Start by marking “The House on Mayberry Road” as Want to Read:
The House on Mayberry Road

Read eBook

The House on Mayberry Road

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A house not only haunted by spirits but infested with beings beyond the limits of human imagination.

When four adventurous teenagers go to investigate the supposed
‘haunted house’ out on Mayberry Road, they get more than they‘d
bargained for. One boy ends up dead, two others psychotic, and another comatose. The house is not just haunted, it is somehow alive. And extremely dan
Paperback, Second, 300 pages
Published July 15th 2011 by World Castle Publishing (first published June 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The House on Mayberry Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House on Mayberry Road

Beth Price
Jul 16, 2011 Beth Price rated it it was amazing
Every town has that one old and spooky looking house that the kids make up ghost stories about. Teenagers looking for a thrill on Friday night will double dog dare some poor kid to show their bravery by going up onto the porch or going all the way inside.

But what happens when the house is actually haunted? In TROY McCOMBS' novel THE HOUSE ON MAYBERRY ROAD, that is exactly the problem.

Most people have forgotten that the house on Mayberry Road even exists. That is until thrill seeking teens come
Katherine
Aug 27, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it
*Won on First Reads Giveaway*

The House of Mayberry Rd is a well written horror about a "haunted" house that destroys nearly everyone who it comes in contact with. It's up to John Rollings, a poor, guilt-ridden psychic, to figure out what is controlling the house and why it is killing so many people- and of course, how to get rid of it.

This genre is usually not my thing. I like to read before I go to bed, which didn't work so well with this one. I usually appreciate detailed descriptions, because
S.L. Wallace
Jun 15, 2013 S.L. Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The House on Mayberry Road is a dangerous place to venture. It's not the sort of place you want to stumble upon by chance, nor the type of haunted house schoolchildren should spend a night, or even five minutes, not even on a double dog dare. There is something very wrong with the house on Mayberry Road. Why do the locals keep their distance? Why does it continue to look brand new, even after years of neglect? And why does it call to John Rollings in his dreams? Venture in to learn the truth, if ...more
alice reuss
Dec 29, 2015 alice reuss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The house on Mayberry Road

I chose this rating because it kept me interested and on the edge of my seat. It was a very good story and it brought you into the story with it. That's the kind I like .It almost comes alive as u are reading it .I would give it a 10 if there was such a number.Best book I have read in a long time. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read a suspense story. VERY GOOD.
Esme
The House on Mayberry Road had a strong start. Then it slows a bit down and there were more desultory sequences. The novel was different as I had expected. Chapters begins to often with the protagonist wake up and he stays a pale figure during the book. The idea of Cthulhu's children is so far so good.

The House on Mayberry Street von Troy McCombs fängt großartig an, mit einem unheimlichen Haus in einer kleinen Stadt und einen kurzen und wahrhaft erschreckenden Blick auf ein paar Tentakel seines
Rich Padzik
Jan 27, 2016 Rich Padzik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghosts from the past and present

A very thrilling ride from start to finish . A good Look at the history, to bring the reader up to date on the story line. Th characters. Are not to be trusted.
Elizabeth Maher
Dec 23, 2015 Elizabeth Maher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enthralling story that won't let you go!

This book is full of surprises! I am not into sci-fi . But this book I really enjoyed reading. It's suspenseful, action, romance and engrossing.
Kelly Truelove
Sep 02, 2013 Kelly Truelove rated it really liked it
Come with Me to the House on Mayberry Road

I really enjoyed this story, though it wasn't quite what I expected. I went looking for a story about a haunted house and got that and so much more. Even though I'm really not a sci-fi fan, I couldn't help but appreciate the direction in which the author took me as a reader. The characters were interesting, and I felt satisfied upon turning the last page. I really appreciated the sense of closure and the inkling that maybe, just maybe, the characters and
Inas
Dec 25, 2015 Inas rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read it for free on my Kindle.
Very poorly written. Did not enjoy it at all.
Denise Main
Feb 20, 2012 Denise Main rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any horror / Lovecraft enthusiasts
I loved this book - full of description, suspense, action and of course, Troy McCombs is by far the best HP Lovecraft apprentice I have read.

Forget any sort of distractions - like work or housework, stock up on food and drink, get comfortable and start reading.

Hours later you'll reach the end, look up and wonder briefly where you are.

Maybe look round and reassure yourself you're nowhere near the House on Mayberry Road after all.

You won't be, of course. But you might just hear the echo of a dog
Becky
Dec 27, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing
Keeps you on the edge of your seats. Has you rooting for the good guys. If this was made into a movie I think it would be good.
Gabriel
Apr 06, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
The idea was strong but the execution fell short. The book felt filled with disjointed sequences and occurrences that never seemed smoothly integrated into the story. it's a shame because for the most part the concept and the lovecraftian monster at its core was interesting.
Arielle
Sep 17, 2012 Arielle rated it liked it
Ok, I didn't really finish this today, I just can't remember when I did. And it was ok. Predictable, but ok. Read it in October and go out in the wood to an abandoned house, and it would be stellar. :-)
K.A. Storm
Nov 02, 2011 K.A. Storm rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It made me laugh, cry, and even have a few nightmares. Character development was spot on. I look forward to reading more works from Mr. McCombs.
Tona
Jan 30, 2012 Tona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't sleep last night after I finished this story. I kept looking for the "beast" with the 22 eyes. I'm still a little freaked.
Pamela
May 26, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
This book started out well and then became hard to get through. It moved along slowly. The ending picked up speed again and was good.
Tracy Jones
May 11, 2012 Tracy Jones rated it liked it
A good story with some very good characters, situations and settings. Author has a lot of potential.
Jamie Adams
May 06, 2012 Jamie Adams rated it did not like it
A terrible read.
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Amy McLaughlin
Amy McLaughlin rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Chris Sanford
Chris Sanford marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Raye
Raye added it
Polly Pierce
Polly Pierce is currently reading it
Mommacat
Mommacat marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Ashley Vail
Ashley Vail marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
  • Creative Spirit
  • The Haunting of Sam Cabot (A Novel)
  • What Zombies Fear: A Father's Quest
  • Blink
  • Confessions of a Cake Addict
  • Bewitched in Time (Salem Moon, #1)
  • 12|21|12
  • From Such Small Things
  • A Cold Day in Hell
  • Faerie Cake Dead (Luna Devere, #1)
  • Night's Knights
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Inferno Park