Start by marking “Praying God's Word: Praying God's Word:Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds” as Want to Read:
Praying God's Word: Praying God's Word:Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds

Praying God's Word: Praying God's Word:Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  8,173 ratings  ·  143 reviews
Beth Moore's #1 best-selling book (more than one million copies in print) is available in paperback for the first time!

Praying God's Word is the perennial favorite Scripture-prayer resource designed to help us decisively overcome specific strongholds: pride, idolatry, addiction, loss, depression, unbelief, temptation, and more.

No matter how overwhelmed or out of control
Published (first published March 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Praying God's Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Praying God's Word

Bethany
I cannot put a finish date on this book because it will never have one. Next to my Bible it is the most used book that I have. I call it my Bible Handbook. For anyone who is really serious about becoming all that God means for you to be this book is a must have.
Rebecca
I have been reading this book for quite a while now, it is an integral part of my quiet time with the Lord in the morning and I don't seem to stop reading it over and over. Praying the Word back to God these past few months has been powerful in my walk with Christ. There is POWER in praying God's word back to Him! By God's grace He has been so faithful to deliver me from many strongholds that have held me captive for years, misbeliefs and lies that I held as core truths and values in my life! On ...more
Dot
Awesome book, that can be an independent study, topical bible study or just a personal reference on several "trouble spots" of the christian walk. I have seen it used as a group bible study but because of the temptation to share outside of the group, I would recommend a very defined and disciplined fixed group to be the most successful. I use it as a topical reference and "check-up" for my heart condition and my walk.

Overcoming
Idolatry
Unbelief
Pride
Deception
The Insecurity of Feeling Unloved
Feel
Carmen
Maybe I read this book at a wrong time in my life... Or it may be my catholic upbringing with "man made prayers" that makes me unconfortable with Praying God's Word. I prefer to talk to God instead. I read His word and reading it reminds me that what I am asking is within His will, which is mainly what the author says in this book. But I prefer to use my own words or just say "Lord, I don't know what I need, but I trust You. Please help!"
I read this book on my Kindle, but I have ordered a copy to mark up and use again and again. Not only that, but I have already ordered and given away three copies Beth Moore addresses strongholds with which people struggle, and she brings compassionate and loving insight into these issues, followed by scriptures that can be used to combat these strongholds as "the battlefield is the mind."
Adam Shields
Short review: After reading the cover story in Christianity Today in August on Beth Moore, I thought I should probably read something by her. I had a copy of Praying God's Word in audiobook that my mother had purchased on our shared Audible.com account a couple years ago. So I started listening to it. It was great content. If you have heard about praying by using scripture, but have never done it or would like more instruction, this is a great place to do it. But DO NOT get this on audiobook. It ...more
Karen
Intense book if you work through it front to back. It has so much content. And I can see it being a great book to refer back to when I'm going through any of the specific problems it breaks down in the individual chapters.

This book definitely made me read the Word in a new way. I search more for application and ways to pray and connect with the stories.

I definitely recommend this book, but I don't know if it's the best book to go through in a small group setting. I think it would be better self
Scarlett Pierson
Must buy this book immediately! Not a book to borrow! The prayers listed are so great. If you are struggling with truth and strongholds this book must be purchased, then studied, read, recited, meditated on because it's all scripture to the specific need. What a great book!
Britt
This book gave me some wisdom I was needing, particularly the chapter on Belief. Many chapters do not apply, but Beth Moore covers just about every stronghold in this book and how to pray yourself or others out of it. I found it helpful to have read the other chapters because it allowed me to be more compassionate to others with different struggles.
Mevanee
This book is a wonderful prayer guide for praying about the strongholds of idolatry, pride, lack of forgiveness, hurts. Moore once again does a great job of making God's word apply to our lives, particularly our prayer lives. I've prayed all my life, but I found the book added a new depth to my prayers and a new meaning for my prayers.
Soul Passport
If I had to choose a single book that was pivotal in changing my life's direction, this is it. It's an amazing book. I have the audio version as well and often times listen to it as I lay in bed at night. Thank you, Beth, for listening to God's direction in your life. You've changed this life forever.
Molly
It's a good reference for those moments when your mind gets confused and muddled and you lose the plot (which for me is all the time)
Whether you happen upon hurt feelings, unforgiveness, depression, or anything that clouds your ability to think straight, it is so great to have this book handy.
Mariana
From a Biblical perspective I think this is a God-breth book. It talks about and prompts you to use God's Word as the weapon It IS. It's not a book from the writer, but from God Himself, organized in many topics such as addiction, pride, and many other stringholds, and can be continued by the reader following the same "recipie". God's word talks about every stronghold possible, we just need to dive in, and the use of this book may help you love this Spirit-powered weapon.
Ashley
What an awesome resource! This book takes God's promises from scripture and turns them into heartfelt prayers. Even more importantly, the book encourages you to use your own words and gives you some opportunities in the last chapter. This is not a book you read cover to cover, so I focused on the chapter about praying through depression. There was a lot of truth and hope in that chapter. It was so encouraging to see other characters from the Bible crying out against their own darkness, and cling ...more
Julie Hicks
WONDERFUL Resource for Strongholds

As Christians we all face challenges and have weaknesses. None of us are perfect. Beth uses this book to help us come to terms with some common strongholds and helps us face them head on and prayerfully. This book is still n excellent resource and I've found many chapters I will be reading over repeatedly.
Nicole
More of a devotional than a book to read, per se. Wonderful prayers based on Scripture arranged by topic. I have the Kindle edition and the format doesn't lend itself to be utilized as easily. I got the devotional that accompanies this book at the same time (both were offered for free for a limited time along with a number of other books by Moore) and that works better for me on the Kindle. I think a print book would be better for this title because one could just flip to different prayers based ...more
ifocus
Apr 09, 2014 ifocus added it
Heartfelt

I would recommend this book for anyone who feel they might have stumbled, fell or even possibly lost sight of the Holy Spirit, the peace in their heart, or simply is one that takes interest in reading a selection of prayers written by another believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
Dionne
May 30, 2010 Dionne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Shelves: spiritual
I can't even begin to say how much I love this book. I have never thought so highly of a book that I've gone out and bought copies of it for family and friends, but I've done that with this one.

For years I've wanted a book that had done the research on scriptures that could be turned into prayers. Beth Moore has done that and so much more. I have yet to read or study anything done by Beth Moore that I wouldn't rate with 5 stars!!

I give this book my highest recommendation! You don't want to jus
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Inspiring,this book makes you step back and take a good hard look at your life and helps you make some changes that are needed to follow Christ.
Noelle Guest
A great reference book. Not the kind of book to read straight through.
K
This book wasn't really what I was looking for. It is mostly just a series of short prayers that are just paraphrases of scripture. Not easy to read and pray, I am finding the Day by Day version of the book to be more useful. Nothing against Moore's writing, I was just looking for something to inspire my prayer life and this format didn't do it.
Carrie
Excellent resource to return to time and time again.
Penny Burke

Amazing life changer!
We can be free!!!!!
Angie
Love this! More of you, Lord. Less of me.
Barb Madison
absolutely fabulous! Done the study twice
Chris
This is so helpful! It's not mystical or name it claim it, it's just the bible and prayer. For instances I was struggling a lot with hurtful people and really just wanting to rage against them. This book had a chapter on praying God's word when rejected. She has a chapter full of verses that applied directly to my situation and ways I could turn those into prayers! printed some out and kept them in my immediate area. I prayed them A LOT! They changed the way I reacted to abuse and helped me keep ...more
Dolly Smith
Changed my prayer life for the better!
Rena
Love Beth Moore's books.
InHisCare Reading...: PRAYING FOR COUNTRY/CONGRESS 1 4 Oct 16, 2013 10:26AM
  • He Still Moves Stones
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Becoming a Woman of Freedom
  • Walking with God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him. Really.
  • A Woman After God's Own Heart
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • Confessions of a Prayer Slacker
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises
  • The Search for Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God's Eyes
  • Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David: Member Book
  • Streams in the Desert
  • The Bondage Breaker
  • What's It Like to Be Married to Me?: And Other Dangerous Questions
  • Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets them Free
  • A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty
  • Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You

FROM THE AUTHOR'S WEB PAGE: Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word. She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ag
More about Beth Moore...
Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman [With 6 DVDs and Leader Guide, Member Book] So Long, Insecurity: You've Been A Bad Friend To Us Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance Believing God

“Faith is not believing in my own unshakable belief. Faith is believing an unshakable God when everything in me trembles and quakes.” 17 likes
“May God remind us daily—no matter what kind of obstacles we face—that we are loved and empowered by the One who brought the universe into existence with the mere sound of His voice. Nothing is impossible for Him.” 10 likes