Start by marking “Breathless Descent” as Want to Read:
Breathless Descent

Breathless Descent (Texas Hotzone #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ten years ago, an impulsive eighteen-year-old Shay White kissed Caleb Martin--her brother's best friend. The resulting chemistry was hot enough to send Caleb running. Now he's back...an ex-special forces operative getting his skydiving business off the ground. But Shay figures that all that sexual tension was a "forbidden fruit" sort of thing. A simple kiss should put that ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Blaze (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless Descent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless Descent

Lisa C
I really don't expect a lot from my series romance. I like them formulaic, obvious, and predictable. I enjoy being impressed by what a good author can do with a simple outline (and being a bit scathing to the ones who don't do as well). That said, I'm pretty torn on this one. The storyline was interesting and kept my interest enough to read to the end -- which only happens in about 1 in 4. I'm reluctant to be too negative, because there is a certain amount of expectation in terms of slightly dom ...more
Barbara
May 08, 2011 Barbara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance; special forces heroes
Absolutely LOVED this book! It hooked me from page one. I was taken along on a ride with Celeb and Shay and couldn't wait to see how their journey would end.

Ten years ago a young and impulsive eighteen-year-old Shay White kissed Celeb Martin, her brother's best friend. The next day he takes off to begin his service in the Army. Now, Celeb is finished his tour of duty and back in town; and the question that burns them both is: is the chemistry between them still there or was that long ago kiss ju
A.R. Von
I LOVED this story! It's a very gripping love story that had me hook, line and sinker from the start.

Shay and Calen grew up together like brother and sister (banter and all). Caleb is her brother's best friend and he is also a part of their family. Shay and Caleb have a long time attraction between them that they cannot ignore. Neither of them can either fight or deny it. But there are many reasons (mostly on Shay's part) that they have not acted on it.

I enjoyed they way Lisa Renee Jones put it
gert
it is what it is - a blaze romance. a bit better then average, but nothing that'll make you wish it lasted forever.

never really connected with h/h, but that's probably just as well. let's face it - when you buy a blaze, you're not looking for literature. you're looking for some steamy sex, hopefully bracketed by a half-decent story line.

this delivers on that.

Lori
I didn't realize when I started this book that it was a series. Even reading it out of order, I still loved the book and didn't miss a thing. I am looking forward to starting the series over from the beginning and seeing how everything played out prior to this book. This is definitely a series that I would recommend and can't wait to start the other books.
Mindi
Caution, this is an adult book and explicit in content. I am reading it to fall asleep at night and pass the time, it just keeps me curious to where the story is going next. I don't recommend this book for others to read, I fell upon it somewhat unwillingly.
Jamie DeBree
I loved the push-pull dynamic of this story, and the sort of "forbidden but not" aspect of the relationship. Great, spicy read with lots of emotional angst.
Krystean
Another Lisa Renee Jones book I love! She is definitely one of my top go-to-authors for romance.
Carrie
Love the brothers-best-friend romance trope and the chemistry between these two is fantastic!
Lauri
There were a couple surprises that I enjoyed, but there were also parts that dragged.
Samantha
This was a pretty great book :) would def recommend this to any harlequin fan
RedBecca
3.5 stars, better than a lot of Harlequin I've read
Robin *loves sexy books*
my favorite of the series, loved it!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas Hotzone
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Fab
Fab marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Julia DeLapp
Julia DeLapp marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • The Rebel
  • Night Maneuvers
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16)
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Model Marine
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t
More about Lisa Renee Jones...

Texas Hotzone (3 books)
  • Jump Start (Harlequin Blaze, #590)
  • High Octane
If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) Being Me (Inside Out, #2) Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3) Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #2)