Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation” as Want to Read:
Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation

Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #9-10)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  800 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann has thrilled audiences with her tall, dark and dangerous series. Experience it here, with two more classic tales of heroes who face the most daring adventure of all--falling in love.
Get Lucky
Navy SEAL Lucky O'Donlon was the original love-'em-and-leave-'em guy used to women swooning at his feet. So how coul
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Deadly

Buggy
Opening Line:"It was like being hit by a professional linebacker."

You can’t really go wrong with any of the books from this series, they’re all super good with fun, sexy, exciting storylines, memorable characters, and sigh worthy endings. Of course then there’s the larger then life Navy SEAL heroes, capable of anything it seems except falling in love easily.

Here we get books 9 & 10 from Brockmann’s Tall Dark and Dangerous series (re-released as a 2-in-1 with a WAY better cover) Using proper
Pamela(AllHoney)
A 2 for 1 deal. I liked them both but I think my favorite was Get Lucky. I'd probably give it close to 5 stars. I enjoyed the story and loved the characters. The story drew me in quickly and held me. It moved at a comfortable pace without a lot of extra nonsense to take my attention away. On the other hand, Taylor's Temptation was closer to a 3 star for me. I can't quite put my finger on why but I just didn't connect with the characters as easily as I did for Get Lucky. Still, it was a good read ...more
JazzRizz
Sep 06, 2014 JazzRizz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, ebook, kindle, 2014
I'm so sad that I'm almost finished with this series :(

I gotta say ... I really loved both of these stories. Lucky has always been a favorite of mine, and I was really excited to meet the lady who knocks him on his ass.

Sydney is awesome. Her humor and wit were a great match to Lucky.

Bobby and Colleen ... what a great story.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Wes though.
Tasha
Get Lucky and Taylor's Temptation

Two more solid reads. I appreciate the older women hooking up the younger SEAL, I mean who on the brink of 40 wouldn't right? It was fun and always nice to see a guy having to back peddle and put in that extra effort.

Bobby is perfect! Love the whole best-friend's sister thing. Makes for some really fun verbal exchanges and it's always appreciated when I guy wants to do the right thing. You also have to appreciate Colleen's dedication and determination. Well done.
Jo-Anne
May 27, 2014 Jo-Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tall, Dark and Deadly

Tall, Dark and Deadly is actually two books in one. First we have Get Lucky about Navy SEAL, Luke O'Donlon, with a really good story line and characters. I gave this one a 5 star rating. Then there is Taylor's Temptation with Bobby Taylor who is also a SEAL. That story was not as gripping but I did like Bobby's character. I didn't like Coleen nearly as much which brought my rating down for this book to a 3 star. Since the books were so different from each other, I wrote sepa
Sammie
Mar 27, 2016 Sammie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bobby-colleen
It was totally awesome ,i loved every second of this book i could not put it down.

Get Lucky.
I fell in love with Luke (Lucky) O'Donlon from the moment i met him in this series,i have waited for him story and it was pure awesomeness ,he is so hot and super funny and i can not get enough of him,i loved watching him fall in love with Sydney ,it was great that he met someone to spend his life with ,they make a great couple.

Sydney is pretty awesome,i really liked her and i was so glad that she met Luc
Anita
Aug 25, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get Lucky Luke O'Donlon, Lucky, meets his match in this installment of Suzanne Brockman's SEAL series. You have absoutely got to love these men in uniform. The character of Lucky got his nickname by being... lucky with his women. Always seen with a stacked, blond, blue eyed babe, usually a decade younger than him, Lucky has the California life down pat. It is fun to seen how he grows in this book and comes to see the value of a solid relationship built on friendship first and sex second.

There is
Micheeeleeee ❤️
I don't even know where to start ywith this book . I am absolutely amazed at this author. I was in love, suspicious, scared , sad all while reading this book . I like the perfect / imperfect couples. Lucky O'Donlon was perfect and everyway then you have Sydney the odd dressed reported and they clashed like vinegar in water which made it much more interesting. I love the anxiousness and curiosity while reading This. Then their is beautiful Native American Bobby Taylor and Amazonian Colleen Skelly ...more
May 16, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get Lucky, 3.5 stars. SEAL Lucky O'Donlan and reporter/writer Sydney work together on solving the mystery of a serial rapist in the San Diego area who might be a SEAL. Lucky is the perfect "Ken doll" and Syd is a kind of plain girl. They make an unlikely couple, but very funny dialog between the two. A sweet story with a nice amount of action.
Taylor's Temptation, 3.5, is a contemporary romance until the end when some action intervenes. Bobby Taylor and Wes Skelley are best friends and fellow SE
Kaje Harper
3.5 stars. These two books are part of Brockmann's Tall, Dark and Dangerous series. They are better than her early more formulaic romances (which aren't bad; I don't think Brockmann does bad) but not as complex and interesting as her Troubleshooter books. There's a little too much of "I love her but I know she doesn't really love me" mutual misunderstanding in these. You know, where both people think they're the only one who is serious about the relationship. I get irritated when that goes on to ...more
Kristina
I thought that this was an okay book. The first book of this book left me unimpressed. I thought that Lucky was a huge jerk to put it politely. the second book was much better. Bobby is a heartthrob. the thing I didn't like about the second book was that the characters were talking about doing some relief work for the whole book but spent only one or two chapters there and then the book was pretty much done. I dunno the second part of the book is worth reading the entire book.
ms bookjunkie
GET LUCKY 3.5 stars

I liked the story, but it felt somewhat dated. The relationship part was okay, but the suspense part… felt like it lacked originality, maybe even authenticity. It was predictable. (Well, the book is from Y2K, so there have been plenty of years for me to read different versions of this same plot…) That said, I have no doubt whatsoever that had I read Get Lucky when it first came out, I would've loved it to bits and begged for more.

[Read: 1.5.2011]

TAYLOR'S TEMPTATION 4 stars

I d
Sep 02, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters!

I loved the characters, even though things didn't always line up, a fine tooth comb in editing would've made this a better book, but it was enough of a good characters and good dialogue to overlook the rest!
Bernette Beals
May 06, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tall, Dark and Deadly review

Tall, Dark and Deadly is a two book set in the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series written by author Suzanne Brockmann. I especially liked Lucky's story.
Michelle
This story gets 3 starts mainly because of Lucky's story. I've been looking forward to his and was not disappointed. Bobby's wasn't bad, but would have only ranked a 2.
Dee
Feb 28, 2015 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

Two more of series
Romance with touch of action
Enjoyable books

Older SEAL series
Technology improving
Some cell phones in these
Lori Susan
Surpringly not a bad read, would read her again
Christen Orbanus
I'm giving this book 3 1/2 stars. I read Get Lucky years ago so I got this book to read Taylor's Temptation. I really liked it and I couldn't put it down... but it wasn't my favorite story of Brockmann's. I thought Bobby was kind of weak. It was really Colleen who moved the story along. Still... if you like Brockmann and you like SEALs, you'll enjoy this bbok!
Mindy
Sep 01, 2011 Mindy rated it liked it
Get Lucky: I really liked it...it was happy, sad, scary and ultimately romantic. Now onto the second book...
I liked it better than I liked Get Lucky. Luke was hot, but the story between Bobby and Colleen is hotter. I love when people who’ve known each other forever and loved each other from afar finally get together.
Karen
Jul 07, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read about the Seals...gotta love the men who protect our country inside and out....can't wait to see what happens in the final chapters!!! This book was just as good as the first one I read...I like finding great reads like this...I recommend this is you like danger and romance...and some SEALS mixed in!!!
Lindsey
May 03, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military, favorites
#9-10 of Tall, Dark & Dangerous series! #9 is Get Lucky & #10 is Taylor's Temptation

My favorite military series so far!! I read these books so fast and had to keep going to the book store to buy the next one because I just couldn't wait to read it. Lots of suspense and romance!
Jeanie Simmons
Feb 10, 2013 Jeanie Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg i loved both of these books. i started searching for more from this author. definitely recommend to others. Its got twisted and turns and love story all combined together.
Jill
Mar 01, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving the action and the love dance within each of her books. She does a great job of setting up the tension before the fire works are set off.
Shelly
Nov 11, 2011 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute romances. Not as good by far as the Troubleshooters. The characters and stories aren't as in depth.
Emily Higgins
Jun 20, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Two novels: Get Lucky and Taylor's Temptation. Two fun books with Navy SEALS as the heros falling in love.
LaShawn
May 09, 2014 LaShawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First story - 4 stars, Second story - couldn't put it down, the tension was great! 5 stars!
Jan 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
But only "Taylor's Temptation." Get Lucky was about a serial rapist; didnt' finish.
Cara
Apr 14, 2013 Cara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Hot sensitive alpha males. What's not to love? Did I mention they're Navy Seals?
Jemeka Edwards
Jun 17, 2013 Jemeka Edwards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed both stories!
Gonna find out if Wes & Lana finally get together ;-)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • Close Quarters (Hot Zone, #4)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • High Octane
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Tallchief
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)
  • The Sheik's Command (Sahara Kings #1)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Tall, Dark & Dangerous (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)