Start by marking “The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 38th Edition” as Want to Read:

The Insider's Guide to the Colleges has been, for 38 years, the most relied-upon resource for high school students looking for honest reports on colleges from their fellow students.

Having interviewed hundreds of their peers on more than 330 campuses and by getting the inside scoop on everything from the nightlife and professors to the newest dorms and wildest student organ
Published July 5th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2012

Parisa Vaziri
Overall, I found this book to be very interesting and useful for giving me an idea of universities I could consider later on. Since I will have to apply to colleges and figure out what I'm interested in, I must get a head start and figure out which universities give me the best options of what I want to study. I liked the fact that for each university, it said what to expect, what to bring, and what you should do by the time you graduate. When I'm a senior, I will definitely look at this book ag ...more
MaryBeth Donnelly
Sep 13, 2007 MaryBeth Donnelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gives an inside few of a select number of colleges, and it interesting to read. There's not much difference between this and the 2007 version. Helpful when you are looking for a more in-depth view of a particular college.
Alexandra
This is pretty helpful to give you a feel for the campus, has a lot of good stats and info from the students themselves. It has a ton of schools in every state but not all colleges are represented so only part of the book was helpful to me.
Steven
Jun 02, 2012 Steven rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was extremely helpful in getting a good idea of what a certain school is all about. I read a review of a school and then I visited shortly after and felt it was a perfect description of the school.
Aug 11, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone in high school
Recommended to Sarah by: Wowbrary
Useful, but a repetition of what I've already read online at places like CollegeProwler. They did tend to go a tad more in-depth, though, and obviously put an enormous amount of effort into it.
Mark Faber
Mark Faber rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
emily Ying
emily Ying rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2012
The Singhs
The Singhs rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2008
Nina S Pisciotta
Nina S Pisciotta rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Laurie Tucker
Laurie Tucker rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Sara Werder
Sara Werder rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Keisha
Keisha rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Daniel Hausmann
Daniel Hausmann rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Mappin
Mappin rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Jeff Stevens
Jeff Stevens rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2007
M
M rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Joanne Hartle
Joanne Hartle rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
M.E. Hogan
M.E. Hogan rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2009
David
David rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Brad VanAuken
Brad VanAuken rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Brian Groover
Brian Groover rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Nancy M.
Nancy M. rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Alton Motobu
Alton Motobu rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Joy
Jul 14, 2015 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need to read when you've narrowed down colleges
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2007
Mr.
Mr. marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2008
Benito
Benito added it
Jun 10, 2010
Carol
Carol added it
Mar 03, 2011
ania
ania marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Denise Romeo
Denise Romeo marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Alexis Cedano
Alexis Cedano marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Arti
Arti marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Susan Thornton
Susan Thornton marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Linda
Linda added it
Nov 25, 2015
Sam Bafon
Sam Bafon marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014