Start by marking “Dating a Saint (Never Too Late, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dating a Saint (Never Too Late, #3)

Dating a Saint (Never Too Late #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  424 ratings  ·  24 reviews
After divorcing her cheating ex-husband years ago, 42 yr old Lauren McCarthy is pleased with herself for finding ways to be happy that don’t involve dating and men. Who needs that kind of headache or heartache anyway? Her best friends call her a saint for choosing a celibate life over a man in her bed, but Lauren considers it just self-preservation. That’s why it’s so pain...more
Published April 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Dating a Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating a Saint

Pattianne
Dating A Saint - Never Too Late #3 (Jim and Lauren)

After divorcing her cheating ex-husband years ago, 42 yr old Lauren McCarthy is pleased with herself for finding ways to be happy that don't involve dating and men. Who needs that kind of headache or heartache anyway? Her best friends call her a saint for choosing a celibate life over a man in her bed, but Lauren considers it just self-preservation. It took a lot of therapy to deal with being married to a man habitually sleeping with other women...more
Lexxie
*I got a free ARC of this book from Manic Readers in exchange of an honest review*

These books get better and better as the series goes forward! I loved Jim and Lauren! They both really deserve happiness, and their finally getting together was like fireworks!

Full review to come soon.
Lisa Hines
Kirstin's Review:

Dating A Saint by Donna McDonald, book 3 in the Never Too Late series.

Lauren is a curvy 42 year old socialite known for her giving heart and amazing fund raising capabilities. Unfortunately her cheating slime of an ex-husband has had her practically swearing off men for the past seven years. That is until she met James Gallagher.

Jim is a big hunky older guy with an undeserved reputation as a cheating husband even though nobody has seen his wife in years. Meanwhile his attract...more
Kimberlyn
In a sea of romance novels that appear to be aiming to shock the pants off me, McDonald's characters are a welcome buoy. She has what many lack -- the ability to write well crafted characters, plausible (& intelligent) conflicts, and full story arcs (no absentee falling actions & 2-page resolutions) with the bonus of steamy scenes. I have definitely found a favorite with her Never too Late series.

With Dating a Saint, we focus on Lauren & Jim. These two are unquestionably the least i...more
Cara Schwarz
Donna is a saint, or so everyone thought. All she needs is the correct person to bring it out, and that is Jim. Yes, this is a light chick lit story but it is still enjoyable with plausable characters.
Kim
I knew from the previous book Dating Dr. Notorious Never Too Late Series that Laura and Jim had a thing for each other, so it was gr8 to read about them acting on their emotions in this book. The story line about Jim and his wife really very touching and really humanized this story. I just wish Jim would have gotten over his moral dilemma sooner so him and Lauren could have gotten together quicker, but it all worked out in the end. I wouldnt mind reading more about these two as they star their f...more
Mary
Reading about love later in life doesn't get better than this series! Don't pass up any of these books!
Lidia
Lauren is really a saint, I have been so mad at Jim almost for whole book, but I liked very much this story, so complex, romantic, intense without losing the verve, the brio and the fun that is characteristic of this series .
Angela
Lauren and Jim's story was romantic in every way. Jim was more of a saint than Lauren. Finding out the reason Jim was still married and how he handled things is definitely not the way men handle things. The cat and mouse game was getting kind of old, but they finally sealed the deal. I am excited to read Jenna and Seth's story next. I like her books and how she doesn't let the story end with the first book. Jenna and Seth's story was introduced in the first book. Surprised they were the last boo...more
Kim
Really liked the story line from this author. It was a good read and would definitely recommend this author with this series.
Nadine
Another fun story in the Never too late series! I loved the fact that the Lauren is not your average girl next door, but a very tall and capable woman! In life so many times, the stereotypes of what a woman is supposed to look like, makes a lot of women out there who do not fit into that mould feel like they are not worth it! Well, Donna McDonald has a way to make us see, that it takes all kinds of women to make the world interesting!
Tamaria Soana
To watch Miss Lauren come out of her shell was awesome!! Jim, what can I say about Jim except that he is so yummy! I'm having a heard time figuring out what couple I like the most and I love the friendship that these three amazing have.
Angie
This story is about a woman who finally becomes completely who she is meant to be and the man who decides that he deserves to love her. Their challenge is not the typical romance issue which made this book more rewarding for me.
Jade aka MrsTosh
I love these book and am so sad there is only one more left in the series for me to read.

This series will have you in stiches, tears and leave you with a smile on your face.
Chrys
I absolutely love this series - strong more mature independent women. I love all of Donna McDonald's books. Laughs and loves, what more do you want
Michele Q.
All I can say is WoW --- What Jim did and what he went through for so long he finally was able to find happiness and love with Lauren
Jayda Thompson
I could never get tired of this series. It has so much romance and I just love it. I can't wait to read the other books.
Linda Andrews
I cyed a lot reading this book it was also funny.This series of 4 books (Never to Late )is very good.
Tania Thomas
Enjoyed the light heartedness of this book, & am enjoying the characters as they develop through the series
Amalia
This book was so sweet. Le sigh! I enjoyed every minute of this book.
Janice
I have loved everyone of these books. I am presently # 5. They are wonderful.
Roxanne
loved book no 3 as well i think i like this one the best so far :)
Black Butterfly
A REALLY GREAT SERIES, I LOVED THEM ALL.
Louise Tranborg
Not much of a saint! But funny as the devil ;-)
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Charisma Hermosa
Charisma Hermosa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Friends to Lovers (Aisle Bound, #3)
  • Marty (The Lawson Boys #2)
  • Tangling with the CEO: A Half Moon Bay Novel
  • A Missing Peace
  • Legacy (The Time Weaver Chronicles #2)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • The Cowgirl Ropes a Billionaire (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #4)
  • A Tale of Two Mommies
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Knight In Black Leather
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Friends with More Benefits (Friends with Benefits, #3)
  • Summer Lovin'
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Love Game (The Matchmaker, #3)
  • Summer Fling
  • A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules
I am an active dreamer and find writing to be the best way to use my creativity. Needing to satisfy both sides of my brain, I have become a cross-genre author of contemporary, romantic comedy, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romances.

I feel blessed that my books appear on bestseller lists for humor, romantic comedy, space opera, and more. I crave laughter from all my readers and focus my...more
More about Donna McDonald...
Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1) Carved In Stone (Art of Love, #1) Dating Dr. Notorious (Never Too Late, #2) Dating a Metro Man (Never Too Late, #4) Created In Fire (Art of Love, #2)