawn to the cover. A beach house being assaulted by a raging storm. What's not to like?!? After about three weeks of deliberation (between me, myself, and I...)
"Ah, Creature, Gorblie says you forgot him."
Oh excuse me while I take
Ellen Moore
Feb 15, 2016 Ellen Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was an interesting book but aggravating because of several of the characters. Regan and Jack were trying to celebrate their first wedding anniversary at his parents' beautiful beachfront home on Cape Cod--alone. However, nosy neighbors moved in with them; and investigating the apparent accidental death and disappearance of another neighbor occupied much of their time. They seemed to have no time alone together. (I think they need to learn to just say no!)
Lauren
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this book. I read it pretty quickly, it kept my interest throughout, but I'm not sure if I loved it, liked it, or was meh about it. It's the first Carol Higgins Clark/Regan Reilly story I've read and I'm definitely still willing to/kind of enthusiastic about reading more. Guess I'll reserve final judgement til I read more of the series.

After reading the first two books in this series, I can state that this was an improvement upon Decked and Snagged. Hopefu
Pat Buzby
I picked this book because I thought it was Mary Higgins Clark, but when I looked closer at home I realized this was her daughters mystery series. I acutally listened to this one on my commute to work this week. The drive goes faster when I have something other than the radio to listen to. This was a light easy mystery, in the same vein as an Angela Lansbury Murder She Wrote, but still entertaining.
Donna
Nov 07, 2015 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay. Nothing really grabbed me or made it a page turner. Based on the title I thought it would be. That is not necessarily a bad thing either. It made it for a easy read, not too serious and had some funny moments. Clean writing (no cussing). I admire that in an author! I will read another in the series. I am not into scary books anyway so the book was relaxing to read.
Kate
May 03, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book- it kept me going from start to finish, and was so entertaining that I can forgive the somewhat ridiculous plot wrap up and ending.

The book takes place on Cape Cod during a stormy weekend. Reagan and her husband go to the Cape for a weekend getaway at an oceanfront home. They are celebrating their anniversary and hope to spend some time alone, but all that changes when their next door neighbor's body is found on shore. When they rush down to the beach to see if she's alr
Katy
Nov 05, 2014 Katy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regan and Jack Riley celebrate their first anniversary at his parents'cottage on Cape Cod. That weekend has havoc caused by a terrible storm, a woman who is presumed to be washed out to sea, a remorseful young man who couldn't save her, and busybody neighbors, as well a shopkeepers with a vendetta against an old boss.
Catherine
Regan and Jack go visit his family's house on the coast only to have a storm bring in nosy neighbors, caretaker who feels responsible for a reclusive neighbor's death and a traveling theater company into their lives. Romance and alone time may be lacking, but this is a fun, engaging read that I'd recommend on a rainy day!
Abbie Criswell
Apr 16, 2013 Abbie Criswell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol Higgins Clark always has a way of keeping the reader intrigued, especially in the Regan Reilly Mysteries. Every book in this series has its own creative plot or situation, but they all have the same intense writings that hooks the reader. I really like this series, and "Wrecked" is just one of many apart of it.

"Wrecked" is is about Regan and Jack Riley, who are spending the weekend in Cape Cod to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. Expecting a nice quiet weekend along the beach,
Diane Wachter
Mar 01, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wrecked, Regan Reilly, Bk 13, Carol Higgins Clark, HB-B, @ 2010, 7/10. While Regan and Jack Reilly are celebrating their 1st anniversary at his parents Cape Cod home, a woman renting a neighboring home is thought to have been washed out to sea in a major storm. Good twists.
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News, #7)
  • Valentine Mice!
  • What You Wish For
  • Freestyle with Avery
  • Moon River and Me: A Memoir
  • Dinner at Mr. Jefferson's: Three Men, Five Great Wines, and the Evening that Changed America
  • Murder Your Darlings (An Algonquin Round Table Mystery #1)
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)