Start by marking “The Habit of Winning” as Want to Read:
The Habit of Winning

The Habit of Winning

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  35 reviews
In The Habit of Winning, you’ll find stories that can change the way you think, work, live. Stories about leadership and teamwork, self-belief and perseverance. Life lessons from cola wars and cricket, Olympic heroes and ordinary folks. Stories that will help ignite a new passion and a renewed sense of purpose in your mind. And in your team’s heads and hearts too.A picture...more
Published February 15th 2012 by Penguin Global (first published February 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Habit of Winning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Habit of Winning

Venkataraman Kumbakonam S.
Prakash Iyer's style is direct and simple. He has touched various aspects of life, with an emphasis on leadership.

Shining as an expert in a given profession is one thing; but more important is developing right attitudes and earning respect and affection from all the people we move with in day-to-day life. The simple techniques the author explains through his stories are sure to help us in both ways.

He begins with highlighting the primary need of formulating clear goals. Then gives confidence th...more
Muralidhar Patnam
"He has something that will plant seeds in your mind. Read it, follow what he has to say and those seeds will blossom into fine oaks" - Wrote Harsha Bhogle about this insightful book. There is no better way to describe it. I took interest in it with Harsha's comment & got reinforced when i saw it as the profile picture of a friend's FB account

Started glancing through the pages after a late breakfast on a sunday morning
Once i started reading, i couldn't stop. It was like spending a late morni...more
Venkataraman N H
Its a wonderful read.You are taken on a voyage of situations experienced by people who defied the barriers set by ordinary men to achieve greatness.Its a book that can be reread any number of times.It inspires you in a unique sense.
Jeevagan
Jul 23, 2014 Jeevagan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Readers and Aspiring Enterprenuers
The Habit of Winning, Prakash Iyer, Penguin Books.

A self improvement book written with simple words. It has collection stories of success, perseverance, and struggle, inspiration to motivate the reader and to bring out the winner within him. We must appreciate the efforts of first time author for simplifying the Self development and management theories for the lay man. Well, The Habit of Winning, can be a good for beginners and can be classified as a must read for the beginners.
However, if you h...more
Varun Shringarpure
Aug 04, 2013 Varun Shringarpure rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Varun by: Kiran Patil
Shelves: my-favorites
One of the best books I have ever read. Read this book twice and definitely going to read it a few more times.
Rajat TWIT
An average self-help book, it contains many stories or examples from prior books/works in the same field. Though the book is short and the chapters are not more than 3-4 pages long, but at many places the language gets redundant. Some of the examples are repeated twice and makes a boring effect on the reader.
Not a bad read, but there are many other better and smarter books available (Dale Carnegie and even our desi Shiv Khera should be tried) to enjoy this genre.
Anushree
It is one of the very few non-fiction works I loved reading.

It is a wonderful book full of motivating short stories that each one of us can relate to. In fact some of them might be known. Each chapter in it, gives a single or a couple of short stories giving an inspiring message.The way each chapter is written, the message from every chapter flows out clear and crisp.

After finishing the book,as I glimpsed through the messages,I could actually remember the related stories. Some messages will cer...more
Firoz
I liked this book and and it is full of real life stories which certainly inspires anyone.This book has to be read slowly like other personal development books to ingrain those ideas into our lives, not a night sitter type.I am planning to read it again ;)
Kaushal Dhruw
The habit of winning is a collection of short motivational stories of some people and things (like Chinese bamboo), still you'd be surprised to see how well they connect at the end of the book. The best part you can pick up reading from the next story.

My friends who aren't much into reading motivational books are okay with reading short stories. I made them read the Karoly Takacs chapter. They loved it and read the whole book.

This book is highly inspiring. A must for everyone no exception. I gi...more
Vamsi Thota
For people who want to read books.. and looking for a starter.. Here it is .. Love they way its all started.
Vijayendra
Puneeth Bhurat
A must read book for every youngster.
Ashutosh
It is really a good read but can be compared to a Bollywood masala movie inspired from various Hollywood movies. Many of the stories are taken from here and there but then interpreted in some other direction. But if you get a collection of some really good stuffs at one place even then you should read.

First book which I could finish in one go. Not a big deal for many but for me. Interesting for sure.
Rk
awesome book. a must have book on your shelves
Akshada
Liked the contenet and examples linked. A Person should have some interest in sports to get involved completely in it. :)
Fabulous book...should be read again. Very good lessons for winning yourself and to retain this habit book shall be read again.

Skannd Tyagi
Very inspiring. Mr.Iyer has compiled some well known and some lesser known case histories and anecdotes to put forth his structured ideas about success in professional life, although, I must add that they apply to personal life as well.
Iyer
Fantastic book by prakash iyer, simple anecdotes to describe situations
in daily life. The lucid language of the author to propose practical
and workable solutions is simply fantastic.
Do read if you want to keep winning and leading.
Yashashree Garge
changed my course of belief in me and opened me to the leader in me ..in a lucid way,.. definitely made for the corporate neophytes yet it gives you a channel as a person to unleash your trueself as a part of the whole
Abhishek
A nice read, if you are idle and/or travelling. The best part is the small nuggets of stories which lets you think.
If you had been a fan of panchtantra or Amar chitra katha, you would be able to relate to the style.
Moinak
the most effective way of presentation is story telling and what can be beter when these are real life examples. this books has the power to change the thought process if one really chooses to follow. Loved reading it.
Rishi Khare
simple, short and very thought provocative, beautiful way to get real life business gyan, through small stories so that it sticks in your mind. easy read, pick up at airport, you will finish it in one go !
June
A fantastic book to read. I am amazed by certain facts written in the book. It is definitely one of the best motivating and inspirational book out on shelves. I have read this book twice.
Nityam Khurana
One of the most amazing books that will inspire you to achieve whatever you aim for in life. Short and crisp stories which you will connect in an instant.
Harshal Gupta
A nice compilation of short and motivational stories about some of our very own Indians and some other winners...
A Good Book to read..
Bibhu Ashish
was ok. Feel it is bit over hyped from rating perspective.Panchatanrra would fare better in terms of concept and the stories.But nice book.
Ashutosh Kumar
Good book. Has mostly anecdotes from Cricketing, Sports and author's personal interactions with business leaders in India.
Vineet Mundhra
This book is filled with great lessons in forms of short interesting stories! What an inspiring book!
Fenil Zaveri
Inspirational read.
Ankesh Sinha
Some anecdotes are inspiring. The one which inspired me: "Main khelega"
Partha Das
Inspirational .. A great great book .. Must read for every individual
  • Corporate Chanakya: Successful Management the Chanakya Way
  • High-Performance Entrepreneur
  • The Rules of Management: A Definitive Code for Managerial Success
  • A Better India: A Better World
  • Jugaad Innovation: A Frugal and Flexible Approach to Innovation for the 21st Century
  • Poor Little Rich Slum