Start by marking “A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)” as Want to Read:
A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)

A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  2,361 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Kit Kenyon is a first-rate hostage negotiator. Noah Lambert is a good detective with excellent instincts. The new partners have hardly had time to get used to each other when they are thrown into a grisly murder case. As evidence mounts up and more victims are found, Kit and Noah realize they are on the hunt for a serial killer. The problem is, he's hunting one of them too ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published April 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Killer Among Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killer Among Us

Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
Having enjoyed Lynette Eason’s first book in the Women of Justice series, Too Close to Home, I was excited to have an opportunity to listen to the third book of the series, A Killer Among Us. Those that have read my reviews in the past and are familiar with me are probably wondering how in the world I chose to do that without reading the second book of the series. I will very likely go back and read that someday, but skipping that book didn’t take away from my enjoyment of A Killer Among Us.

The
Melanie
Dec 10, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/RHN6AITE...
Review on my blog (to be posted 3/21): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

A Killer Among Us, the final book in the Women of Justice series, is the fifth book I've read by Lynette Eason and another great suspense read! I loved the two main characters, Kit and Noah, but I think Jamie and Dakota (from book two, Don't Look Back) are still my favorite couple in the series with these two being a close second. :)

The suspense was really good
Cheryl
May 22, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kit Kenyon finds herself in a hostage situation. A husband is threatening to kill his wife because she wants to leave him and take the children. Kit thought she had the situation under control, only to have it end badly.

Noah Lambert and Kit are thrust into a string of gruesome murder cases. It seems that this serial killer deals out his own justice. He left the following message on his latest victim that said “Life’s a laugh. How does the death penalty feel? An eye for an eye.” As Noah and Kit
Hannah
4.5 stars.

A sicko decides he's better than everyone else and begins to administer "justice" to those who offend him. And then he decides that Kit would be the perfect wife for him.

Kit is getting to know her newfound sisters and settling in with a new partner on the police force. She is coming to grips with learning that her mother is an adoptive mother, and she's gotten suspicious of God from the shock of finding a birth family. And, of course, the last thing she needs is a serial killer focusi
Larik
Mar 24, 2013 Larik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great suspense!!! Thriller even.. Whats really interesting is that even the sickest people wish to have a perfect life. But what hit me more is that it is the children that are abused in their innocence end up all messed up, this in a way justifies their actions-- not that i support whafthey do but i feel somewhat sorry for them. After all it is those chilhood years that define who we will become in life--it is important to have good influence in those years..
I love how Kit delt with it and man
⚜Trea⚜
Oct 22, 2013 ⚜Trea⚜ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
This is a follow up to the previous Women of Justice series books, and seems to follow the same formula as book 1. That's not to say it wasn't worth reading! It was a very good book, and the serial killer mystery had a lot of surprising twists and turns in it. Kit was a bit annoying as a heroine and Noah got a bit too preachy for my tastes, but it is easy to get caught up in the mystery and ignore the preachyness of the overall story. All in all a good conclusion to the series!
Charity U
Feb 28, 2012 Charity U rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was my favorite book from this series! It was exciting, sweet, full of action…all around awesome. And not quite as much gory detail (to be blunt) as some of the books had. My favorite of the three…I highly recommend it!
Jennifer Jones
I knew who the killer was almost from the beginning, but it was still a good read with suspenseful scenes.
Susan
Mar 07, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, library
Excellent story and narration. The suspense was riveting and the romance nice. I loved the character of Noah. Looking forward to more by this author and narrator.
Katie
May 03, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW! I loved, loved, LOVED this book!!! I found it nearly impossible to put down! While this is the first book I have read by Lynette—and the third in a series—I was instantly caught up in the drama and while enough backstory was given so I was never confused, I am now itching to get the two previous books and read of Samantha and Jamie’s adventures in detail! By the time I got to the end of this book, Lynette Eason was firmly written in my list of favorite authors, and A Killer Among Us is now ...more
inkwell reviews-Rachelle
Review From inkwellreviews.com

Instead of reviewing each individual book, I decided to review the series as a whole. Please leave a comment and tell me if you like this better.

This series is fairly old and the first one that Lynette Eason put out. I think I can safely say that she has come a long way. While this series might have been a good competitor seven years ago, it just doesn’t stand a chance now. Christian fiction has definitely come a long way since then.

This series follows three ladies
Giovanni Gelati
May 23, 2011 Giovanni Gelati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is hard to say anything but good stuff about this novel. I am going to say this again, I have had the pleasure and the honor of saying it a few times this week; I enjoyed interviewing Lynette Eason on my blogtalk show, The G-ZONE,here is the link:
If you tune into the show, you will gain some insights into the novel as I ask some pretty tough questions and get to the real heart of the matter with her. You will get the skinny on this intense and enjoyabl
Sandra Slack
Feb 20, 2017 Sandra Slack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been seeing this authors books on Goodreads, and other book sites and when I ran across a copy of "A Killer Among Us" at a bookstore, I bought it.
What a delightful surprise it is.
There is no sexy scenes, no violently gory acts, no mention of how great criminal stuff is. Instead it is a book, written from a woman Cop's point of view, that describes the problems and turmoils of being an officer of the law, especially a female one, in this day and age.
I loved being able to hate the bad guy,
Jolene
May 24, 2011 Jolene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of crime suspense novels.
One-by-one law students are dying. Hostage negiotiator Kit Kenyon and her partner, Detective Noah Lambert, must hunt the serial killer known only as The Judge. With a few pieces of confusing evidence as their leads in the case, Kit and Noah struggle to stay safe when they become The Judge's next targets. Kit and Noah are targeted for two completely different purposes, but as they devote time and energy to finding the person behind the killings, they discover there is more than a common goal betw ...more
Victor Gentile
Jan 04, 2011 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynette Eason in her new book, "A Killer Among Us" Book Three in her Women Of Justice series published by Revell takes us back to Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Kit Kenyon is a first-rate hostage negotiator only just recently arrived in Spartanburg to be with her family. She has been newly partnered with Noah Lambert, a veteran on the force, and there are still sparks as these two clash as they work out their differences. Now there is a serial killer on the loose called The Judge. He has a planned
Cindy
May 28, 2011 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Women of Justice Book Three
Lynette Eason
2011
Revell
Fiction/Suspense/Romance

Reviewed by Cindy Loven

Kit Kenyon, is dealing with finding out that she was adopted, specifically finding out that she was a twin. She has met her sisters, and birth parents, even moved to their town. However the anger she feels toward her adoptive parents is costing her. Her relationship with her adoptive mother is suffering, her relationship God is suffering also.
As a police officer, she has to stay focused. Being d
May 23, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest thriller in the Women of Justice series, Lynette Eason pulls out all the punches in her book, A Killer Among Us.

Detective Kit Kenyon, a first-rate hostage negotiator, is Detective Noah Lambert’s new female partner. One he’s not ready to deal with after losing his previous female partner. They get off to a rough start, due to Noah’s initial lack of respect, which Kit quickly nips in the bud.

Three weeks into their new partnership, a grisly murder pops up. Even with both using their dist
Loren
Jun 09, 2011 Loren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!, mystery, suspense, romance

I couldn't even begin to describe how anxious I was to read and review the 3rd and final book in the "Women of Justice" Series ~ "A Killer Among Us!" Lynette Eason has quickly become one of my Favorite Christian Suspense Authors for sure! While this book is the last in the series it easily would read as a stand alone however, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you read the other two ~ "Too close to Home," and "Don't Look Back." A Killer Among Us introduces us to Kit and Noah. Kit is a High Profile Negotia
Courtney
Apr 06, 2011 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Killer Among Us is exhilarating! The story is about 2 detectives, Noah and Kit who are new partners and find themselves working on a serial killer case. Not only are there people getting killed around them but it is evident that either Noah or Kit are getting hunted too! Trying to work with new a new partner is always a struggle especially when you find yourself attracted to that person as well.

Once you start reading A Killer Among Us, you'll have a hard time putting it down. There is a ton o
April
A KILLER AMONG US by Lynette Eason is another amazing inspirational romantic suspense.It is the third in the "Women Of Justice" series. # 1 "Too Close To Home",#2 "Don't Look Back".But "A Killer Among Us" can be read as a stand alone. It is fast paced, action packed,page turning,and sit on the edge of your seat action. It has gritty realism,heart pounding suspense from the first page to the last with a touch of romance.You will see some of the previous characters from the others books reappear.T ...more
May 21, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: A KILLER AMONG US
Author: Lynette Eason
Publisher: Revell
May 2011
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3371-5
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Kit Kenyon is a hostage negotiator, and she’s just been teamed with Noah Lambert, a good detective with excellent skills. They haven’t even had time to get used to each other when they are thrown into a case involving a serial killer. Evidence mounts up, but then they realize that who ever the killer is, he or she is targeting one of them as well.

Kit is still strugg
Trinity Rose
May 07, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book that I’ve read of Lynette Eason and I must say this one is my favorite. A Killer Among Us is so well written that I couldn’t figure out who the serial killer was. Usually I try to always figure out the killers, but was surprised this time. A Killer Among Us is the third book in the Women of Justice series, which is a fantastic series.
Kit is a hostage negotiator and Noah is a very good detective and they become partners. Both of them have things in their past concerning the
Cafelilybookreviews
Lynette Eason is back and her third title in the Women of Justice series is once again not for the faint of heart.

If you’re squeamish, the disturbing and sometimes graphic descriptions of the serial killer’s methods in this story might turn you off. However, if you’re looking for an exhilarating, fast-paced, suspenseful thrill then you are in for a treat!

The action seems never-ending and A Killer Among Us is an interesting combination of murder, suspense and romance all rolled into one.

If you’
Renee
Sep 22, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't take a detective to figure out that Lynette Eason is a great suspense novelist. With grisly crime scenes, psychotic killers, great cops, and a touch of romance, Eason has come up with a near perfect spine-tingling tale that will appeal to both men and women. What can I say?this series just gets better with each book.

In this, the third installment in the Women of Justice series, we meet Kit Kenyon, a detective and hostage negotiator who's struggling to deal with a past family secret an
Abbie Riddle
Apr 18, 2011 Abbie Riddle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A top notch hostage negotiator with secret hurts, Kit Kenyon is a determined and driven individual with a heart to help others. Soft spoken, kind-hearted Noah Lambert is out to change the world one person at a time while working as a detective. As new partners they barely have time to get to know one another before a gruesome crime is committed requiring their attention.

This turns out to be more than a random murder when more law students are found murdered and mutilated. In the heat of the sear
Louise
Aug 17, 2011 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story opens with thirty-two-year-old hostage negotiator, Detective Kit Kenyon, in the middle of a stand-off with a forty-four-year-old man named Virgil Mann who had taken his wife, Ann, and their twelve-year-old daughter, Melanie, as hostages. Kit’s new partner of three weeks, Noah, wasn’t with her as he was tied up at a murder scene. Kit was on her own, although she did have the sharp shooters outside ready at any moment to take the suspect down.

Noah Lambert is a religious man who had a “r
Casey
Nov 09, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got chills from the first couple of chapters and I didn’t want to put the book down. Which was pretty much true for the entire story.

What I love about the “Women of Justice” series that has really set them apart in my opinion, is the viewpoint of the villain included in the story. To get inside his head?—chilling and a unique spin on the normal mystery formula.

While “A Killer Among Us” can be read separate from its predecessors, I enjoyed the chance to catch up with the characters from the pr
Tamara Tilley
May 25, 2011 Tamara Tilley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I enjoyed A KILLER AMONG US, but it did not captivate me from the first page like the other two books in the Women of Justice series.

Kit Kenyon is a hostage negotiator who has been teamed with new partner, Noah Lambert. Though attracted to Noah from the start, she feels the need to prove to him she is as good of a cop as any, even if she is a woman.

Noah Lambert is taken with Kit’s keen abilities as a negotiator. The fact that she’s beautiful hasn’t escaped his notice either. But he knows a roman
Berryparfait
Jan 24, 2011 Berryparfait rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eason's third book in her Women of Justice series will not leave you disappointed. It's full of the high action, mystery, romance that fans have to expect. She, as she did in the other two books in the series, does a beautiful job of developing the primary characters as well as the secondary characters. By the end of the book, it really feels like you've gotten to know the Cash family and the in-laws very well.

Specifically if you liked the character of Sam in the first book, Kit's character is
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • In the Shadow of Evil
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
  • Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
  • Full Disclosure
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Women of Justice (3 books)
  • Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)

“Family’s not just made up of people who share the same blood, it’s made up of people who love you.” 7 likes
“Oh Lord, I’ve been so selfish, so consumed with myself I haven’t been able to see anyone else’s pain but my own. I’ve let anger blind me. I’ve let self-righteousness stop me in my tracks and keep me from having the kind of relationship with you that I want. I need to let it go.” 2 likes