Start by marking “Betrayed (Vampire Journals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Betrayed (Vampire Journals, #3)
read ebook* *Different edition

Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,921 ratings  ·  99 reviews
In BETRAYED (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals), Caitlin Paine awakes from a deep coma to discover she has been turned. Now a true, full-bred vampire, she marvels at her new powers, including her ability to fly, and her superhuman strength. She finds that her true love, Caleb, is still by her side, waiting patiently for her to recover. She has everything she could dream of.

U
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 16th 2011 by Morgan Rice (first published April 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayed

Danielle (Danniegurl)

Ok first let me address the simple editing errors that have driven me nuts in this series book after book. Getting names wrong for the characters that are being thought of or spoken to or anything is really annoying. I don't get how we can be in book 3 and still have these problems please seriously get an editor to do a thorough job.

Ok onto the story. I found the reactions of Caitlin a bit....premature? I surely would have heard Caleb out before assuming the worst.
It will be interesting to se
Birgit
Being part three of the Vampire Journals by Morgan Rice this book turned out to be more like an episode than a part of a series. It's safe to say that one should start reading with the first part to fully appreciate the story. While I did get an idea of what must have happened before, I felt I missed too much about previous events when I was suddenly thrown into the middle of vampire covens fighting and humans being "turned".
Being a quick read only deepened the impression of it as more of an ex
Deborah
Not as impressed with this...

I enjoyed books 1 and 2 but something about this one felt lacking I was still holding on to the hope that the next book would be better, it wasn't and I should just have quit but by the time I read this I'd already bought 4 to 8, for an author like Morgan Rice I'd expect this to be better with not so many mistakes.
Katie
This was an awesome third book. Loved the action and all the learning that Caitlin had to do. The ending - what a cliffhanger. Fantastic.
Brent Soderstrum
I have really enjoyed the story so far which kind of suprises me. Caitlin Paine begins this novel as a full vampire turned by the one she loves Caleb. She acts like a teenage girl overeacting to seeing Caleb and his wife Sera together. She will accept no explaination and she forces Caleb to leave. He leaves her on Pollepel, which is an island in the middle of the Hudson river. She is to recover and train on Pollepel to be a warrior. Aiden is in charge of this island and he is really a God like f ...more
Avery
***May contain spoilers***

Much like with the second book in this series, "Loved", I find myself conflicted about how I truly feel about it. On the one hand I found myself enjoying the (majority of) characters much more in this book than I had in the earlier books (seriously, I never thought that I would find myself sympathizing, let almost actually like Sera, Caitlin's nemesis/ Caleb's ex, but I did- nor did I ever expect to find myself liking Sam once again). However, on the other hand, I found
Tracie
I read the first book in this series because it was only $1 on GooglePlay and I like vampires so I figured why not. I did not really like the story all that much but I had to find out what was going to happen next so I read the second and then third one. Half way through this book I realized I just couldn't take it anymore. Caitlin has to be the most annoying, idiotic, childish, and selfish person/vampire that I have ever had the displeasure of reading about. I do not like that the author speaks ...more
Sofia Sundfors
I'm just going to quote my review of the first book in this series

This book was: simple; which is so tragic because it could have been so much better.
The plot had: potential... but didn't find the right key to success.

The beginning was: intriguing.
The middle was: so-so.
The crescendo was: nice.
The finish/ending was: great.

The characters were: good; but they all could have improved and put on a little polish in my opinion.
The worldbuilding was: too much, yet at the same time, too little. The worl
Fee
getting through pretty quick! still undecided as to if I actually like the books or not. Caitlin is annoying the hell out of me if I am to be honest., falling in love with a guy at the drop of a hat urgh! really!? another new guy..

on to book 4 should be interesting given how this one ended.
Rebekah
.... So vampires have wings to fly, super human strength, compulsion and none of it is really ever explained it's just sort of there. Nothing is really explained propert it just happens an left for you to deal with.
Amy
this series is a little cheesy and is full of typos, but I can't help myself from plowing through them as quickly as I can....i'm addicted. I have to see how the storyline turns out.
Scarlett
So I was getting hooked on the story line but the actual books are terrible!
Let me elaborate - there is a fantastic story in there - Somewhere! but to me, it feels like it's been stretched out and rushed. Events within this book and characters emotional responses are absurd! Within a paragraph one person has portrayed grief, sorrow and anger? Then Caitlin who feels like she's become an adult faces a mass of tough decisions, yet instead of thinking logically like an adult takes two seconds and 2
Melissa
Book review
Betrayed (book 3 of the vampire journals)
4.5 out of 5 stars
Ok you definitely need to have the next book ready to start before you finish this one :)

I would say just get the whole series. That way you can read them all together. I don’t think I would have been too happy with this ending if I hadn’t had the next one to start on.

I feel like Caitlin was a little more “teenagery” (I know that’s not a real word) in this book. She blew some things out of proportion and didn’t want to liste
AvidReader47
Betrayed (Book #3 in the Vampire Journals) by Morgan Rice packed a powerful punch. Following Book #2 Loved, Caitlin and Caleb are in hiding. Caitlin is now turned into a full fledged vampire with powers that includes flying. They are visited by Caleb's former wife, Sera, who tells Caitlin that they are still involved. Caitlin witnesses something which confirms this forcing her to leave Caleb. She winds up on an island off of the Hudson River called Pollepel (which means Polly) where she discover ...more
Connie Garcia
Betrayed was a very well written story.. This is 3rd book in the caitlyn and caleb series.. Caitlin wakes up as a full vampire fully turned due to the events at the church. It was her request to caleb to change her so she could live. Caitlin is now on a island for vampires that are not excepted. As a new vampire she is happy to be alive but yet again serena comes and ruins things causing Caitlin to banish Caleb from her sight. While Caitlin is dealing with her own issues her brother Sam has been ...more
Alyssa
Steph
This is the third book in the series and it was easily the best. I read it in one day because I just couldn't seem to separate the Kindle from my hand.
This book starts a few days after the last book finished, and we discover that Caleb accepted her wishes and turned her into a full blooded vampire! And instead of going straight back out to look for the sword (that was stolen from them) he stays with Caitlin while she turns and recovers from her fatal stabbing.
Caitlin and Calebs relationship h
Kasaundra Snow
If I hadn't recently read the other two books in the series, I believe I would have had to go back and read them. The author doesn't really narrate much about the circumstances surrounding the previous books. And in between reading those and this one, I had read several other books and had to refamilarize myself with the characters in the series. I can say that the development of the characters was much better in this book than in the others. The author took great care to familiarize the readers ...more
1000 +
My Blurb:

Caitlin awakens to find herself a full fledged Vampire, turned by her love Caleb, and on a island not so far from home. The one person she did not expect to awaken to is Sera, Caleb's wife, and is shocked to find them back together again.

Heartbroken Caitlin vows to never see Caleb again as Caleb professes his love for her and only her before flying off into a Vampire War that may end the lives of everyone, human and Vampire.

Caitlin's journey has just begun as she finds new friends, s
Loves To Dive
In Book 3 of the Vampire Journals, Betrayed, we literally take up where we ended in Loved, Book 2. As with Loved there are a number of story lines going on at one time.

The main story is about Caitlin, who is now a full vampire. Caleb brings her to a small unknown island, Pollepel, located on the Hudson River in New York. The island is home to a group of misfit vampires who are outcasts from the more “normal” vampire covens. Here Caitlin will train to fight and learn to live with her new found v
Fallon
Ok, I liked the first 2 books in the Vampire Journals, and this one is ok. I was so freakin' mad at Caitlin though, ug teenagers! I mean come on, grow up your life isn't the same and try not to be so fickle. She did grow some and she is coming into herself, but man it's a frustrating process. There were parts in the story, where I just wanted to say, "Really? Again?" but it has some interesting plot turns. We meet new characters and they are pretty interesting, Caitlin's character just seems to ...more
Richard Hayes
The reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the many editorial errors that should have been found. I paid no attention to them in the first book. Tried to ignore them in the second book, but by the third book the problem should have been corrected.

In book 3 of the series, Ms Rice continues the story of Caitlin; a girl who started out as a half-breed, a mix of human and Vampire. Turned by her lover Caleb when she was close to death, she now has to cope with her new life, her worrie
Brenda
Rating Two Stars: Below Average

Ick, though I'm sure the younger set will like it. Although I prefer rapid character and storyline development this one broke the sound barrier and I'm not keen on some of the underlying messages. I'll just leave it at that and I'm leaving the series far, far, behind. I absolutely love the book covers though....perfect but unfortunately the contents lack any matching sophistication.
Cheryl
Lord...the mistakes in this book drive me absolutely insane. Things like "offer good," rather than off for good. Another like Caitlin, the main character and her pet wolf Rose being shown around an island by her new friend Polly, and when Polly finishes a sentence is states "Rose said, with another wink." REALLY?!?! Rose...since when did the wolf start talking. Or when the story is told by the writer ad makes mistakes like yourself instead of herself. Another where Caitlin is fighting a coven me ...more
Brieanne Aguila
I really am enthralled in the story line of this series and this particular book had a good cliff hanger at the end, making me want to pick up the next book right away. That said, I am so irritated with the mistakes in these books!! She needs an editor badly (or a better editor if she already has one). As someone who edits and reviews massive documents for a living it distracts me from the story every time I run across something that is incorrect. The story also progresses very quickly and there ...more
Kat
im liking the story line but the spelling and grammar mistakes make it hard to enjoy the book. especially when getting characters names wrong. whos john? sometimes have to read bits several times to try and figure out what its supposed to say

real shame its not been edited :(
william  Goodrow
Betrayed

Betrayed

This keeps getting better, the integral parts of the storyline become more intertwined. A bit mushy at times but still makes me want to read the next book.
Yeşim
Sevmedim. Yani Caitlin fazlasıyla şüpheci ve nasıl desem hiç düşünmeden kararlar veriyor ve mantıklı olup olmadığını sorgulamıyor. Direkt bu böyle, bitti diyor ve geri çekiliyor.
Amber rose Mansfield
Best book ever

I love these books.
l think everyone should read these books.
l love everything in the book series of Morgan rice.
Megan
I'm sorry but this book was boring.
Only good part was the ending, and even that sucked.
Will not be buying the next book. Caitin can die for all I care, shes a stupid moaning brat
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Blue Blood (Pulse, #4)
  • Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1)
  • Vampires vs. Werewolves (Vampire Love Story, #4)
  • Taken (Vampire Legends, #2)
  • Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire: Sidhi Summer Camp Series
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
  • Kiss of Death (The Briar Creek Vampires #1)
  • Fading Into Magic (Fading Into Magic, #1)
  • The Vampire's Warden (Undead in Brown County, #1)
  • Hunters & Prey (Immortalis, #2)
  • Vampire Wake (Kiera Hudson Series One, #2)
  • Rumored (The Witches of Santa Anna, #3)
  • Darkness (Brookehaven Vampires, #2)
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Born to Darkness (Immortal Destiny, #1)
  • The Horror of Gaad Grey, The Evil Alpha Werewolf (The Cries of Vampira, #1)
Morgan is author of the #1 Bestselling THE SORCERER'S RING, a new epic fantasy series, currently comprising four books and counting, which has been translated into five languages.

Morgan Rice is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, a young adult series comprising eight books, which has been translated into six languages.

Morgan is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE LEGA
More about Morgan Rice...

The Vampire Journals (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • Destined (The Vampire Journals, #4)
  • Desired (The Vampire Journals #5)
  • Betrothed (The Vampire Journals, #6)
  • Vowed (The Vampire Journals, #7)
  • Found (The Vampire Journals, #8)
  • Resurrected (The Vampire Journals, #9)
  • Craved (The Vampire Journals #10)
  • Fated (The Vampire Journals, #11)
A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1) Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1) A Feast of Dragons (The Sorcerer's Ring, #3) Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2) A March of Kings (The Sorcerer's Ring, #2)