Start by marking “Breathless Descent” as Want to Read:
Breathless Descent

Breathless Descent (Texas Hotzone #3)

Ten years ago, an impulsive eighteen-year-old Shay White kissed Caleb Martin--her brother's best friend. The resulting chemistry was hot enough to send Caleb running. Now he's back...an ex-special forces operative getting his skydiving business off the ground. But Shay figures that all that sexual tension was a "forbidden fruit" sort of thing. A simple kiss should put that
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Blaze (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless Descent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless Descent

Lisa C
May 24, 2011 Lisa C rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really don't expect a lot from my series romance. I like them formulaic, obvious, and predictable. I enjoy being impressed by what a good author can do with a simple outline (and being a bit scathing to the ones who don't do as well). That said, I'm pretty torn on this one. The storyline was interesting and kept my interest enough to read to the end -- which only happens in about 1 in 4. I'm reluctant to be too negative, because there is a certain amount of expectation in terms of slightly dom ...more
Barbara
May 07, 2011 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance; special forces heroes
Absolutely LOVED this book! It hooked me from page one. I was taken along on a ride with Celeb and Shay and couldn't wait to see how their journey would end.

Ten years ago a young and impulsive eighteen-year-old Shay White kissed Celeb Martin, her brother's best friend. The next day he takes off to begin his service in the Army. Now, Celeb is finished his tour of duty and back in town; and the question that burns them both is: is the chemistry between them still there or was that long ago kiss ju
A.R. Von
May 09, 2012 A.R. Von rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this story! It's a very gripping love story that had me hook, line and sinker from the start.

Shay and Calen grew up together like brother and sister (banter and all). Caleb is her brother's best friend and he is also a part of their family. Shay and Caleb have a long time attraction between them that they cannot ignore. Neither of them can either fight or deny it. But there are many reasons (mostly on Shay's part) that they have not acted on it.

I enjoyed they way Lisa Renee Jones put it
Doris
Jul 07, 2016 Doris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those 'mindless' summer reads, from which you can still learn a thing or two.
Lisa Renee Jones covers issues such as teenage love, foster families right up to gambling and mixes it all up with Special Forces, skydiving and psycho-therapy ... and creates a heart-wrenching story from beginning to end. Yes, I know, it's a romance novel and we do know the outcome - however, it's the journey that important and this is most definitely a rollercoaster-mystery as to what is going to happen
Lori
Aug 14, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I didn't realize when I started this book that it was a series. Even reading it out of order, I still loved the book and didn't miss a thing. I am looking forward to starting the series over from the beginning and seeing how everything played out prior to this book. This is definitely a series that I would recommend and can't wait to start the other books.
gert
Jun 11, 2011 gert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is what it is - a blaze romance. a bit better then average, but nothing that'll make you wish it lasted forever.

never really connected with h/h, but that's probably just as well. let's face it - when you buy a blaze, you're not looking for literature. you're looking for some steamy sex, hopefully bracketed by a half-decent story line.

this delivers on that.

Mindi
Jan 15, 2013 Mindi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Caution, this is an adult book and explicit in content. I am reading it to fall asleep at night and pass the time, it just keeps me curious to where the story is going next. I don't recommend this book for others to read, I fell upon it somewhat unwillingly.
RedBecca
3.5 stars, better than a lot of Harlequin I've read
Robin *loves sexy books*
my favorite of the series, loved it!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas Hotzone
Lauri
Feb 17, 2012 Lauri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a couple surprises that I enjoyed, but there were also parts that dragged.
Krystean
Another Lisa Renee Jones book I love! She is definitely one of my top go-to-authors for romance.
Jamie DeBree
May 30, 2011 Jamie DeBree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the push-pull dynamic of this story, and the sort of "forbidden but not" aspect of the relationship. Great, spicy read with lots of emotional angst.
Rhonda
Apr 11, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
04/11/13
Samantha
Jan 01, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty great book :) would def recommend this to any harlequin fan
Carrie
May 01, 2011 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Love the brothers-best-friend romance trope and the chemistry between these two is fantastic!
Karalee Massie
Karalee Massie rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Dina
Dina rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Elois
Elois rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Offauna
Offauna rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Vicki Rainieri
Vicki Rainieri rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Aletha
Aletha rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • The Ranger
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Caught on Camera
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16)
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Model Marine
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add
More about Lisa Renee Jones...

Texas Hotzone (3 books)