Start by marking “Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Wrecked

Wrecked (Regan Reilly Mystery #13)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  1,607 ratings  ·  182 reviews
Private Investigator Regan Reilly and her husband, Jack "no relation" Reilly, head of the NYPD Major Case Squad, are about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. They are looking forward to a quiet romantic weekend out of town. Wouldn’t you know their choice of destination provides them with anything but!

Regan and Jack had considered going to Bermuda, but instead t
Audio, 0 pages
Published April 13th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Diane
May 17, 2010 Diane rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Wrecked is the latest in the Regan Reilly series by Carol Higgins Clark. I liked the other books in the series. However, this one was terrible. It used too many farfetched coincidences that were sometimes clues and sometimes red herrings but never believable. Worse, it had no real mystery for the reader to solve. The book was written from several characters’ points of view. One of them is the protagonist so the reader is just waiting for Jack and Regan to catch up with what the reader has alread ...more
Wow. If one of my students had written this, it would have gotten an Approaching. There was absolutely no character development, and the plot was sketchy at best. The only reason it got 2 stars instead of 1 is the weight of the series, but I really don't think that this installment added anything. Perhaps it is time to retire Regan Reilly.
Carrie
This book was horrible. How it can even be called literature is beyond me!
Michelle
not the greatest one at all would not waste my time picking it up.
Roxann
This is number 13 in a series about Regan Reilly.
Regan and her husband Jack are celebrating their one year anniversary at the family’s vacation home on Cape Cod. A neighbor, Adele Hopkins disappears during a storm which interrupts the plans of Regan and her husband, Jack. The caretaker, Skip, finds the body of Adele, but by the time he returns with help, Adele is gone and everyone fears she has been swept out to sea. While trying to locate Adele's next of kin, clues start to surface that sugges
Paula
Entertaining romp with the Reilly's who I know from other novels. Details were dribbled out so you couldn't guess the whole story plot or who the villian was until close to the end. I enjoy reading a series of novels with the same characters who are progressing thru life, it's troubles, triumphs and day to day stuff. A PI married to a NYPD major case squad leader lends itself to many many stories. I look forward to reading them all.
Kelly
I toyed between rating this book a 1 or a 2, but due to the amount of times I reverted back to my middle school days by rolling my eyes, I simply could not get past numero uno. I have not read any other books in this series, so perhaps those are better. However, I will never know because this one was enough for me.
Tanja
It is unfair to only give it two stars, but compared to the other books I have read recently I felt that this was very superficial. It was a quick read without really any mystery to it. I have read Clark's books before and was hoping for something a little more clever.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I look forward to the Reilly family mysteries each time. This book was no disappointment to me. The mysteries were tightly written and very interesting. I highly recommend this series to those who love suspense.
Erin
Another cute entry into a series of mysteries that I love. The plot of these books is pretty standard but I love Regan and Jack and enjoy reading the books. It is a quick and enjoyable read.
Joanne
Always enjoy this author and have to keep reading until the book is finished. Especially enjoy her Regan Reilly series and hope another one is published shortly.
Darlene Wilson
Regan Reilly and Jack celebrate their first wedding anniversary - in Cape Cod - not without suspense, humour, romance. Enjoyable read - - -
Susan Ashcraft
Carol Higgins Clark - Wrecked

Regan Reilly and her husband Jack travel to his parents vacation home on the beach at Cape Cod for their 1 year anniversary. They look forward to a wonderfully relaxing weekend where they can be alone together. Their only set plan is dinner reservations at an exclusive restaurant where the chef cooks only 12 entrees per night. The rest of their time is to be spent relaxing together with no work intruding (Regan is a P.I. and Jack is the head of Major Crimes Division
Creature
Hello My dear Bibliophiles:
It's not often I get to read a mystery but when I do I have been lucky enough to pick stories that turn out very good (at least for me). Case in point, I'd seen this book several times over about a month-and-a-half period and found myself drawn to the cover. A beach house being assaulted by a raging storm. What's not to like?!? After about three weeks of deliberation (between me, myself, and I...)
"Ah, Creature, Gorblie says you forgot him."
Oh excuse me while I take
Grace Herbst
Lauren
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this book. I read it pretty quickly, it kept my interest throughout, but I'm not sure if I loved it, liked it, or was meh about it. It's the first Carol Higgins Clark/Regan Reilly story I've read and I'm definitely still willing to/kind of enthusiastic about reading more. Guess I'll reserve final judgement til I read more of the series.

After reading the first two books in this series, I can state that this was an improvement upon Decked and Snagged. Hopefu
Kate
I really loved this book- it kept me going from start to finish, and was so entertaining that I can forgive the somewhat ridiculous plot wrap up and ending.

The book takes place on Cape Cod during a stormy weekend. Reagan and her husband go to the Cape for a weekend getaway at an oceanfront home. They are celebrating their anniversary and hope to spend some time alone, but all that changes when their next door neighbor's body is found on shore. When they rush down to the beach to see if she's alr
Katy
Regan and Jack Riley celebrate their first anniversary at his parents'cottage on Cape Cod. That weekend has havoc caused by a terrible storm, a woman who is presumed to be washed out to sea, a remorseful young man who couldn't save her, and busybody neighbors, as well a shopkeepers with a vendetta against an old boss.
Catherine
Regan and Jack go visit his family's house on the coast only to have a storm bring in nosy neighbors, caretaker who feels responsible for a reclusive neighbor's death and a traveling theater company into their lives. Romance and alone time may be lacking, but this is a fun, engaging read that I'd recommend on a rainy day!
Abbie Criswell
Carol Higgins Clark always has a way of keeping the reader intrigued, especially in the Regan Reilly Mysteries. Every book in this series has its own creative plot or situation, but they all have the same intense writings that hooks the reader. I really like this series, and "Wrecked" is just one of many apart of it.

"Wrecked" is is about Regan and Jack Riley, who are spending the weekend in Cape Cod to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. Expecting a nice quiet weekend along the beach,
Mary
Well, this is number 16 in a series that I think I have read all of them. This was pretty good, not one of the better ones I have read from Carol Higgins Clark. Regan and Jack are celebrating their first wedding Anniversary on old Cape Cod Bay. Jack's parents own a house on the Cape and know most of their neighbors. The house next door to them has been rented for the winter to a woman who does not like to bother with others on the Cape. The weekent does not go as well as Regan and Jack would lik ...more
Janet Hatch
Wrecked was very enjoyable

Wrecked was very enjoyable

Carol Higgins Clark has continued on her great writing in Wrecked. The Regan Reilly series has been an enjoyable experience and always fun to read.
Laren
Reagan Reilly and her new husband Jack plan a weekend away for just the two of them to celebrate their one year anniversary. Of course they find themselves embroiled in another mysterious situation. This time a storm hits the beachfront area and it appears that a neighbor has hit her head. When the body disappears from the discovery site, it is initially presumed that she had fallen into the sea and drowned. But of course, Reagan & Jack become suspicious of the situation once they get more i ...more
Faye
I actually finished this book in the hopes that it might get better but I was disappointed. The dialogue didn't seem natural and very stilted. The story line also felt very choppy and didn't flow well.
cocktailsatfive
Adele Hopkins disappears during a storm on Cape Cod, which interrupts the plans of Regan and her husband, Jack Reilly, who have come to celebrate their first anniversary at his family's vacation home on the island. The caretaker, Skip, finds the body of Adele, but by the time he returns with help, Adele is gone and everyone fears she has been swept out to sea. While trying to locate Adele's next of kin, clues start to surface that suggest Adele may have been the victim of foul play instead.

Whil
Valley Cottage Library
SUMMER READING CLUB: "Not a very complex mystery novel. Easy reading with likeable, recurring characters. Storyline could have and should have been developed more. Predictable."

SUMMER READING CLUB: "The latest Regan Reilly myster takes place at the Reilly family beach home at Cape Cod on Jack & Reagan's 1st anniversary. Full of twists and turns. It's what we've come to expect from the author."- Ann Marie Homecki

SUMMER READING CLUB: "I've read this author's works in the past and wondered how
Beth Vanda
Sometimes you want just a lite romp in reading but this one had waaayyyy too convoluted a series of plots - tooo many words, not enough depth.
Linda
Linda S. Lolli
Quick read

Good storyline.I really enjoyed reading this book. It's a fast book to read which I like every now and again
Betty Kurtz
Mystery

a very entertaining light. not too involved and fun.One to get under a comfy afghan with a warm drink and enjoy
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)
  • Dinner at Mr. Jefferson's: Three Men, Five Great Wines, and the Evening that Changed America
  • What You Wish For
  • Moon River and Me: A Memoir
  • One Frog Too Many
  • Murder at the Academy Awards: A Red Carpet Murder Mystery
  • Bloodline (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #2)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9) Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2) Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)