Start by marking “Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain” as Want to Read:
Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain

Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  16 reviews
With the success of Bumperboy's first adventure, Debbie Huey returns with a brand new book titled Bumperboy & the Loud Loud Mountain. Join Bumperboy and his best pal Bumperpup as they unravel the mystery of a rather talkative mountain, meet new friends and discover a new enemy in this brand new all-ages adventure that will keep readers riveted!
Published August 8th 2006 by Ad House

To ask other readers questions about Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain

April
Just for fun stuff. 8 YO boy really liked this, and wanted another. He likes funny...slapstick kind of stuff, so I'm guessing this is some of that! He was giggling quite a bit during this read.
Readingkidslit
Bumperboy and his bumper dog travel to a new world. The land of the loud--and lonely--mountain. They find out the mountain used to have a village at its base--but that it was too loud and they moved away. How is the mountain the only one alive within the But what happened to the other mountains? and what are the mysterious creatures called Grum which live on the mountain? A bright, quick, and easy graphic novel.
Catherine
Adorable! Bumperboy and his trusty Bumperdog are terrific duo of adventure-seekers. I thought Bumperdog's way of communicating (Arf...then a little picture of what that arf was trying to convey) was very clever. The drawings were very appealing. They used facial expressions and perspective effectively to build character and move the story along. This is one graphic novel I'm going to start pitching to the kids!
Alison
I made the mistake of reading this one before I read the first and so I was a little confused about the world that Bumperboy and his dog live in. Overall, it is a cute little book that brings in the library and fighting to save the environment.
Jim
Cute story about Bumperboy and his pet Bumperpup find friends for a v.lonely mountain. The art is a gentler version of Scott Adams' Dilbert. I think this would be a fun read aloud or starter book for kids able to read chapter books.

Youth
I have been reading as many comics as I can to get a feel for what's out there. Bumperboy is rated for all ages. It's an interesting story with a happy ending. A little unusual but I think kids will like it. SD
David Keffer
Everybody in my house loves Bumperboy, kids and adults. In fact, I think everyone I have ever talked to that has ever heard of Bumperboy loves bumperboy. What a life Bumperboy must lead to be so well loved.
Erin Sterling
Adorable! Munklebee! A cute graphic novel about Bumperboy and his dog who speaks in "Pictonese" as they try to save Jumbra, a talking mountain, from the evil Dr. Yum. Highly recommended!
Renee
Jan 26, 2009 Renee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 2nd-4th
The main character visits a library to get information and then fights against the exploitation of the Grum species, thus balancing out the ecosystem - what's not to love?
Chelsea
Well, this is like a little kids comic book but i just felt like reading it.
im not saying a "little kids" book like 3 words a page it's much more
Kelly
Jan 26, 2012 Kelly added it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This book was interesting and different. I think I really liked it, and I checked out the other one today. It's funny/sci-fi/about helping others.
Carrie
Oct 30, 2008 Carrie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jami Haskell
Thoroughly enjoyable. Read this for a freelance job, but liked it so much. There is another Bumperboy book and I am totally going to read it.
Jamie Forrest
Once again, I quite enjoyed this Bumperboy. I love Bumperpup's speech.
Michael
Very sweet. Sort of a fantastical scifi Owly.
Sally
So so cute!!!
Thereluctantrose
Thereluctantrose marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Audrey Hammock
Audrey Hammock marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Debbie Huey is the artist/writer/creator of the all-ages Bumperboy comics series, which includes the Xeric Award winning book, "Bumperboy Loses His Marbles," and her latest full-length graphic novel, "Bumperboy and the Loud, Loud Mountain." Debbie admits that she hadn't purchased a comic book until the ripe age of 21, but has been addicted to reading and drawing comics ever since then.
More about Debbie Huey...
Bumperboy Loses His Marbles! Little Laura and the Birthday Surprise (A bilingual English/Chinese musical adventure series, Book 1)