Start by marking “One Piece: V. 2” as Want to Read:
One Piece: V. 2

One Piece: V. 2 (One Piece #2)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  6,158 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
Arriving on a new island, Luffy and Zoro meet Nami, a girl thief with a penchant for robbing pirates. With his royal henchmen, Mohji the Animal Tamer and Kabaji the Sword Swallower, fiendish pirate Buggy the Clown terrorizes a town, blasts buildings (and people) to pieces, and triggers Luffy's desire for revenge. It's pirate vs. pirate as Luffy and his gang go on the defen ...more
Published (first published April 3rd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece

Connor
Feb 17, 2016 Connor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So much fun still! I think I liked the first volume a bit more, but I'm still stoked to continue with the story. I can see this heading to great places for sure.
Christopher
Jun 18, 2016 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2016, manga

In this volume, Luffy meets Nami, a thief, and excellent navigator. Actually, I actually don't know if she is great, or if Luffy and Zolo are just so bad at being sailors that she simply seems godlike.

Our story takes place in a small town that has been taken over by pirates; Buggy the Clown in this case. He too has eaten a Devil Fruit, making conflict with him more interesting. I'll let you discover what his power is. Our favorite pirate is drawn into a fight with Buggy's group, as expected. Th
Mansi
Jul 09, 2011 Mansi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
Recommended to Mansi by: Youtube
Stephen
description

Volume 2 picks up where the opening book left off and continues the adventures of Luffy and Zoro while introducing another character, Nami, the thief and navigator.

The people of Cocoyasi Village have been frightened away by Buggy the Clown also a Devil Fruit User. Nami stole a map from Buggy, that shows the way to the Grand Line, where great treasure is to be found.

When Luffy comes across Nami unexpectedly he sees that she is chased by Buggy's crew Nami sets Luffy up and he gets captured and sh
Mary
May 06, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was AWESOME!!! The fight scenes,the character development,the dialogue it was all impeccable!! Review coming up on this one!
Paula ★Ackerman Jaeger★
Aw, la historia de Chouchou:(<3
Jan Philipzig
Made for the moment, not for the critics - enjoy:)
Labeba Salameh
Mar 05, 2016 Labeba Salameh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2016-list
ردود فعل وشخصيات عجيبة ...more
Ricardo
Apr 01, 2015 Ricardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 / 5

El primer enemigo de Luffy aparece. Comienza la acción.
Nalani Brown
May 29, 2014 Nalani Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the themes of this series is difference of respect and treasure.
In the beginning Luffy respects Shanks for him being a pirate, and having great adventures, but by the end of the book Luffy respects him for a different reason. Luffy starts to respect him for having moral, and trying to save his life, not for treasure or glory, but for friendship is when Luffy gets over the worldly outlook of things, and starts looking to the personal outlook.
In the series there is a character called “Buggy
Veronica Ika
Apr 18, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Another enjoyable and inspiring story of a young man who wants to be the pirate king...

Luffy has a fateful encounter with Nami, a girl with extraordinary navigating skill. The encounter leads to a struggling battle with Buggy and crew, a pirate from whom Nami has stolen some treasure and a map to Grand Line. It's the first time Luffy should face a Devil Fruit user, - and being a Devil Fruit user himself, the fight surely is a strange and illogical one ever - and together with his first crew, Zor
LAnn
Mar 24, 2011 LAnn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Volume two of One Piece is, actually, a little better than the first one. Though, it's not quite worth a four.

It actually is gaining some momentum in the plot, I think. Introducing a villain pirate shows the dimensions of Luffy. Well, some of them, anyway. It shows his tolerance for some pirates, at least. It gives him a little more depth. In other news, Zoro just gets more bad-ass. I shows.

The main problem I have with the second volume is the same problem I have with the first, I don't really s
Jeff Lanter
Much of what I wrote about the first volume is true of this one so my review will be short. A new villain stands in the way of Luffy and he also meets some new and entertaining characters like Nami along the way too. I'm guessing and hoping the cast of characters will get bigger and bigger as time goes on. The plot is generally focused on action and there isn't a lot of character development, but Luffy is slowly becoming smarter which is much appreciated. I liked the dog a lot too. That was movi ...more
Samantha
Dec 11, 2011 Samantha rated it really liked it
WOW!!!! After reading vol. 1, I was sure excited to start vol. 2...but!---I didn't know it was gonna be so good!!! Now, I'm left wondering what in the heck I'm supposed to do.....cliffhanger.....I hate them and love them at the same time. They're awesome because they indicate whether or not you really like a book, but they suck because if you do..you're stuck waiting and not figuring out what happens next.

I'm really enjoying OnePiece and I hope I can actually find and read through each book in
Aldeena
Dec 28, 2015 Aldeena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoro's fight with Cabaji is the highlight in this one for me. The scene where he cuts himself and basically shows Cabaji the fingerest finger of all time is just brilliant! The point where he went from awesome to my favourite person in the manga for sure! Luffy and Buggy's face off continues and I can't wait to know what happens next!
Karely Madrigal camacho
Y las aventuras continuan buscando más nakamas y ahora el mapa de la grand line. En general disfrutable.
Abigail Lo
Mar 23, 2016 Abigail Lo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Honestly, Buggy is such a great villain. Can't wait to see what happens in Vol. 3!
Kaidesh Forrester
loved it
Chiara
Jun 19, 2015 Chiara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Più va avanti più mi piace, dov'è la sesta stella?
TheGracefulReader
Jan 08, 2017 TheGracefulReader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Iria
Nov 25, 2016 Iria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
-Te tiembla el pulso. Esto te pasa por meterte con piratas sin estar dispuesta a hacer cualquier cosa.
-¿¡A qué te refieres!? ¿A matar como simple espectáculo? ¿A eso os dedicáis los piratas?
-Error. ¡¡Debes estar dispuesta a morir!!

Sin duda lo mejor de este segundo tomo ha sido el personaje de Buggy (con sus reacciones tan graciosas, su habilidad para salir siempre con vida y toda la historia que hay detrás de él y que en un principio ni nos imaginámos) y el desarrollo de de Nami. A ella la vemos
Anthonia
Dec 08, 2016 Anthonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for any and all manga lovers everywhere. Follow the adventure luffy as he heads to th e greatest treasure the grand line.
~~~Davidna From Angel ~~~
"NOBODY IS BORN IN THIS WORLD COMPLETELY ALONE!"
Becca
Jan 05, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Lots of fun! The bad guys were really really cool in this one
Katy Vance
Also silly but funny.
AidanP
Oct 10, 2016 AidanP rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber
Oct 12, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoying this manga. I'm interested to see where it goes.
Julie Hayes
Apr 29, 2012 Julie Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luffy and Nami are an unlikely pair—he’s a pirate, she’s a pirate robber. She wants treasure, he wants to be king of the pirates. The people of Nami’s village have been frightened away by the terrible Buggy the Clown. Nami stole a map from Buggy, showing the way to the Grand Line, where great treasure is to be found. When Luffy and Nami unexpectedly come up against Buggy and his crew, she hands him over to the clownish pirate and claims she’s come to return his map!

Buggy tosses Luffy into an iro
Sebastian
Nov 17, 2016 Sebastian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a very good book in it buggy the clown who has the power of the chop chop fruit fights luffy
O-N-E--P-I-E-C-E-! 2 21 May 09, 2013 09:41AM
O-N-E--P-I-E-C-E-! 1 12 Jul 10, 2011 07:15PM
  • Naruto, Vol. 24: Unorthodox (Naruto, #24)
  • フェアリーテイル 15 [Fearī Teiru 15] (Fairy Tail, #15)
208650