The Great Brain Picker-Upper: A Book on Finding Happiness Every Day

The Great Brain Picker-Upper: A Book on Finding Happiness Every Day

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An illustrated odyssey that discovers ways to find happiness in simple terms and with fun illustrations, this visionary book cannot be read and put away. Rather, you'll want to read it cover-to-cover and then keep it at close hand for a delicious dose of optimism. There's something in The Great Brain Picker-Upper for everybody. It's like daily therapy for the mind and soul...more
Published June 9th 2011 by Abounding LIfestyle

Lois
I was a First Reads Giveaway winner of this book. This is a quick simple inspirational read, the kind of book that you breeze through. The quote that resonates with me today is, "Everything doesn't have to make sense to me all the time." Most of the book consists of stick figure cartoon drawings next to a quotation. I was going to set this book aside to pick up once in a while when I needed a lift then decided to bring it to work to leave in our kitchen library. It's the kind of book you want to...more
Candice Mckinney
Received this book today. Sat down and read it. Quick and easy to read. Part of it really made me think, the cartoon are funny. I laughed out loud. Steve Kapelonis did a wonderful job writing this book. The illustrations by his wife Elena are very funny. This is a great book to pick back up every now and then and reread. Very inspirational.

I read this again. I liked it even better the second time. I think you get something out of it every time you read it. I am adding a star.
Carrie
Jun 20, 2011 Carrie marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Who couldn't use a little pick-me-up now and then? I'm definitely looking forward to the cartoons! Thanks Goodreads, looking forward to receiving this!
Lenorek
This is a cute little book that you can pick up and get quick inspiration. Nothing new, nothing earth-shattering, but little reminders from a stick man and his quotes that most certainly will make you smile. One of my favorite quotes is something like, "Everything doesn't always have to make sense." So true.
IrenesChristianReviews
This book is short and mostly stick figure cartoons with simple uplifting sayings. I read it quickly and found some of it worth reading again. If you have a friend in need of encouragment this just might be the book to give them. I would read this again on a day I am feeling down.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Miles Pack
Miles Pack marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Meggie
Meggie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Doug
Doug marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2011
Motaz
Motaz marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2011
Jodi Blyde
Jodi Blyde marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2011
Joann
Joann marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2011
Nicole716
Nicole716 marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2011
Yza
Yza marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2011
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2011
Kavanjit
Kavanjit marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2011
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2011
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2011
Gunta
Gunta marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2011
Edith
Edith marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Renee Robinson
Renee Robinson marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2011
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Amanda Kruckenberg
Amanda Kruckenberg marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2011
Fatma
Fatma marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2011
Norty
Norty marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2011