Start by marking “Protective Custody” as Want to Read:

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her...

Shocked by the brutal crime she witnesses through the window of her small office, Megan Jackson calls the police and is devastated when they question the truth of her story. With no body and no evidence of a crime, she's written off as a nutcase.

Megan suspects the killer saw her face. Terrified, she calls the only person s
Published May 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Protective Custody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protective Custody

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellHunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez
Carina Press Books
74th out of 117 books — 105 voters
A Valentine's Surprise by Melanie  JamesCupid's Heart by Nicole GarciaThe Queen of Swords by Nina MasonNoelle's Wish by Nicole GarciaSlamming by Claudy Conn
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of April 2014
94th out of 180 books — 319 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamela(AllHoney)
A spicy read with a lot of focus on the spice. But there is still a story told and it was pretty good. Megan witnesses a murder which the police don't believe because it's Halloween and there is no body. So she calls her ex-boyfriend, Will, who rushes over to protect her. Megan is black and Will is white and while neither of them cared, their families are another matter. I would have liked to see a little more focus on the relationship development but it was good and flowed nicely.
Book Nook  Nuts
Feb 21, 2014 Book Nook Nuts rated it it was amazing
Book: Protective Custody
Author: Wynter Daniels
Publication Date: 5/9/2011
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne - http://booknooknuts.blogspot.com/
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I totally loved this book.
Adult 18+ Readers !!!

We have Megan and Will. These two people dated for a long time and Will got his heart totally broken by Megan and had no idea of the real reasons why Megan up and dumped him. Megan witnesses a murder and no one in the town believes her even the cops think she is crazy or seeing things. She call
Mary Catherine
May 17, 2011 Mary Catherine rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5 stars

One Halloween night, Megan Jackson stays late at work. As she closes down the realtor office, she sees what she believes is a murder of a young girl by a man whose face she can’t see. For a split-second, the alleged murderer turns toward her office and Megan believes she’s been seen. Moments later, she hears someone arriving and she runs – possibly for her life. When she calls the police, they brush off her concerns; after all, there’s no body and no other witnesses.

Fearful, she the
Cleffairy
May 23, 2011 Cleffairy rated it really liked it
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date reviewed: 23 May 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/protective-custody/

Protective Custody is a very exhilarating adult fiction. I like how the fact the mystery that's engulfing the female character serves to not only bring more tension in the story, but also to serve as a form of exhilaration.

Protective Custody starts off with the main female character witnessing a murder and nobody seems to believe what she had said. She then calls up he
Judith
May 07, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
A romantic read from Carina Press that will warm your heart and massage your libido, while keeping your interest with the tense action resulting from Megan seeing the man who killed a woman in an empty building across from her real estate office. That she didn't see his face was beside the point. She was marked for death, and she called upon her former lover to protect her. She had broken up with him in a way that hurt so terribly, for reasons she really didn't fully disclose, and his love for h ...more
Norma
May 10, 2011 Norma rated it really liked it
Definitely a fun, flirty erotic mystery! Wynter Daniels provided the right balance between suspenseful mystery and lustful naughtiness.

This was a very quick read that I didn’t want to put down. Both because I wanted to find out what would happen next between Will and Megan, but also because I wanted to find out how the whole murder situation was going to play out.

So if you like mysteries with adult situations added to spice them up, then you will love this one.

In conjunction with the Wakela's Wo
Jhenn
Jul 19, 2011 Jhenn rated it really liked it
Loved this book, though there were elements of the plot that bothered me (i.e. the cliched "we don't want you in our family because you're too brown" issues his family had with their relationship and the "I don't like you because her white daddy ran off after getting her mother pregnant" issues that her grandmother had about him). However, overall the book was great. It was definitely not something that I've read before and the twist about 75% of the way through killed me.

I didn't want it to ha
Maureen Miller
May 22, 2011 Maureen Miller rated it it was amazing
Ms. Daniels infused the perfect amount of suspense and "heat" in this novel to keep both my need for romance and danger equally fulfilled. What I found as a delightful surprise was the storyline of the secondary characters. That sub plot kept me as riveted as the primary tale. I also identified with the character, Megan, who toiled between her feelings for Will and her loyalty to her grandmother.
A well-written story that I would recommend.
Lourdes Aguirre
Feb 22, 2014 Lourdes Aguirre rated it it was amazing
While closing down her office after a late client meeting, Meagan witnesses a murder across the street. When the police won't believe her she calls on her ex boyfriend, Will. He is former cop turned private eye and the man who's heart she broke.

The suspense and intrigue make the sexual tension between these two super hot. Great story, super sexy scenes. One of my favorite Wynter Daniels books.
Lynette
Mar 03, 2014 Lynette rated it really liked it
Wonderful romantic suspenseful book! Every time I thought I had it figured out....BOOM....a twist/turn was thrown at me! I loved it! Add some hot romance and you have the total package. An awesome book I recommend you read!
Hasien
Apr 27, 2012 Hasien rated it really liked it
Shelves: int-romance
I enjoyed this story. I love a good mystery so this was nice.
Betty
Feb 27, 2014 Betty rated it it was amazing
Megan Jackson, is a successful business woman who witnesses a murder on Halloween. The murderer saw her watching him and knows she has witnessed it. The police find no body or evidence so they assume it was a Halloween prank. The murderer is now terrorizing her, so she turns to the only person she trusts. Her ex-boyfriend Will McCoy, who she is still in love with, and who is an ex-cop and now works for a Security firm. Since they are an interracial couple, there was disapproval from both familie ...more
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Mar 11, 2014 DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read full of passion, mystery, intrigue and overall sizzle. Megan and Will are a great couple. This read is well told with well-developed characters that are easy to relate to. I really became involved in the character interaction and once I started reading, couldn't put it down. I was up all night trying to finish this read. There were hot scenes, a very strong plot and the chemistry was off the charts. I highly recommend this book and any book by her.

Wynter Daniels has a
Wminbc
Jun 07, 2011 Wminbc rated it really liked it
Review up on www.nocturnereads.com soon.
Erin
Apr 21, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
Warning: This is a read for a cold winter night!!! The writing and chemistry in Protective Custody will have readers blazing with carnal need!!! If read during the hot summer months, this book could result in readers spontaneously combusting!!!!

It's Halloween and Megan just finished a long day at work. Eager to leave her office, grab a bite to eat and head home, she begins to close up shop for the night. As she reaches for her office window blinds, she catches sight of a brutal murder. She stand
Anna Salamatin
Apr 07, 2014 Anna Salamatin rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced story of mystery and erotic romance. When Megan sees something she shouldn't have while at her job and then she is chased because she herself was seen, she hates to do it, but she's scared so she calls the man she can't forget. Will McCoy..... The man she had to give up six months ago. The last time they were together, it was love. This time it's Murder!!
It's a very example of how lives can be ruined by the snobbery and by prejudices. Fortunately, Love can conquer a lot of t
Crystal Mullin
Apr 10, 2014 Crystal Mullin rated it really liked it
Megan and Will's story is hot and steamy. Will is so sweet and romantic and would do anything for Megan. As with alot of romances, people and life keep getting in their way. Megan wants to please the one person in her life, her grandmother. At the same time she doesn't want to come between Will and his family. When she witnesses a murder and no one believes her Will comes to the rescue. Worth the read
Tina Young
Jul 03, 2014 Tina Young rated it it was amazing
I read this book last year, but failed to leave my review. “Protected Custody” is a Suspenseful, Sexy, and Enjoyable Read. Megan and Will’s story is breathtaking. I love the fact that Megan and Will are Ex’s that find themselves overwhelmed by passion and love. Another great read from Wynter Daniels.

T
Barbara
Mar 07, 2015 Barbara rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of my seat. If you like mystery, intrigue and steamy love scenes this is the book for you. Wynter Daniels never fails to bring everything to her books. Megan has witnessed a murder across from her place of work on Halloween. The police think it is a false alarm, maybe a prank or an over active imagination. The only person she can turn to is her ex-boyfriend Will, a former police officer. When it appears the murderer is after Megan now, she and Will are thrown togethe ...more
Tameka
Oct 26, 2015 Tameka rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
There were some minor flaws. Why would the pilice take her seriously. Granted that when they went back they didn't find a body but they should have investigated further when the next incicdent happened at her house - at least that would have been my take on things.

To be betrayed like that from a spouse. The only person pussy-whipped in this book was the partner. The moment that I found out thatshe was squireling away money. I woukd have taken it and opened another. Go ahad leave skank. Sorry to
Margaret
This was a great read that had just the right mix of romance and suspense. What I loved most about this book was that just when I thought I had everything worked out, another twist or turn happened that added another layer to the story. Will and Megan were hot together, and although it was frustrating at times watching both of them rationalize why they shouldn’t be together, it was hard not to root for them finding their HEA. The mystery of the book had me turning the pages as fast as possible t ...more
Lisa
Aug 10, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
I received this book through netgalley for my honest opinion and review.

This is my first Wynter Daniels book. I browsed through netgalley looking for something different a author i wasn't familiar with and Protective custody was one of my choices. How about we get to the blurb.

Wynter Daniels
May 9, 2011
Protective Custody

Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her...

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
May 02, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 18 and over; mature content
In Protective Custody by Wynter Daniels, Megan Jackson sees a murder occur in the building across from her office during the evening of Halloween. When she reports the murder the police are dubious, at best, regarding her testimony of the murder. There is no body left at the scene and since there has not been a murder in the area for more than two years, the police blow off Megan's account.

Megan turns to her ex-boyfriend, Will McCoy - former police officer- because she has no one else she turn t
Sharon
May 15, 2011 Sharon rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review: 2.5 out of 5 stars

** Protective Custody includes Mature Content

When Megan Jackson witnesses a man strangling a girl to death in a shop window across from her real-estate agency on Halloween, she immediately calls the police; when there isn’t enough evidence to prove a crime was committed her credibility comes into question. Convinced of what she has witnessed and feeling the killer saw her face; she contacts the only person she feels she can trust, her ex-boyfriend who she had broken up
Rose
Jan 29, 2012 Rose rated it liked it
I reviewed this for TwoLips Reviews:

When Megan Jackson witnessed a brutal crime through her office window, she called the police. When no body and no evidence of the crime are found, the police question the truth of her claims and write her off as a nut. Devastated over their lack of trust and scared for her safety, Megan calls the only person she can trust, Will McCoy.

Will McCoy is still heartbroken over his breakup with Megan Jackson. No longer a cop, he now works for a private detective agen
Darcy
May 23, 2011 Darcy rated it liked it
This story was a sweet one about second chances. Megan and Will dated and were very happy until their families let Megan know it would never work. Megan's grandmother didn't approve of her dating a white man, Will's mother didn't approve that Megan was black. Caving to family pressure on both sides Megan broke up with Will.

Months later Megan witnesses a murder, however when she calls the police no one believes her. It doesn't help that this happened on Halloween and there was no body or evidenc
MBR
3 Star Contemporary Erotic Romantic Suspense

I seem to be on a role these days trying out authors that I have never ever read before. I always give new authors a go because that's the only way that you discover authors who are worth looking out for and along the way you discover reads that you will treasure for the rest of your life.

I picked out Protective Custody from Netgalley because the blurb promises a good romantic suspense of the erotica variety. The story that unfolds is not a complicat
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Gorgeous businesswoman, Megan Jackson witnesses the brutal murder of a young woman on Halloween. Uninterested, the police believe she saw a practical joke rather than a murder. But someone is stalking and terrorizing her, visiting her grandmother in her nursing home, running her car off the road, and making her life a nightmare. She knows she's in danger, but has a hard time accepting that reality. Finally, having no one to turn to who will believe her, she calls her ex-boyfriend, Will.

Will, an
Ni_kii
May 15, 2011 Ni_kii rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, steamy, erotica
Megan and Will were happy and in love, until both their families decided to take umbrage with the fact they were a multi-racial couple. Megan was raised by her Grandmother, and dotes on her completely. When her Grandmother decides that Will is nothing more than a spoilt white boy, looking to rough it with her until he finds his true partner in life, she starts to question their future. When Will's Mother corners her in a bathroom and says pretty much the same, with a few added insults directed h ...more
Shannon
Apr 07, 2014 Shannon rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. I mean I like romances, but this was horribly written.
  • Viper's Kiss (McCormack Security Agency, #1)
  • Laird of Darkness
  • Dangerous Secrets
  • Winning Dawn
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • Learning Curves
  • Dangerous Flirt (The Layton Family #2)
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • Crossing The Line
  • The Pleasure Garden
  • Endless Night
  • Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Simply Wicked
  • Fox and Dragon
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • A Perfect Fit
Wynter Daniels has penned more than two dozen books in various romance genres including paranormal, romantic suspense and contemporary for several publishers including Entangled Publishing and Carina Press. She lives in sunny Florida with her family and a spoiled cat. Find her at www.WynterDaniels.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wynter...
or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Wynt
More about Wynter Daniels...