Start by marking “Greek Myths and Legends” as Want to Read:
Greek Myths and Legends

Greek Myths and Legends

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  201 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
-- A fascinating introduction to the world of mythology-- Brief outlines of all of the most famous stories-- Ideal source of inspiration for role-playing games
Published December 1st 1986 by E.D.C. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Greek Myths and Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greek Myths and Legends

Andrew
Oct 27, 2013 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok to start off with I will declare that I read this more for the artwork on Rodney Matthews - it is neither an excuse or a justification just that is what drew me to this book.

The book itself is a fun introduction to the world of greek myths and legends- it has lively illustration (which of course is what caught my eye) and some interesting interpretations.

The whole thing about the world of myths and legends is that they are interwoven and interconnected - so of course there are personal inter
V
Jul 02, 2012 V rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to read this over and over when I was young. The illustrations by Rodney Matthews were gorgeous, and the various legends were captivating. (:
Jane Baldwin
Sep 29, 2011 Jane Baldwin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second copy I have purchased for my classroom. We wore out the first one! Great summaries, but the best part is the glossary with condensed details on each and every personality.
Gabriella Ramirez
Loved this when I was younger and still do. Gave me so much information on Greek mythology :)
Kelly Lawrence
Jul 09, 2013 Kelly Lawrence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

The illustrations are beautifully done and the book has a lot of information on our favourite Gods and heroes. I loved the 'Who's Who' section of the book at the end, particularly how you pronounce each characters name.
The only reason this book didn't get 5 stars from me was because I noticed a few times in the book where they actually had the Roman name for a Greek god. In the 'Who's Who' section they do list the Roman name if that character has a Roman counterpart but during the book Hade
Jada
Jan 07, 2013 Jada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, paperback
I liked it, except for one thing. This one thing really irritated me, they called Hades 'Pluto' throughout. I know that is one of his names, but Hades is much more well-known.
Georgia Cummins
Jun 30, 2011 Georgia Cummins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoughly enjoyed the book as that's what I enjoy.
[Name Redacted]
Oct 15, 2010 [Name Redacted] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
A childhood favorite with wonderful, vibrant art.
Dominika Kaníková
Jan 18, 2014 Dominika Kaníková rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, history
From this book i learned so many informations about greek mythology. Also it have interesting ilustrations.
Oct 14, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice basic intro into Greek Mythology--written in an easy-to-read, unintimidating style, yet it doesn't have that 'dumbed down' feeling either.
Amanda Day
This is a book that gives a breif summary about the important myths and ledgends in Greek Mythology. It talks about the different characters,their relationships, and their actions.
Da-Eun
Apr 18, 2015 Da-Eun is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is informational
David
Feb 11, 2010 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A good review of what I should have learned in English.
Gergana
When I was little, I used to draw paper dolls of the Greek Gods and Heroes, cut them out and play with them...that's how obsessed I was with the mythology!
Lisa
Apr 05, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
a simple and fun introduction to Greek Mythology for folks just getting started...and the illustrations are great!
Abby Thorne
A simple coverage of the Greek myths for kids, complete with pictures.
Lori
Mar 14, 2016 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
Good source for Norse myths. The Greek stories are very brief and often quite different than other standard sources.
Linden
Apr 11, 2015 Linden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its good.i cant say it is the truest greek myths.
Andrew Hryhirchuk
I remember this book from when I was a kid. I'm in my home town an I just went to the little library THIS BOOK WAS THIS THERE!
So excited!
This is my childhood
Dayna Smith
Dec 11, 2011 Dayna Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
A wonderful introduction to Greek Mythology. The illustrations are magnificent.
Sreten Jevtic
Jun 04, 2013 Sreten Jevtic is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1
Interesting
Natalie
This is an amazing book. I really liked that the book is about my favorite subject: mythology. It is one of the best mythology books ever. My favorite god is Ares.
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2009
Connor
Connor rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2009
Eve
Eve rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Ivan Zhivkov
Ivan Zhivkov rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Dina
Dina rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Mr Peter Heasman
Mr Peter Heasman rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Bicycle Man (Sandpiper)
  • Myths of Greece and Rome
  • Tales of Troy and Greece
  • The Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History
  • The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia
  • We Fought Back Teen Resisters of the Holocaust
  • Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr.
  • The Greek Myths: Vol. 2