3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her...

Shocked by the brutal crime she witnesses through the window of her small office, Megan Jackson calls the police and is devastated when they question the truth of her story. With no body and no evidence of a crime, she's written off as a nutcase.

Megan suspects the killer saw her face. Terrified, she calls the only person s...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Carina Press

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellThe Sergeant's Lady by Susanna Fraser
Carina Press Books
72nd out of 104 books — 100 voters
A Valentine's Surprise by Melanie  JamesCupid's Heart by Nicole GarciaThe Queen of Swords by Nina MasonNoelle's Wish by Nicole GarciaThrough Time-Slamming by Claudy Conn
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of April 2014
89th out of 180 books — 326 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamela(AllHoney)
A spicy read with a lot of focus on the spice. But there is still a story told and it was pretty good. Megan witnesses a murder which the police don't believe because it's Halloween and there is no body. So she calls her ex-boyfriend, Will, who rushes over to protect her. Megan is black and Will is white and while neither of them cared, their families are another matter. I would have liked to see a little more focus on the relationship development but it was good and flowed nicely.
Book Nook  Nuts
Book: Protective Custody
Author: Wynter Daniels
Publication Date: 5/9/2011
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne - http://booknooknuts.blogspot.com/
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I totally loved this book.
Adult 18+ Readers !!!

We have Megan and Will. These two people dated for a long time and Will got his heart totally broken by Megan and had no idea of the real reasons why Megan up and dumped him. Megan witnesses a murder and no one in the town believes her even the cops think she is crazy or seeing things. She call...more
Mary Catherine
3.5 / 5 stars

One Halloween night, Megan Jackson stays late at work. As she closes down the realtor office, she sees what she believes is a murder of a young girl by a man whose face she can’t see. For a split-second, the alleged murderer turns toward her office and Megan believes she’s been seen. Moments later, she hears someone arriving and she runs – possibly for her life. When she calls the police, they brush off her concerns; after all, there’s no body and no other witnesses.

Fearful, she the...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date reviewed: 23 May 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/protective-custody/

Protective Custody is a very exhilarating adult fiction. I like how the fact the mystery that's engulfing the female character serves to not only bring more tension in the story, but also to serve as a form of exhilaration.

Protective Custody starts off with the main female character witnessing a murder and nobody seems to believe what she had said. She then calls up he...more
Judith
A romantic read from Carina Press that will warm your heart and massage your libido, while keeping your interest with the tense action resulting from Megan seeing the man who killed a woman in an empty building across from her real estate office. That she didn't see his face was beside the point. She was marked for death, and she called upon her former lover to protect her. She had broken up with him in a way that hurt so terribly, for reasons she really didn't fully disclose, and his love for h...more
Norma
Definitely a fun, flirty erotic mystery! Wynter Daniels provided the right balance between suspenseful mystery and lustful naughtiness.

This was a very quick read that I didn’t want to put down. Both because I wanted to find out what would happen next between Will and Megan, but also because I wanted to find out how the whole murder situation was going to play out.

So if you like mysteries with adult situations added to spice them up, then you will love this one.

In conjunction with the Wakela's Wo...more
Jhenn
Loved this book, though there were elements of the plot that bothered me (i.e. the cliched "we don't want you in our family because you're too brown" issues his family had with their relationship and the "I don't like you because her white daddy ran off after getting her mother pregnant" issues that her grandmother had about him). However, overall the book was great. It was definitely not something that I've read before and the twist about 75% of the way through killed me.

I didn't want it to ha...more
Lynette
Wonderful romantic suspenseful book! Every time I thought I had it figured out....BOOM....a twist/turn was thrown at me! I loved it! Add some hot romance and you have the total package. An awesome book I recommend you read!
Maureen Miller
Ms. Daniels infused the perfect amount of suspense and "heat" in this novel to keep both my need for romance and danger equally fulfilled. What I found as a delightful surprise was the storyline of the secondary characters. That sub plot kept me as riveted as the primary tale. I also identified with the character, Megan, who toiled between her feelings for Will and her loyalty to her grandmother.
A well-written story that I would recommend.
Lourdes Aguirre
While closing down her office after a late client meeting, Meagan witnesses a murder across the street. When the police won't believe her she calls on her ex boyfriend, Will. He is former cop turned private eye and the man who's heart she broke.

The suspense and intrigue make the sexual tension between these two super hot. Great story, super sexy scenes. One of my favorite Wynter Daniels books.
Betty
Megan Jackson, is a successful business woman who witnesses a murder on Halloween. The murderer saw her watching him and knows she has witnessed it. The police find no body or evidence so they assume it was a Halloween prank. The murderer is now terrorizing her, so she turns to the only person she trusts. Her ex-boyfriend Will McCoy, who she is still in love with, and who is an ex-cop and now works for a Security firm. Since they are an interracial couple, there was disapproval from both familie...more
Hasien
I enjoyed this story. I love a good mystery so this was nice.
Erin
Warning: This is a read for a cold winter night!!! The writing and chemistry in Protective Custody will have readers blazing with carnal need!!! If read during the hot summer months, this book could result in readers spontaneously combusting!!!!

It's Halloween and Megan just finished a long day at work. Eager to leave her office, grab a bite to eat and head home, she begins to close up shop for the night. As she reaches for her office window blinds, she catches sight of a brutal murder. She stand...more
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
This was an excellent read full of passion, mystery, intrigue and overall sizzle. Megan and Will are a great couple. This read is well told with well-developed characters that are easy to relate to. I really became involved in the character interaction and once I started reading, couldn't put it down. I was up all night trying to finish this read. There were hot scenes, a very strong plot and the chemistry was off the charts. I highly recommend this book and any book by her.

Wynter Daniels has a...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
May 02, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 18 and over; mature content
In Protective Custody by Wynter Daniels, Megan Jackson sees a murder occur in the building across from her office during the evening of Halloween. When she reports the murder the police are dubious, at best, regarding her testimony of the murder. There is no body left at the scene and since there has not been a murder in the area for more than two years, the police blow off Megan's account.

Megan turns to her ex-boyfriend, Will McCoy - former police officer- because she has no one else she turn t...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Gorgeous businesswoman, Megan Jackson witnesses the brutal murder of a young woman on Halloween. Uninterested, the police believe she saw a practical joke rather than a murder. But someone is stalking and terrorizing her, visiting her grandmother in her nursing home, running her car off the road, and making her life a nightmare. She knows she's in danger, but has a hard time accepting that reality. Finally, having no one to turn to who will believe her, she calls her ex-boyfriend, Will.

Will, an...more
Anna Salamatin
This is a fast paced story of mystery and erotic romance. When Megan sees something she shouldn't have while at her job and then she is chased because she herself was seen, she hates to do it, but she's scared so she calls the man she can't forget. Will McCoy..... The man she had to give up six months ago. The last time they were together, it was love. This time it's Murder!!
It's a very example of how lives can be ruined by the snobbery and by prejudices. Fortunately, Love can conquer a lot of t...more
Kate
This story shows us about about having second chances. Protective custody starts off with Megan witnessing a murder of a young women on halloween. She calls the police, but nobody believes her because they can't find the body and the buiding has been abandoned for over two years. She decides on calling her ex-boyfriend for help.

This story is a very good adult fiction.
Margaret
This was a great read that had just the right mix of romance and suspense. What I loved most about this book was that just when I thought I had everything worked out, another twist or turn happened that added another layer to the story. Will and Megan were hot together, and although it was frustrating at times watching both of them rationalize why they shouldn’t be together, it was hard not to root for them finding their HEA. The mystery of the book had me turning the pages as fast as possible t...more
Lisa
I received this book through netgalley for my honest opinion and review.

This is my first Wynter Daniels book. I browsed through netgalley looking for something different a author i wasn't familiar with and Protective custody was one of my choices. How about we get to the blurb.

Wynter Daniels
May 9, 2011
Protective Custody

Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her...

Sharon
Review: 2.5 out of 5 stars

** Protective Custody includes Mature Content

When Megan Jackson witnesses a man strangling a girl to death in a shop window across from her real-estate agency on Halloween, she immediately calls the police; when there isn’t enough evidence to prove a crime was committed her credibility comes into question. Convinced of what she has witnessed and feeling the killer saw her face; she contacts the only person she feels she can trust, her ex-boyfriend who she had broken up...more
Rose
I reviewed this for TwoLips Reviews:

When Megan Jackson witnessed a brutal crime through her office window, she called the police. When no body and no evidence of the crime are found, the police question the truth of her claims and write her off as a nut. Devastated over their lack of trust and scared for her safety, Megan calls the only person she can trust, Will McCoy.

Will McCoy is still heartbroken over his breakup with Megan Jackson. No longer a cop, he now works for a private detective agen...more
Darcy
This story was a sweet one about second chances. Megan and Will dated and were very happy until their families let Megan know it would never work. Megan's grandmother didn't approve of her dating a white man, Will's mother didn't approve that Megan was black. Caving to family pressure on both sides Megan broke up with Will.

Months later Megan witnesses a murder, however when she calls the police no one believes her. It doesn't help that this happened on Halloween and there was no body or evidenc...more
Maldivianbookreviewer
3 Star Contemporary Erotic Romantic Suspense

I seem to be on a role these days trying out authors that I have never ever read before. I always give new authors a go because that's the only way that you discover authors who are worth looking out for and along the way you discover reads that you will treasure for the rest of your life.

I picked out Protective Custody from Netgalley because the blurb promises a good romantic suspense of the erotica variety. The story that unfolds is not a complicat...more
Ni_kii
Megan and Will were happy and in love, until both their families decided to take umbrage with the fact they were a multi-racial couple. Megan was raised by her Grandmother, and dotes on her completely. When her Grandmother decides that Will is nothing more than a spoilt white boy, looking to rough it with her until he finds his true partner in life, she starts to question their future. When Will's Mother corners her in a bathroom and says pretty much the same, with a few added insults directed h...more
Crystal Mullin
Megan and Will's story is hot and steamy. Will is so sweet and romantic and would do anything for Megan. As with alot of romances, people and life keep getting in their way. Megan wants to please the one person in her life, her grandmother. At the same time she doesn't want to come between Will and his family. When she witnesses a murder and no one believes her Will comes to the rescue. Worth the read
Tina Young
I read this book last year, but failed to leave my review. “Protected Custody” is a Suspenseful, Sexy, and Enjoyable Read. Megan and Will’s story is breathtaking. I love the fact that Megan and Will are Ex’s that find themselves overwhelmed by passion and love. Another great read from Wynter Daniels.

T
Shannon
This book was horrible. I mean I like romances, but this was horribly written.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Wynter Daniels lives in Central Florida with her husband of more than twenty years and their two nearly grown children. They are all the slaves of two very demanding cats. After careers in marketing and the salon industry, Wynter’s wicked prose begged to be set free. She writes for several publishers including Carina Press, Ellora’s Cave, Red Sage and Loose Id.
More about Wynter Daniels...
The After Party Employee Relations Game of Smoke and Mirrors Desert of Desire False Pretenses