Start by marking “A Quest for Good Manners” as Want to Read:
A Quest for Good Manners

A Quest for Good Manners

4.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Rosalind is not your typical princess--she and her pet dragon, Sparkler, are very rude. ''What's the big deal with manners anyway?'' the princess asks. ''Why do we always have to say please and thank you? And who cares how we use a napkin?'' Appalled by this behavior, the queen banishes the impolite pair from her castle until they find Good Manners. Percival, the wizard, s ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Beluga Press

To ask other readers questions about A Quest for Good Manners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Quest for Good Manners

William Bentrim
May 06, 2011 William Bentrim rated it it was amazing
A Quest for Good Manners by Karin Lefranc

A sassy princess and her dragon, Sparkler, demonstrate poor manners. This book details her quest to discover why manners are important.

The illustrator of this book scored well with my grandkids. They liked the look of Princess Rosalind and Sparkler. They were satisfyingly dismayed over the Princess’s behavior. (My grandchildren are polite and well mannered most of the time; I count myself lucky to have taught their father’s so well. LOL)

The kids enjoyed
Norma
May 17, 2011 Norma rated it it was amazing
Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sparkler, could use some manners; both are very rude! The
princess and her dragon wonder why there is such a big deal over manners and neither want to say “please” or “thank you”.
The queen, appalled by their bad behavior, gives Rosalind and Sparker three days to find good manners, or she will banish the dragon. The pair find themselves on the way to Percival, the wizard, who sends them on their quest for manners with the help of a magic fork.

Facing several challenges
Stacie
Mar 26, 2012 Stacie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Karin Lefranc's award winning book A Quest for Good Manners is a lively tale of a rude young princess named Rosalind and her equally rude dragon, Sparkler. One night over dinner the queen has enough of Rosalind and Sparkler's rude behavior and declares that they have 3 days to learn some manners.

Instructed by a wizard, Rosalind pulls a magic fork from a rock and their quest for good manners begins. As Rosalind and Sparkler learn to use please, thank you, you're welcome and I'm sorry rubies on t
Bonnie (Words at Home Blog)
Aug 10, 2011 Bonnie (Words at Home Blog) rated it it was amazing
A Quest For Good Manners is a fantastically illustrated and fun story about a rude little princess and her pet dragon who are on the search for good manners. This beautiful book is an entertaining and engaging way for young children to learn about how to properly use their manners. Rosalind is taught when to say please and thank you, how to properly eat at the table and how to be kind and compassionate.

I read A Quest For Good Manners with my two and three year old daughters and they absolutely
Kristi Bernard
May 01, 2012 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing
Teaching children good manners is a required item on any parents “to do” list. Children can learn to be respectful and courteous at a very young age. Instead of making learning manners a cumberson task, teach them how with a fun, easy to read story that has a princess, a dragon, a fairy and a wizard. It might even be fun for you to send your little ones on a quest of their own for good manners.

Princess Rosalind and her trusty friend Sparkler, a big green dragon, are the slurppiest, sloppiest and
Zara
Jul 11, 2012 Zara rated it liked it
by Karin Lefranc, illustrated by Hannah Neale is an educational fairytale about a princess named Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sparkler.

The two are chastised by the queen for their terrible table manners and the princess is given an ultimatum: learn good manners or her beloved pet is to be banished. And so, they visit the wizard Percival and begin their “quest.”

A golden fork with rubies acts as a beacon leading them through each challenge that eventually help them learn to say, “please” and “than
Kitty Honeycutt
May 12, 2011 Kitty Honeycutt rated it it was amazing
KARIN LEFRANC'S "A QUEST FOR GOOD MANNERS" (A REVIEW)

I just finished reading this book to my 10 year old daughter and she loved it. Even though the book is written for ages 2 to 8 she enjoyed it very much. The pictures are bright and colorful and interesting! It is all about a Quest for good manners. When the fate of her dragon is on the line, Rosalind decides to go on a quest to find good manners and find out why they are so important. Along the way she meets others that are interested in helpi
JenniferJ
Jun 04, 2012 JenniferJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2012
Ohh this was a wonderful book to help children understand the importance of good manners! Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sparkler have dreadful manners and the queen sends them on a quest to find good manners or else! Very cute story and easy for a child to understand as well as having beautiful illustrations both girl and boy will enjoy!

My kids are badly in need of more stories such as this because there manners can surely be improved upon. Kids are growing up way to fast now-a-days and manners a
Marissa DeCuir
May 16, 2011 Marissa DeCuir rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable!! The illustrations are so fun and the story is just beyond darling. It's not just an enjoyable read -- it will actually help kids learn manners. It's not "in your face" with a list of rules they won't care about, let alone follow! It's a cute story that explains the importance of manners, making it much more interesting! Great book for kids!
brandy oliver
Jul 09, 2012 brandy oliver rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing help just for the short time we have owned this book! It is such a cute story, and written so well, the children didn't even know they were really learning a lesson;)
We must have read this 30+ times in the past 5 weeks, and Genevive especially loves the Princess, and her dragon.
It is normal for kids to have to be reminded of manners, especially at the dinner table, and well, the please and thank yous and your welcomes are also much needed! Even if they do use good manners in
Stacy
Jul 15, 2012 Stacy rated it it was amazing
A Quest for Good Manners follows Princess Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sparkler, on their journey to find good manners. From the wizard Percival she learns how to handle a fork, from the fairy with purple wings how to say please, thank you, you’re welcome and I’m sorry, and from Lady Grace how to behave at the dinner able and showing kindness and consideration.

It was the perfect amount of teaching with the perfect amount of story and with a beautiful full-page illustration on every page, this is
Brittany
Aug 02, 2012 Brittany rated it really liked it
I requested to review this book in anticipation of having a great tool to teach younger children. Boy am I glad that I received this book! This is a great way to show children why it's a good thing to be nice and say please/thank you/etc. I can't wait to see what else the author comes out with!!
Lindsay
This was a sweet and cute book. I enjoy how this book when. How it teaches about Good Manners. I really enjoyed it. It looks to be a good for Young Readers and Children.
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Donna Meyers
Donna Meyers rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Valeria Espinoza
Valeria Espinoza marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lisaforabw Wiley
Lisaforabw Wiley rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Emma Williamson
Emma Williamson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nadir
Nadir marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Mohsin
Mohsin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013