Start by marking “Lord of the Vampires: 4-in-1 Bundle (Royal House of Shadows, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Lord of the Vampires: 4-in-1 Bundle (Royal House of Shadows, #1-4)

Lord of the Vampires: 4-in-1 Bundle (Royal House of Shadows #1-4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  631 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Lord of the Vampires Royal House of Shadows #1

Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with vengeance.
Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out.…

Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #119, 543 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Lord of the Vampires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of the Vampires

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardDeliver Me from Darkness by Tes HilaireEternal Rider by Larissa IoneImmortal Rider by Larissa IoneSin Undone by Larissa Ione
Purchased March 2012
55th out of 57 books — 13 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSlave by Sherri HayesThe Riding School by C.P. Mandara
BDSM Slave-Captive Stories
317th out of 318 books — 762 voters

More lists with this book...

Peep (Pop! Pop!)
This is only for The Darkest Angel-

I enjoyed reading about how Bianka the Harpy and Lysander the Angel got together. It's short and cute with a little drama mixed in. We even get to spend time with Olivia, one of my favorite girls from the series.

I liked when he had to eat the food in order to stake claim on it. He gagged because he was so used to eating fruit, nuts, and veggies. Bianka wanted good food like fries but he couldn't stomach it. She ate everything, well except the broccoli. She thr
It was okay I was a little disappointed though. I've just been spoiled by Gena Showalter because of her Lords of the Underworld books and now I exspect all of her books to blow me away just like that and its so stupid that I'm so disappointed whenever they aren't. Authors can't get it perfect everytime I guess thats what loyal fans are for right?
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
This review is only for "The Darkest Angel"

Note: The Darkest Angel is included in the Anthology book – Heart of Darkness – which also features works from Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard. However, I only read The Darkest Angel.

*loud sigh* I don’t know how or why – but for some inexplicable reason, the whole ‘harpy’ storyline does not do it for me. Maybe because it OVERWHELMED the last book, The Darkest Whisper, and completely stopped the storyline, or who knows? Regardless, after The Darkest Whi
Lord of the Vampires Royal House of Shadows #1

Nicolai the Vampire was renowned for his virility, but in a twist of fate "The Dark Seducer" had become a sex slave in the kingdom of Delfina—stripped of his precious timepiece and his memory. All that r
I just read the main story, Lord of the Vampires, as I'm not caught up enough on the other series to read the novellas included.

I like the premise of the Royal House of Shadows and this was a good first book. Not quite sure how it will go with the remaining books being done by other authors, but we'll see.

Nicolai, a vampire prince in a faraway realm, has been enslaved and had his memory swiped. Somehow, he has become connected to a plain, human woman and he enlists her help to free him.

Loved all the stories and how they all relate to other series. The only one I haven't been introduced to until this book is the Alantis series. But it has spiked my interest now.
Latasha Jones
Loved this book. But all of her books so far has been page turners addictive for the most part. Her series are a must read
I love this story.
loved Lord of the Vampires and one of the others in the book - but couldn't get into the other 2 -
I enjoyed the first in the Royal House of Shadows series, though I found Jane to be more interesting than Nicolai. The other three stories weren't too bad, The Amazon's Curse was my favorite out of the three. Only they were each just a little too short; I understand that they are short stories, but they could have evened the pacing out a bit better, as each ending felt very rushed.
I'll have to admit, I only read the first story. The other three are a part of a series that I haven't read yet. I hate to read things out of order so I'll pick it up if I read the other books. I liked the story of Nicolai and Jane. It was a little cheesy and corny, but it was a fun read. I can't wait to pick up the rest of the series by the other authors.
This was a very good story, it had the dark and sultry sexiness of The Lords of the Underworld along with the quirkiness of the Tales of an Extraordinary Girl. The only thing I did not like, it seemed after it ended incompletely, like Ms. Showalter stopped in the middle. Hopefully it will conclude by the end of the series.

Karla Angeles
No tengo mucho que opinar del libro, simplemente me pareció entretenido y ya.
nicolai-vampire/jane-human(odette illusion)___LOU lystander-angel/Bianka- harpy sabin&gwen's wedding____zane -vampire/nola- amazon___LOU Atlas/Nike(read bout them sumwhere, think they showd up on sum1s doorstep in nother book??)

I like lord of the vampire but felt like there was something missing in the story. And OF COURSE I LOVE the other stories of Atlantis and lords of the underworld!! Amazing! I enjoyed the book!:)
have not read the other stories, they seem to be part of the
lords of the underworld series, and I am not up to date on
A bit disappointed with most of the stories. I liked the strong heroines, but missed something in the stories.
was split with darkest angel it didn't do anything for me. Wish it had, would have been great book!!
Sep 29, 2011 Lis marked it as to-read
Shelves: challenge, tbr-pile
Only read short bonus story of Darkest Angel 8/31/2011 - Did not read Lord of Vampires.
Oct 16, 2013 Ana marked it as to-read
i only read lords of the underworld 3.5 and 4.5 of this collection...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Royal House of Shadows
Category: Paranormal Romance
sexy yummy all of her underworld books ate steamy!
Carmen Haskins
Carmen Haskins marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Krystal marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Reelika marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Julia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Talia Perry
Talia Perry marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
  • Lord of the Wolfyn & Twin Targets
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • The Prince of Frogs (Night's Rose #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Claimed by a Vampire (The Claiming #2)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
  • Power to the Max (Max Starr, #4)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Golden Vampire (Vampire Moons #1)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • A Wolf's Heart (Valorian Chronicles #6)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Royal House of Shadows (4 books)
  • Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)