Start by marking “LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World Library Edition” as Want to Read:
LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World Library Edition

LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World Library Edition

Includes exclusive LEGO(r) Harry Potter TM minifigure! The magic of Harry Potter TM and the fun of the LEGO(r) world, now in one incredible book! Since it was first introduced in 2001, LEGO(r) Harry Potter TM has been one of the LEGO Group's most popular themes. This incredible guide gives readers an up close look at the bricks, constructions, and minifigures of the LEGO(r

Published May 30th 2011 by DK Publishing (first published May 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about LEGO Harry Potter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LEGO Harry Potter

Stacy
Sep 17, 2014 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was cool learning about the Harry Potter LEGO sets.
Quinn Rollins
Feb 08, 2012 Quinn Rollins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lego
DK Publishing has built a reputation on their visual guides. Hardcover books filled with detailed, high quality photographs and information, my favorites have been visual guides for Star Wars and recently, for LEGO. Sometimes Star Wars LEGO. As a celebration of the final Harry Potter movie (and final Harry Potter LEGO sets, unfortunately), DK has put out LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World.

The 96-page hardcover has pictures of every Harry Potter set LEGO has produced, with additional
Claire
Jan 16, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Lego book about Harry Potter. This goes through sets as well as the minifigures. I love these kinds of books. Next I need to have a peer through Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary With Mini Figure and then perhaps Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia. Just to round out my Lego obsession!
Robin
Sep 22, 2011 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We were supremely disappointed that this is NOT directions for building cool Harry Potter stuff with your Legos. What it is is a catalog of Harry Potter sets that Lego has produced, and cool facts about them. It's more a birthday wish-list than a book. That said, we drooled and lost ourselves in the delicious consumerism and our family is now having a blast putting together a new Hagrid's Hut (Cabana de Hagrid on the box) set!
Toby
Jul 04, 2013 Toby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it because my favourite set was the grave duel. It looked very cool and I might be going to ask it for Christmas. And in the beginning I saw all of the LEGO sets and I was thinking that if I had the whole sets I could build the entire world of Harry Potter but that is just my dream because that is too many sets.
Tina
Jul 01, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Lego. I love Harry Potter. Together, they are one of the best things on the planet! This book displays the Lego Harry Potter universe concisely and in great detail. It is fantastic to see all the Harry Potter Lego that has been made since 2000 together in one book that is enjoyable for all ages. And it comes with a free Harry Potter mini fig! Who wouldn't love that?
DJ
Nov 03, 2012 DJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything you need to know about Harry Potter Lego collection, and various facts about how things are created and what is unique to the Lego Harry Potter world.

I do wish that there is a better flow chart on the complete collection of Harry Potter and if they're retired.

Other than that, it's pretty awesome to have a minifig to come along with this book.
Marlee
Nov 27, 2013 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My children have had this book for a while and just recently wanted us to read it together. I was surprised by how in-depth it was. There were many facts, especially at the end about how the Lego is made that were very interesting. For a fan of Lego and Harry Potter, this book is a lot of fun to read. And, it comes with a Harry Potter minifigure.
Beth
Aug 14, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for the Harry Potter fan, especially those into LEGO items. Lots of history and more within the book. Tuesday Tale written about this book on August 14, 2012

Sophie
Feb 06, 2013 Sophie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lego fans, harry potter fans
Good when you get over the fact that its based on the movie not the book! Great quality pictures and good text. A great read - I've read many times.
Brian Wong
Oct 09, 2014 Brian Wong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
Nov 10, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is like awesome it explains every thing to know about Harry Potter lego, and I have the whole entire collection!!!!!!!
Jacob
Oct 22, 2011 Jacob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Public library copy.
Hayley
Aug 06, 2013 Hayley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love legos and admit to have read this book like 3 times.
Tom
Feb 08, 2012 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite books Worth every cent Really pleased shame I didnt get many Lego Harry potter sets...
Dawn
Jun 21, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I hadn't already committed to coming up with witty names for nail polishes as my dream job, I would TOTALLY want to write Lego encyclopedias.
Ella Miller
Jul 28, 2013 Ella Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool book. It went through all the Harry Potter Lego sets. I want Hagrid's hut, Graveyard duel, and Hogwarts castle so much. Thanks for reading! :-)
Nov 10, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Potterheads
Shelves: books-i-own
It is a book of Harry Potter legos. It will be as good as you think it would be. I bought it because I love Harry Potter Legos.
Starscraper99
This book just wants to sell you LEGO Harry Potter sets. You could find just as good explanations of the sets on Bricklink or Brickshelf. Cool figure though :D
Emmet Miles
Jun 10, 2014 Emmet Miles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hogwarts castle is awesome!
Lady Belinda
Jun 21, 2012 Lady Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great information on the different Harry Potter Lego sets and the mini figures that go with them.
Bianca Lorenzoni
Bianca Lorenzoni rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Stevie-Marie
Stevie-Marie rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Thomas Hollahan
Thomas Hollahan rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
C
C rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
William
William rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2017
  • The LEGO Adventure Book, Vol. 1
  • The Seeker's Guide to Harry Potter: The Unauthorized Course
  • Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
  • The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide
  • The Hidden Key to Harry Potter: Understanding the Meaning, Genius, and Popularity of Joanne Rowling's Harry Potter Novels
  • The Plot Thickens... Harry Potter Investigated by Fans for Fans