Start by marking “Inseparable” as Want to Read:
Inseparable

Inseparable (Madaris Family & Friends #17)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Living under Reese Madaris's roof makes LaKenna James the envy of every woman in town. But Reese's offer of a place to stay is strictly platonic--just until Kenna's new condo is completed. He has no idea that his best friend has been attracted to him since college, and Kenna plans to keep it that way.Ever since his cousin Blade got married, Reese has become Houston's most...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Inseparable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inseparable

Kesha
I liked this book and I am glad I read it because honestly, I had gotten turned off by Mrs. Jacksons' books. Two things that I loved about this book were:

1. The heroine was not a virgin.
2. The hero was not a slut who slept with every woman that he found attractive. He was a serial monogamist, something that is damn near unheard of for a male lead in a Brenda Jackson book.

This book had drama, mystery, a little suspence, and of course the over bearing, almost too Alpha men. It was a good book a...more
Fedora
Love a friends-to-lovers story :) This is part of her Madaris family series, but I was able to read it as a stand-alone. (There are clearly characters who starred in previous books, and some that may be in coming stories mentioned.)

So Reese Madaris is now THE hot bachelor because another cousin recently married, leaving him the dubious title. He invited his best friend, LaKenna James to stay at his place until her condo is finished. They've been best friends since college, and while Kenna has se...more
Lashunda
Brenda Jackson

You can't go wrong with a Ms.Jackson book. you will not put it down till you are done. I live for a romantic book and this is the one for you. get it. you will not be disappointed.
Tanya Mayes
Yes!!! This is the story of two best friend Reese and Kenna who move their relationship from being best friends to lovers. Let's just say when they get to lovers they were combustible together, on and popping. The love scenes are super hot and sexy (love the hot tub). Reese is one Madaris man you don't want to mess with and I loved Kenna she was sweet, she loved Reese and was willing to let him go just so they wouldn't lose their friendship. Now she has it all the man and the friendship. This is...more
Carla
I am a fan of the Madaris series and this was a darn good book. There is a killer on the loose in Houston and he is harming innocent women. So of course the Madaris men and friends try to lock down their women!
Seriously though this book focuses on Reese Madaris and his bestfriend Kenna. There is not much I can tell you without spoiling the book for you. I can tell you that this is a who done it to the bitter end!
Enjoy and let me know what you think of the book.
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Inseparable is most certainly what this is. Suspense around the corner and in the next new friend. Jackson is very good when it comes to putting a little suspense in romance. This was not lacking at all in this story. Romance abound for the two unsuspecting best friends.

Kenna learned that being best friends made the loving a lot better and improved their friendship. As usual the man is a little slow on the uptake. But Reese made of for it in style.
Lesa Neace
When it comes to romance novels I tend to stick with writers whose work I have enjoyed before. This was my first reading of Brenda Jackson's work and I want more. The characters were likeable and the romantic situation believable. This novel is part of a family series and there are teasers about the secondary characters that will urge you to read more of this family's saga. So be warned!
Shh I'm reading!
It was a good story and I liked Reese and Kenna. My biggest issue was the repetitiveness of the writing. It felt like every other page she was telling me how attracted they we're to each other or that they were friends and only friends so why couldn't other people understand their relationship. It was frustrating.
Karen
Another Madaris male bites the dust to true love. Reese Madaris and his best friend LaKenna James had to go through layers of their friendship to finally realize that they were truly in love and inseparable. Another awesome love story in the Madaris series. "Where on earth can I find one of those men for myself"?
Kim
It was nice to see Brenda Jackson switch up her style again. The suspense that she added was a welcomed change, but the love story was the typical Brenda Jackson deal. This is the last book I am going to read from her this year. I am just tired of the same love story over and over again.
Chelsea
How special is the relationship and friendship between Reese and Kenna. Not only did their friendship survive the test of time, their love for one another was strong enough to last a lifetime. Very lovely story!! Next.... Ms. Peyton and De'Angelo! Hmmm
Tennille Chatman
Awesome

I love it the romance, the danger it's a must read. Reese and Kenna best friends turn lovers is always a good foundation for long lasting relationship.
Jadah
OMIGOSH this book was the perfect mix between romance ans suspense, and it also had some good summmthin scenes if you know what i mean.....
Tonya Harrison
This was and is my all time favorite Brenda Jackson book!!! A definite must read!!!
Arlena
Another great romance novel of Brenda Jackson
Michelle
Inseparable is a novel in the Madaris Family series from Brenda Jackson and a Contemporary Romance from Kimani Press.

Book Blurb:

Living under Reese Madaris's roof makes LaKenna James the envy of every woman in town. But Reese's offer of a place to stay is strictly platonic - just until Kenna's new condo is completed. He has no idea that his best friend has been attracted to him since college, and Kenna plans to keep it that way.

Ever since his cousin Blade got married, Reese has become Houston's m...more
Angella

Ever since his cousin Blade got married, Reese has become Houston's most eligible bachelor - and a magnet for gold diggers. Reese turns to his temporary roommate for dating advice, and suddenly see...more
Ceej
This book was very sweet. I love the way the Madaris men love their women. Although I cannot remember Reese making an appearance in previous books, I am glad to have met him. This story was special to me in that I've been horribly attracted to several men who saw me only as a friend. It made me wonder if I had missed some sign early on and doomed myself to the fate of being the best gurl(a chick who is like a good guy friend) friend. Ah well...

Reese is an even tempered intellectual who recognize...more
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Ok, but nothing special or different. I skimmed parts.

STORY BRIEF:
This is my first Brenda Jackson novel. It’s No. 17 in the Madaris Family series. The Madaris family is huge, considering all the cousins. In this book there are several family get togethers, and many Madaris family members attend with their spouses and babies. I assume their stories were told in prior books.

This book is about Kenna and Reese Madaris. They’ve been best friends for years. Reese invites Kenna to stay at hi...more
Unsolved Mystery
Reese and Kenna are best friends.

Reese loves her. Keena loves him.
They are both unaware there is more than friendship between either one of them.

They met 11 years ago in college, and have been best friends since.
They are inseparable.

The cat gets out of the bag, and Reese kisses then eventually tells Kenna his true feelings for her.

They decide to "test the waters" and start a mini-relationship. They have sex A LOT. I mean a lot, a lot. Without sounding like a prude. there was too much sex i...more
Tarra
I love Brenda Jackson. Brenda's connecting book series through the Madaris family always introduces us to not only new Madaris family members but their friends as well. As always Brenda allow us fans of her previous books to catch up with some of our favorite characters and that is always a treat. I enjoyed the fact that Brenda made Kenna and Reese best friends who are in love with each other but afraid to admit their feelings out of fear of losing their friendship. It took what seemed like fore...more
Julie Barrett
Inseparable by Brenda Jackson
Madaris Family novel, this one concentrates on Reese and Keena. They are the best of friends and even share food from the same fork, drink from the same bottle.
When others question them on how they can not be sleeping together they are no longer the boy/girl friend. Keena is living at his ranch til her condo is ready
and she starts a new job at the local police station. He has had to hire one new guy to help at the horse ranch.
There is also somebody going around killi...more
La-Tessa Montgomery
Excellent read. I love Mrs. Jackson's familial series and the Madaris' are a great family to get caught up in. This latest installment features Reese Madaris and his best friend LaKenna James. But after living under the same roof for a few weeks, these two quickly realize their feelings have grown far past the bounds of "friendship" and into the realm of lovers.

As usual, Mrs. Jackson has penned and excellent novel, this time about a love that's been allowed to season over time, resulting in not...more
Pattie
I had not read Brenda Jackson before receiving this book of hers to review for Harlequin.

The mystery portion of the story was pretty good and not really predictable. The fact that this was part of a series involving an extended family was also fine, although there were a lot of characters mentioned in passing that I imagine had their own books--or will in the future.

The romance portion was also okay in terms of the relationship. But the bedroom scenes were too explicit for me. I ended up skippi...more
Monica
An easy, relaxing read you can knock out in one day. I enjoy reading a feel good romance with a bit of suspense. Not the best plot but still love it when a girl finds a good guy!
Di
I really enjoyed this book, excellent romance/mystery
Queenester
Could two people be anymore dense? Reese is sexy, but doesn't realize his best friend is in love with him. She thinks his advances on her is because he's been without a woman for too long. The two of them made me just go, "get over it already" when it came to their not wanting to ruin their friendship. Clearly they were past the point of just being friends.

It's a storyline that's done a lot, but Mrs. Jackson still plays it well. And of course, sexy characters don't hurt the story any.
Shawnette
Another ENJOYABLE read...but WOW I find it utterly AMAZING that Kenna harbored a 10 year crush on her best friend...and NEVER went after what she wanted...that's a SERIOUS amount of wasted years...however its still a SWEET and funny treat...it's definitely CUTE when the light FINALLY comes on for Reese that his best friend is a HOTTIE and he sets out to show her just how much he loves and DESIRES her; not just as a friend or a lover; but as his soulmate.
Shonnie
Oops, I thought this was a re-read for me and so I decided to purchase via Kindle. However it wasn't but it doesn't negate my original assessment that the book was familiar. I was still disappointed because I didn't like the added drama of the serial killer. Anyway not a favorite and I doubt I'll re-read in the future (or mistakely do in the future).

I still feel like I read this before. I could've sworn. :) Oh well.
Coco at *Reading Nook Blog*
I've read a lot of Brenda Jackson's books (almost all within the Madaris Family Series) and this was by far the best one in a long time. The characters/story was well developed and there was a good amount of suspense along with the romance. The end was a surprise, but that was a good thing. Also, always good to catch up with some of the other Madaris characters from previous books.
Why target Lynette? 4 28 Aug 07, 2013 07:54AM
  • Here I Am
  • A Legal Affair
  • Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1)
  • Sinful Chocolate

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando...more
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)