Start by marking “Dating a Saint (Never Too Late, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dating a Saint (Never Too Late, #3)

Dating a Saint (Never Too Late #3)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  568 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Who's the sinner and who's the saint?

After divorcing her cheating ex-husband years ago, 42 yr old Lauren McCarthy is upset to find herself attracted to a married man. Or at least, 42 yr old James Gallagher says he's married, even though Lauren has never seen a wife. Every time Jim puts his hands on her, she thinks if Jim would only trust her with his secrets, she might be
Published April 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Dating a Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating a Saint

Pattianne
Jan 17, 2014 Pattianne rated it it was amazing
Dating A Saint - Never Too Late #3 (Jim and Lauren)

After divorcing her cheating ex-husband years ago, 42 yr old Lauren McCarthy is pleased with herself for finding ways to be happy that don't involve dating and men. Who needs that kind of headache or heartache anyway? Her best friends call her a saint for choosing a celibate life over a man in her bed, but Lauren considers it just self-preservation. It took a lot of therapy to deal with being married to a man habitually sleeping with other women
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I got a free ARC of this book from Manic Readers in exchange of an honest review*

These books get better and better as the series goes forward! I loved Jim and Lauren! They both really deserve happiness, and their finally getting together was like fireworks!

Full review to come soon.
Lisa
Dec 31, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kirstin
Kirstin's Review:

Dating A Saint by Donna McDonald, book 3 in the Never Too Late series.

Lauren is a curvy 42 year old socialite known for her giving heart and amazing fund raising capabilities. Unfortunately her cheating slime of an ex-husband has had her practically swearing off men for the past seven years. That is until she met James Gallagher.

Jim is a big hunky older guy with an undeserved reputation as a cheating husband even though nobody has seen his wife in years. Meanwhile his attract
Kimberly
May 06, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series! Jim and Lauren's story was awesome! I think this is my favorite so far in this series! Lauren hasn't really dated or anything and has been named "Saint" by her two notorious friends. But when she is around Jim, everything saint about her goes out the window. Jim is a married man but things aren't as they seem. He wants Lauren but keeps feeling guilt and Lauren has about had enough of that. Considering she can kick most men's butt, Jim better get his feelings sorted out s ...more
Kimberlyn
Jun 16, 2013 Kimberlyn rated it liked it
In a sea of romance novels that appear to be aiming to shock the pants off me, McDonald's characters are a welcome buoy. She has what many lack -- the ability to write well crafted characters, plausible (& intelligent) conflicts, and full story arcs (no absentee falling actions & 2-page resolutions) with the bonus of steamy scenes. I have definitely found a favorite with her Never too Late series.

With Dating a Saint, we focus on Lauren & Jim. These two are unquestionably the least i
Ash       Field-Smith
May 22, 2016 Ash Field-Smith rated it really liked it
Nice to finally see lauren get her happy ending, was not expecting some of the twists in this book at all, particularly about his wife. Hated lauren's mother lydia though! I know there's another book set about her but I don't intend to read that one since I can't see myself warming to her at all!
Going to read the next one soon, then thats probably the last of the series I will read, since the rest are on other characters not head of before. Great read!
Kandy
Dec 11, 2014 Kandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
WOW, these books in this series keep getting better and better!! So Lauren is the good girl who always does everything right and tries to keep the peace with her mother who is a real piece of work! Lauren meets James and the sparks fly! She is scared that he may be like her dog ex husband, but then she throws the good girl out if the window & becomes notorious like her friends!! Loved this book!!!
Cara Schwarz
Jun 29, 2014 Cara Schwarz rated it liked it
Donna is a saint, or so everyone thought. All she needs is the correct person to bring it out, and that is Jim. Yes, this is a light chick lit story but it is still enjoyable with plausable characters.
Melissa
Nov 08, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Lauren's story

Oh how surprised I was to read about Lauren and Jim. Not at all who I thought they would be! I'm now excited to read the next book in this series!!!
Kim
Sep 04, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
I knew from the previous book Dating Dr. Notorious Never Too Late Series that Laura and Jim had a thing for each other, so it was gr8 to read about them acting on their emotions in this book. The story line about Jim and his wife really very touching and really humanized this story. I just wish Jim would have gotten over his moral dilemma sooner so him and Lauren could have gotten together quicker, but it all worked out in the end. I wouldnt mind reading more about these two as they star their f ...more
Deirdre Davenport
May 26, 2015 Deirdre Davenport rated it it was amazing
Love the series!

I have enjoyed the humor & the chemistry with all the characters- great stories. Have laughed out loud when no-one around
Mary
Jul 10, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
Reading about love later in life doesn't get better than this series! Don't pass up any of these books!
Lidia
Jan 23, 2014 Lidia rated it it was amazing
Lauren is really a saint, I have been so mad at Jim almost for whole book, but I liked very much this story, so complex, romantic, intense without losing the verve, the brio and the fun that is characteristic of this series .
Angela
Dec 11, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Lauren and Jim's story was romantic in every way. Jim was more of a saint than Lauren. Finding out the reason Jim was still married and how he handled things is definitely not the way men handle things. The cat and mouse game was getting kind of old, but they finally sealed the deal. I am excited to read Jenna and Seth's story next. I like her books and how she doesn't let the story end with the first book. Jenna and Seth's story was introduced in the first book. Surprised they were the last boo ...more
Kim
Aug 14, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Really liked the story line from this author. It was a good read and would definitely recommend this author with this series.
Nadine
Aug 26, 2013 Nadine rated it really liked it
Another fun story in the Never too late series! I loved the fact that the Lauren is not your average girl next door, but a very tall and capable woman! In life so many times, the stereotypes of what a woman is supposed to look like, makes a lot of women out there who do not fit into that mould feel like they are not worth it! Well, Donna McDonald has a way to make us see, that it takes all kinds of women to make the world interesting!
Tamaria Soana
Feb 01, 2012 Tamaria Soana rated it it was amazing
To watch Miss Lauren come out of her shell was awesome!! Jim, what can I say about Jim except that he is so yummy! I'm having a heard time figuring out what couple I like the most and I love the friendship that these three amazing have.
Angie
Aug 11, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
This story is about a woman who finally becomes completely who she is meant to be and the man who decides that he deserves to love her. Their challenge is not the typical romance issue which made this book more rewarding for me.
Karen
May 03, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
So enjoyed this book. Great addition to a great series. What's better than family even if it an unconventional family. Loved the simple solution to his problem. Great love story
Jade aka MrsTosh
Mar 20, 2012 Jade aka MrsTosh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I love these book and am so sad there is only one more left in the series for me to read.

This series will have you in stiches, tears and leave you with a smile on your face.
Chrys
Jun 24, 2013 Chrys rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series - strong more mature independent women. I love all of Donna McDonald's books. Laughs and loves, what more do you want
Michele Q.
Jul 30, 2013 Michele Q. rated it it was amazing
All I can say is WoW --- What Jim did and what he went through for so long he finally was able to find happiness and love with Lauren
Jayda Thompson
Jun 05, 2013 Jayda Thompson rated it really liked it
I could never get tired of this series. It has so much romance and I just love it. I can't wait to read the other books.
Linda Andrews
Sep 20, 2012 Linda Andrews rated it it was amazing
I cyed a lot reading this book it was also funny.This series of 4 books (Never to Late )is very good.
Tania Thomas
Sep 13, 2012 Tania Thomas rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the light heartedness of this book, & am enjoying the characters as they develop through the series
Amalia
Mar 11, 2012 Amalia rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet. Le sigh! I enjoyed every minute of this book.
Janice
Oct 17, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I have loved everyone of these books. I am presently # 5. They are wonderful.
Roxanne
Jan 30, 2012 Roxanne rated it it was amazing
loved book no 3 as well i think i like this one the best so far :)
Black Butterfly
Sep 22, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it it was amazing
A REALLY GREAT SERIES, I LOVED THEM ALL.
Louise Tranborg
Jan 23, 2013 Louise Tranborg rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, kærlighed
Not much of a saint! But funny as the devil ;-)
  • Summer Fling
  • Friends with Extra Benefits (Friends with Benefits, #4)
  • Be My Baby Tonight (Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Forgotten (The Witches of Santa Anna, #14)
  • Baby Jane Doe (The Precinct, # 4)
  • It’s a Dog’s Life
  • I Do. . . or Die
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)
  • Center Stage (Keller Family, #4)
  • One Perfect Night
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • The Lawson Boys: Marty (The Lawson Boys, #2)
  • Perfect Strangers
I am an active dreamer and find writing to be the best way to use my creativity. Needing to satisfy both sides of my brain, I have become a cross-genre author of contemporary, romantic comedy, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romances.

I feel blessed that my books appear on bestseller lists for humor, romantic comedy, space opera, and more. I crave laughter from all my readers and focus my
More about Donna McDonald...

Never Too Late (6 books)
  • Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1)
  • Dating Dr. Notorious (Never Too Late, #2)
  • Dating a Metro Man (Never Too Late, #4)
  • Dating a Silver Fox (Never Too Late, #5)
  • Dating a Cougar II (Never Too Late, #6)

“When she went limp in his arms, her surrender calmed him a bit. He kissed her more softly then, but still desperately.” 0 likes