Start by marking “Tangled Past (Tangled #2)” as Want to Read:
Tangled Past (Tangled #2)

Tangled Past (Tangled #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Forced to marry a man she just met, Sarah McLeod clings to the hope that she’ ll finally find the love and acceptance she’ s always craved. Her tenuous dreams of a happy life on the frontier are in danger of being dashed by the one thing she can’ t change—her husband’ s love for another man.

Jackson Kellar’ s determined to do right by his bride, yet he’ s torn between his n

Published June 13th 2011 by Carina Press (first published June 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tangled Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled Past

Double Time by Olivia CunningRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightRule of Three by Kelly JamiesonBeyond Eden by Kele Moon
Hot MMF
31st out of 236 books — 256 voters
A Table for Three by Lainey ReeseStay with Me by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackTheir One and Only by Trista Ann MichaelsYours Truly, Taddy by Avery Aster
Ménage à Trois
152nd out of 277 books — 175 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

When I requested this book from NetGalley, I knew it would be a hot historical western, and because I’ve read Ms. Braemel’s writing before, I knew I’d enjoy it. Well, Tangled Past turned out to be more than just another erotic read.

This story addresses racial prejudice – two of the characters are “half –breeds”; and sexual intolerance – two of the characters are gay. So as you can imagine, there’s a good, emotional story to go along with the sex.

Nate and Jackson are two cowboys in love, but th
Jen (Red Hot Books)
The first thing that comes to mind when I think menage-a-trois isn't usually the Old West. But if Tangled Past is any indication, maybe it should be.

Sarah is a half-blood Native American, who lives with the step-father who blames her for her mother's affair. She meets Jackson and Nate when the men arrive to buy a horse from her family. But when she finds out her step-father plans to steal back the horse he is selling, she runs to the barn to warn them. And gets an eyeful. Jackson is already nak
Tam
I'm sort of "over" ménage stories for the time being. The man sandwich just doesn't sound appetizing to me these days. I ended up picking up this clear ménage books because I saw something somewhere that suggested that the inspiration for this type of book was from the lifestyle of the author's grandmother's grandmother.

Now ... it appears I *may* have dreamed it up because I can't find what I'm talking about to quote it back to you. But real or imagined, that's pretty intriguing, no?

So what made
MK (Food actvist)
When I had to take a break from reading to, say, eat or sleep :) It felt as though I was missing a good friend. You grow the love characters in TANGLED PAST because of the love they have for each other. It's so quick. The situation between Jackson and Sarah. But it's believable for a time when a woman's virtue meant something valuable. The story is set the 1800s. Sarah is half Indian and is criticized about her heritage, called a 'half-breed'. Nate and Jackson are buying stock from her father an ...more
Heather
This is the first book by Leah Braemel that I’ve read, but it certainly won’t be the last. Sarah and Jackson are forced to wed, but Sarah can’t help but wonder if she’ll ever have all of her husband, who is in love with his best friend Nate. And the more time Sarah spends with Nate, she starts to fall in love with him too.

It sounds trite, and cheesy, but Braemel does a great job at making their relationships realistic. The depth of affection happens gradually, and is tested by the stress of eve
Dee
I really liked this story as it wasn't just a sexfest! Yes we had some really steamy scenes but this really was a love story between one woman and two men.

Wendy
Liked it, but I wanted to get to know Nate a bit better. I felt sorry for him in a way, being the odd man out. Still a good read with a nice ending.
Mandi Schreiner
Jackson and Nate find themselves at the McLeod ranch for the night after they bought some horses from the owner. Shacked up in the barn, they start to fool around. They have been friends and lovers for quite some time. Meanwhile, McLeod’s daughter Sarah overhears her step-father and associates talking about a scheme to steal back the horses they just sold and resell them. Being half Native American, and the child as a result of her mother’s affair, her relationship with McLeod is rocky at best. ...more
Ni_kii
Nate and Jackson find themselves staying the night in Mr McLeod’s barn when they visit his home to buy a horse. Little do they know that McLeod is a horse rustler and plans to attack the two men and steal back the horse after they leave. McLeod’s stepdaughter, Sarah, overhears the dastardly plan and heads off to warn the two men, unwittingly interrupting them during an intimate time. McLeod, who has always hated Sarah as she is blatantly not his child, finds Sarah in the barn with the half naked ...more
Tabatha
Jackson and Nate share a dangerous passion for one another in a period in history where it is likely to lead to their death. Sarah is found with the men while they were in a compromising position, and she is forced into marriage with Jackson. Coming between the two men who clearly love one another was never her intention, but she finds herself emotionally tangled and fantasizing about being between them. To make the situation work, they must all make compromises, but at what cost?

Loved this glim
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a 2.5 star for me. I am a fan of Ms. Braemel so it pains me to rate this only a 2.5. I can't say I really enjoyed this book. I like menage. I like kink stories. I love mmf. I just couldn't get into this book and I think it's because of the setting. It's a western w/ cowboys. I was hoping that because it's a Ms. Braemel book, I'd enjoy it which would be a 3. I didn't.

The menage was good! The sex is HAWT! Ms. Braemel does a great job. The characters are okay. The interracial with the issue
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I loved this story. This takes place in Texas in the 1880"s and two of the characters are part American Indian. Although this is an erotic western and has some nice m/m action, the main theme deals with overcoming prejudice and coming to terms about being in a committed triad relationship in a time when men having sex with each other is punished by hanging.
Great story.

**I received this ARC from NetGalley**
Angie
Synopsis: "Forced to marry a man she just met, Sarah McLeod clings to the hope that she'll finally find the love and acceptance she's always craved. Her tenuous dreams of a happy life on the frontier are in danger of being dashed by the one thing she can't change—her husband's love for another man.

Jackson Kellar's determined to do right by his bride, yet he's torn between his newfound love for Sarah and his still-burning desire for Nate.

Ranch owner Nate Campbell loves them both. He hates to see
Lynette
Review coming. I liked. There were just a few confusing transition moments.
Lori
While it's very, very difficult to buy into a permanent menage in the late 1800s (and even earlier!), I was able to get past my disbelief and really dig into this story.

While married to Sarah's father, her mother had a love affair with an Indian and got pregnant by him, and so her father has never treated Sarah well, especially since her mother's death. When she walks in on Jackson and Nate getting down and dirty in the barn, she's seen in a compromising position by her brother. Even though she
Lisa
Jun 21, 2011 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I received a eARC of Tangled Past from Carina Press through netgalley.com for my honest opinion and review.

I have to admit this is the first time i have ever had the opportunity to read a erotic historical romance. I was pleasantly surprised by Tangled Past by Leah Braemel. Honestly I've never read any of her books before but i kept hearing about this book and her other kind of related release Texas Tangle. Tangled past is set 130 years before Texas Tangle. I requested a copy of Tangled Past fro
Becca
This book is set in the 1881 when there were extreme prejudices. Sarah is the child of her mothers affair with an Indian. All her life she has been raised by her mothers husband who despises her. Everyone treats Sarah like a lesser person because she has the physical traits of an Indian. Nate and Jackson work at Nate's ranch together, they are also in love and are in a relationship which if anyone ever found out about they would be hanged for. When Nate and Jackson buy horses from Sarah's father ...more
Book Binge
It's 1887, and homosexuals are lynched without a trial. It is the norm. It is also only a few years since President U. S. Grant has declared: "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." This story embraces the prejudices that grow out those realities and the characters in this story must deal realitically or lose their lives.

Sarah McLeod is grieving over the death of her mother, living in the home of her mother's husband who looks down on her as a sub-human because her father was an Indian. She is
Book Sniffers Anonymous
For being only 134 pages this story packed a punch. It starts off immediately with Nate and Jackson at the McLeod ranch getting attacked my a crazed shovel wielding Sarah. She see's Nate and Jackson taking off with her horse and assumes that they are stealing it. After a good kneeing to Nate's groin, Jackson secures Sarah and gets her to calm down before he explains that they bought the horses from her father. Later that night while in her room she overhears her father, brother and farmhand disc ...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I was pleasantly surprised by Tangled Past. It is not your typical menage story. Set in the late 1800s, the novella deals with the taboo subject of homosexuality and threesomes. Sarah is forced to marry Jackson Kellar, a ranch hand. Ever since her mother died, her life with her father and brother has been less than ideal. Although she doesn't want to marry and live with a complete stranger, maybe Sarah's new life with Jackson will be better than her current life on the McLeod ranch.

Jackson and S
Among The Muses
{Rated 3.5/5 on the blog.}

In under Fifty-thousand words, Leah Braemel managed to transport me to a time where cowboys rope and ride, woman had yet to become liberated, and any sign of a man showing affection towards another man would have caused their death. Welcome to the Wild-Wild-West, emphasis on the 'wild' because this isn't the frontier land we learn about in school. No, this is much more sexy!

Having stumbled upon two half dressed cowboys during a sensual moment, Sarah McLeod inadvertently
Lillie
This is A Flash Of Fiction (capsule or brief) Review. See the complete text at Read My Mind

I Liked -- Plot: As with Leah Braemel's other book in this series, TEXAS TANGLE, I liked the different approach to a threesome that is presented. There is more of an element of M/M/F (as opposed to M/F/M), which I quite enjoyed. I will admit up front that pretty much all of my historical reading focuses on the European Regency and Victorian time setting, so I am not as familiar with the American west land
Zona
I was interested in this story mainly due to it’s poly relationship premise. I enjoy historical romances, but I don’t always get into Westerns, this was a different kind of Western though. Although there were the fun cattle rustling, horse riding, dirty varment kind of stuff within the pages that you’d hope for within a Western Romance novel, Tangled Past also has an intricately woven romance story line that you normally don’t see. It is unique and very well thought out.
Yes, it is a romance. The
Habrewer
Tangled Past by Leah Braemel
* I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sarah has been treated like hired help rather than family since her mother passed away. She doesn’t owe the McLeod’s any loyalty but she is still stunned by his reaction when he comes to the barn that night. She never expected her life to change like it did that night she went to the barn to warn the strangers of her brothers plan.

Nate and Jackson are more than friends; they are lovers i
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

A shotgun wedding can leave a bad taste in a woman’s mouth but not for Sarah McLeod. After wielding a shovel and jamming her knee into a part of Nate Campbell’s “anatomy that no knee had a right being anywhere near”; and then being caught in the barn that night with Nate and a naked Jackson Kellar, Sarah soon finds herself standing in front of a preacher saying wedding vows.

Nate and Jackson are lovers during a time when their love fo
Jody
Coming off her previous menage story Texas Tangle, Ms. Braemel is revisiting the family in this historical prequel set in the 1880's where homosexual couplings resulted in death. For Jackson Kellar and Nate Campbell all they want to do is live their life in peace sharing farm work and their bed without fear from their neighbors. Enter Sarah McLeod, half-Indian with a father and brother who treat her like garbage, who gets wrangled into marrying Jackson after being discovered in a compromising po ...more
Emme
This is a review of an ARC I received from Netgalley.

Er, I never thought I would read an erotic/romance set in the Old West, with a menage-a-trois twist-- but Tangled Past is just that. Other reviewers have given a summary, so I won't do that. I really liked this departure from the usual western erotics. I liked the hint of danger as Nate and Jackson pursued their relationship. I also liked the idea of a shotgun marriage that could possibly come between Nate and Jackson. The scenes between the g
Erica
Mar 19, 2013 Erica rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Erica by: Tabatha Scott
Very, very sweet menage. Not the best one I have ever read but definitely some very hot scenes and I liked it that it was a true threesome and not just sharing of the woman. Sarah was very lucky indeed to come across Jackson and Nate...what sweet, loving men and how lucky she was to find them both. I especially loved the epilogue where it shows them way in the future with their grandchildren running around. I would have liked to have seen more relationship development between Sarah and Nate. The ...more
Coral
This is one of those times I really wish I could give half stars. The love story here was actually much more compelling than I thought it would be. Since it started out as a "shotgun wedding" I was fairly sure I wasn't going to believe the developing relationship, but was pleasantly surprised in that regard.

What was missing then, you might ask? Some danger. I really think the whole stepfather/stepbrother/cattle rustling issue is taken care of much too quickly. (view spoiler)
Amber  Read
I thought that this was a pretty good book. Sarah is forced to marry a man that she just met because she finds him in the barn half naked. Jackson is immediately attracted to Sarah, so he's not too upset that he has to marry her.

Sarah is living in less than ideal situation so it's really no skin off her teeth that she's being forced to marry Jackson. Her mother had an affair with a Native American and she was shunned by her family. Her "father" basically treated her like a maid.

Really the only
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens, #4)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1)
  • Prisoner of Love (Brothers in Arms, #8)
  • Three to Tango
  • Worlds Apart
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Half Hearts
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Briar's Cowboys (Daly Way, #5)
  • Erica's Choice
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Take Your Pick
  • Polished
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst, #3)
Married to her college sweetheart and the mother of two sons, Leah is the only woman in a houseful of men—even their dog and cat are male. She loves escaping the ever-multiplying dust bunnies by opening up her laptop to write about sexy heroes and the women who challenge them.

Reviewers have awarded Leah’s books numerous Top Pick and Recommended Reads designations as well as nominated them as Best
More about Leah Braemel...

Tangled (3 books)
  • Texas Tangle (Tangled #1)
  • Tangled Bundle
Private Property (Hauberk Protection, #1) Texas Tangle (Tangled #1) Personal Protection (Hauberk Protection, #2) Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3) First Night (Hauberk Protection, #0.5)