Start by marking “The Irish Village Murder (Torrey Tunet, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Irish Village Murder (Torrey Tunet, #4)

The Irish Village Murder (Torrey Tunet #4)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  119 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Despite County Wicklow's dismal autumn rain, American translator Torrey Tunet is happy to be back in Ireland after a European assignment. She's longing for a lovely peat fire in her Ballynagh cottage when she spots a forlorn child fresh off the Dublin bus with no one to meet her. Reluctantly taking charge of delivering the child to Gwathney Hall, Torrey walks right into tr ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Minotaur Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Irish Village Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Irish Village Murder

Richard Derus
Aug 16, 2014 Richard Derus rated it liked it
Rating: 3* of five

The Publisher Says: Despite County Wicklow's dismal autumn rain, American translator Torrey Tunet is happy to be back in Ireland after a European assignment. She's longing for a lovely peat fire in her Ballynagh cottage when she spots a forlorn child fresh off the Dublin bus with no one to meet her. Reluctantly taking charge of delivering the child to Gwathney Hall, Torrey walks right into trouble. Historian John Gwathney has just been brutally gunned down, and the child's beau
Colleen
Apr 30, 2008 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Colleen by: Eileen
I enjoyed this book. I read about half of it over the course of one day. I like the super short chapters and the way the author writes. She accomplishes a lot in a couple of paragraphs. I will likely read more from her series. I also enjoyed the witty Irish dialogue.

Therese Gilardi
Sep 03, 2013 Therese Gilardi rated it really liked it
i like the characters, i love the setting - having lived in ireland, i'm amazed that a non-irish woman was able to nail the atmosphere. but the end of the book ... why that fifth star's not ticked. i just could not believe some of the twists to the plot. having said that, the author did a fantastic job of throwing out a lot of false leads.
Corky
Jan 03, 2011 Corky rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2011
Easy to read, fun cozy set in a quaint Irish village with all the requisite quaint Irish characters. Protagonist Torrey, an American interpreter living in Ireland makes the story. She knows what the local gardia should be doing, even if they don't, or shall we say - when they don't?
Grey853
Feb 11, 2015 Grey853 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Cat Kwiatkowski
Nov 09, 2015 Cat Kwiatkowski rated it really liked it
Always a great read! This is my third time reading this book, and I was just as enthralled as the first time.
Joan
May 26, 2015 Joan rated it it was amazing
Reading out of order as I found at library #3 and 4. Really enjoyed and will read the others.
Jane Chizmar
Nov 27, 2014 Jane Chizmar rated it it was amazing
Great read/ Keeping the book to read again in the future.
Peter Thompson
Oct 11, 2014 Peter Thompson rated it liked it
Enjoyable little book. Nothing extraordinary, but I enjoyed it enough to seek out another of the author's books.
Linda
Sep 06, 2015 Linda rated it it was ok
maybe be cause this wasn't the first one, but I think the characters need more development.
Martina Kopel
Aug 13, 2014 Martina Kopel rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Mary
Jul 11, 2012 Mary rated it liked it
Kind of a disappointment but I just can't figure out why for sure. Maybe it was that I figured out the mysteries early in the book. Maybe it was because of the choppy dialogue (characters were constantly interrupting themselves, if that makes sense). Maybe it was because of the unnecessarily detailed descriptions of what everyone was wearing. Probably won't read another book by this author.
Ginny
May 03, 2014 Ginny rated it it was amazing
First book I've read by Dicey Deere. Very pleasantly surprised....couldn't put it down... Can't wait to read the next one..
Marsha
Aug 10, 2010 Marsha rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good, but not great. As I've said about this author, it's the characters... It's hard to feel much more than mild interest in what they are doing.
Sandy
Apr 19, 2009 Sandy rated it it was ok
Reasonably entertaining mystery taking place in contemporary County Wicklow in Ireland. Good characters and interesting twist at the end.
Katherine
not the best of the for but good ending.
Jeanne
Sep 12, 2011 Jeanne rated it liked it
cute little mystery to pass the time
Jackie
Jackie added it
Jul 21, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Tammer Galal
Tammer Galal marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
deborah tremayne
deborah tremayne rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Joanna
Joanna is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2016
LynnB
LynnB rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2016
Maureen Gallagher
Maureen Gallagher rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Deianira Padgett
Deianira Padgett rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Sinister Sense (Raven's Nest, #2)
  • Death Runs Adrift (A Gray Whale Inn Mystery #6)
  • Silent Night (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #5)
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • O Come Ye Back to Ireland: Our First Year in County Clare
  • Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show (A Novel of Ireland, #1)
  • The Tavern on Maple Street
  • Murder on the Lusitania (George Porter Dillman & Genevieve Masefield, #1)
  • Bonefire of the Vanities (Sarah Booth Delaney #12)
  • Tempest in the Tea Leaves (A Fortune Teller Mystery, #1)
  • End of Term
  • Dead Water (Roderick Alleyn, #23)
  • Dark Nantucket Noon (Homer Kelly, #2)
  • Virginia is for Mysteries (Contributor)
  • Past Imperfect: A John McIntire Mystery
  • The Saint John's Fern (Roger the Chapman, #9)
  • Prayers, Paws & Providence (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #16)
Dicey Deere lives in an eighteenth-century whaler's cottage in Sag Harbor, New York.
More about Dicey Deere...

Torrey Tunet (4 books)
  • The Irish Cottage Murder (Torrey Tunet #1)
  • The Irish Manor House Murder (Torrey Tunet #2)
  • The Irish Cairn Murder (Torrey Tunet #3)