Start by marking “Greek Myths and Legends” as Want to Read:
Greek Myths and Legends

Greek Myths and Legends

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  21 reviews
-- A fascinating introduction to the world of mythology-- Brief outlines of all of the most famous stories

-- Ideal source of inspiration for role-playing games
Library Binding, 64 pages
Published December 28th 1986 by E.D.C. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Greek Myths and Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greek Myths and Legends

Andrew
Ok to start off with I will declare that I read this more for the artwork on Rodney Matthews - it is neither an excuse or a justification just that is what drew me to this book.

The book itself is a fun introduction to the world of greek myths and legends- it has lively illustration (which of course is what caught my eye) and some interesting interpretations.

The whole thing about the world of myths and legends is that they are interwoven and interconnected - so of course there are personal inter
Jane Baldwin
This is the second copy I have purchased for my classroom. We wore out the first one! Great summaries, but the best part is the glossary with condensed details on each and every personality.
V
I used to read this over and over when I was young. The illustrations by Rodney Matthews were gorgeous, and the various legends were captivating. (:
Kelly Lawrence
4.5/5

The illustrations are beautifully done and the book has a lot of information on our favourite Gods and heroes. I loved the 'Who's Who' section of the book at the end, particularly how you pronounce each characters name.
The only reason this book didn't get 5 stars from me was because I noticed a few times in the book where they actually had the Roman name for a Greek god. In the 'Who's Who' section they do list the Roman name if that character has a Roman counterpart but during the book Hade
Abby Thorne
A simple coverage of the Greek myths for kids, complete with pictures.
linden matthews
its good.i cant say it is the truest greek myths.
Da-Eun
Apr 18, 2015 Da-Eun is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is informational
Amanda Day
This is a book that gives a breif summary about the important myths and ledgends in Greek Mythology. It talks about the different characters,their relationships, and their actions.
Jada
I liked it, except for one thing. This one thing really irritated me, they called Hades 'Pluto' throughout. I know that is one of his names, but Hades is much more well-known.
Natalie
This is an amazing book. I really liked that the book is about my favorite subject: mythology. It is one of the best mythology books ever. My favorite god is Ares.
Andrew Hryhirchuk
I remember this book from when I was a kid. I'm in my home town an I just went to the little library THIS BOOK WAS THIS THERE!
So excited!
This is my childhood
A very nice basic intro into Greek Mythology--written in an easy-to-read, unintimidating style, yet it doesn't have that 'dumbed down' feeling either.
Lisa
a simple and fun introduction to Greek Mythology for folks just getting started...and the illustrations are great!
Dominika Kaníková
From this book i learned so many informations about greek mythology. Also it have interesting ilustrations.
Claire
Not bad.....I am now boring people with all the usless facts that i have discovered.
Dayna Smith
A wonderful introduction to Greek Mythology. The illustrations are magnificent.
Stephanie
cool. i esp. liked the ending, where it told you the whos who
Georgia Cummins
I thoughly enjoyed the book as that's what I enjoy.
David
A good review of what I should have learned in English.
[Name Redacted]
A childhood favorite with wonderful, vibrant art.
Sreten Jevtic
Jun 04, 2013 Sreten Jevtic is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1
Interesting
Moji Abedin
Moji Abedin marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Kahlo Friel-Asay
Kahlo Friel-Asay marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Anna  (Bananas!)
Anna (Bananas!) marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Dana
Dana added it
Jul 03, 2015
Lize
Lize marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
  • The Bicycle Man
  • Oh My Gods!: A Look-It-Up Guide to the Gods of Mythology (Mythlopedia)
  • Myths of Greece and Rome
  • William Shakespeare & the Globe
  • Encyclopedia of World Mythology
  • Into the Unknown: How Great Explorers Found Their Way by Land, Sea, and Air
  • The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia
  • Knots on a Counting Rope
  • Awful Egyptians
  • Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr.
  • The Greek Myths: Vol. 2
  • We Fought Back Teen Resisters of the Holocaust
  • Tales of Troy and Greece
  • Myths of the Greeks and Romans
  • Greek Myths
  • The Tale of Troy: Retold from the Ancient Authors
  • Why the Sun and the Moon Live in the Sky
  • Captain Underpants:  The Complete Collection
The Usborne Book of Greek and Norse Legends Usborne Illustrated Guide to Norse Myths and Legends (Usborne Illustrated Guide to) Acting & Theatre The Usborne Book Of Dressing Up The Usborne Complete Book of Magic