Start by marking “The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 38th Edition” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Insider’s Guide to the Colleges has been, for 38 years, the most relied-upon resource for high school students looking for honest reports on colleges from their fellow students.

Having interviewed hundreds of their peers on more than 330 campuses and by getting the inside scoop on everything from the nightlife and professors to the newest dorms and wildest student organ
Published July 5th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012

Parisa Vaziri
Overall, I found this book to be very interesting and useful for giving me an idea of universities I could consider later on. Since I will have to apply to colleges and figure out what I'm interested in, I must get a head start and figure out which universities give me the best options of what I want to study. I liked the fact that for each university, it said what to expect, what to bring, and what you should do by the time you graduate. When I'm a senior, I will definitely look at this book ag ...more
Alexandra
This is pretty helpful to give you a feel for the campus, has a lot of good stats and info from the students themselves. It has a ton of schools in every state but not all colleges are represented so only part of the book was helpful to me.
MaryBeth Donnelly
This gives an inside few of a select number of colleges, and it interesting to read. There's not much difference between this and the 2007 version. Helpful when you are looking for a more in-depth view of a particular college.
Steven
I thought this book was extremely helpful in getting a good idea of what a certain school is all about. I read a review of a school and then I visited shortly after and felt it was a perfect description of the school.
Aug 11, 2011 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone in high school
Recommended to Sarah by: Wowbrary
Shelves: nonfiction, useful
Useful, but a repetition of what I've already read online at places like CollegeProwler. They did tend to go a tad more in-depth, though, and obviously put an enormous amount of effort into it.
Sam Bafon
Sam Bafon marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 05, 2014
Susan Thornton
Susan Thornton marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Alexis Cedano
Alexis Cedano marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Denise Romeo
Denise Romeo marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
ania
ania marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Carol
Carol added it
Mar 03, 2011
The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2015: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 41st Edition The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2014: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 40th Edition The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2013 The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 38th Edition (Insider's Guide to the Colleges: Students on Campus) The Insider's Guide to the Colleges of California